The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bruins-lucic-rips-vancouver-after-bar-fight/

Lucic rips hometown Vancouver after bar fight

Milan Lucic has admitted to being involved in an altercation outside of a bar in Vancouver on Saturday night.

The Boston Bruins forward and Vancouver native said he was “blowing off steam” after Saturday’s 6-2 loss in his Vancouver before he was struck several times by an unprovoked attacker.

A video surfaced on YouTube Sunday morning in which it appeared Lucic was fighting with another man on a sidewalk before the brawl was broken up by police.

Lucic spoke with the media Monday in Boston where he proceeded to rip his hometown.

“Other than being at Rogers Arena, you’ll never see me in downtown Vancouver again,” Lucic said via Joe Haggerty on Monday. “I’m done trying to defend city I’m from.”

Well mr goon, thanks for telling us you won't be here much. Can't really blame the people of Vancouver after you decided to go to the busiest club/bar after a blowout game to 'blow off steam'...sounds more like you were looking to get into trouble with those words but hey, it must suck not being wanted in Vancouver where you're practically born from.

To put this on Vancouver as a city is misplaced.

Other 'local boys' playing for hated rivals have won big games in Vancouver and have gone around the city with no incident.

Joe Sakic, for example. Steve Yzerman for another. Scott Niedermayer?

But these guys has class and maturity. Lucic, comparatively, does not.

The 'local boy' card only works if you have the class and the maturity to go with it.

Lucic should've known better than to go out and get loaded in this case and engage with other chirping meatheads while being intoxicated in a nightclub. imho He needs to gain more maturity and class. Like the aforementioned legit 'local heroes.'

imho This incident is providing 100% deflection from the Bruins' horrible, horrible performance on Saturday is once again shining the spotlight on Vancouver. In that case, mission accomplised. The media is dishing it up and the opposing fans are more than willing to bite.

http://www.sportsnet...fter-bar-fight/

Well mr goon, thanks for telling us you won't be here much. Can't really blame the people of Vancouver after you decided to go to the busiest club/bar after a blowout game to 'blow off steam'...sounds more like you were looking to get into trouble with those words but hey, it must suck not being wanted in Vancouver where you're practically born from.

dude, fans in this city have harassed his family... this was the final straw. In 2011, his church was vandalized and his grandparents had food thrown at them at the arena

I 100% disagree with everything you said. I seriously doubt he was looking for trouble. And "not to be wanted in Vancouver" is total bs. I respect Lucic, and would love him on the Canucks. If I saw him walking down the street, I would ask for a picture...why? Because he is from Vancouver and an awesome player. Some fans need to grow the eft up and move on from 2011.

edited for grammar

Granville Street is pure sewage at 2am.

Marchand trolls the entire city all game then Lucic figures he can get wasted and stroll along the cites biggest d-bag centre ?

some blame on both sides here and i doubt this had anything to do with "canucks" fans.

Most of us living here avoid Granville Street at all costs on a Saturday night.

Almost wonder if Lucic is feigning outrage to cover his a** for being drunk in public after a bad L.

dude, fans in this city have harassed his family, this was the final straw. His church was vandalized, and in 2011, his grandparents had food thrown at them.

I 100% disagree with everything you said. I seriously doubt he was looking for trouble. And "not to be wanted in Vancouver" is total bs. I respect Lucic, and would love him on the Canucks. If I saw him walking down the street, I would ask for a picture...why? Because he is from Vancouver and an awesome player. Some fans need to grow the eft up and move on from 2011.

+1 to you for having the one post out of every hundred that manages to convey some common sense.

Not saying what has happened to him and his family is deserving, but he knew this would've come. He walked straight into trouble when he decided he'd go out after the game and he should know better. Like posters have said, that's something most people try avoiding.

It's too bad. Whatever happened to celebrating some local guys who have made it big in the sports world? The guy should be treated much better when he returns here. I don't care who he plays for. Instead he gets baited into bar fights and some losers desecrate the church his family has gone to for years. Sadly, some a-holes continue to sully the reputation of the fans in this city. I would say the same thing if I was Lucic.

Granville Street is pure sewage at 2am.

Marchand trolls the entire city all game then Lucic figures he can get wasted and stroll along the cites biggest d-bag centre ?

some blame on both sides here and i doubt this had anything to do with "canucks" fans.

Most of us living here avoid Granville Street at all costs on a Saturday night.

Almost wonder if Lucic is feigning outrage to cover his a** for being drunk in public after a bad L.

He definitely looks a bit intoxicated but I can't tell for sure cause all the bruins always kinda look like that.

But the guy he is fighting is definitely drunk.

It's too bad. Whatever happened to celebrating some local guys who have made it big in the sports world? The guy should be treated much better when he returns here. I don't care who he plays for. Instead he gets baited into bar fights and some losers desecrate the church his family has gone to for years. Sadly, some a-holes continue to sully the reputation of the fans in this city. I would say the same thing if I was Lucic.

This city seems having something against Lucic, it's not his fault he wasn't drafted by the Canucks. Defiling his church was a terrible thing as well.

Not saying what has happened to him and his family is deserving, but he knew this would've come. He walked straight into trouble when he decided he'd go out after the game and he should know better. Like posters have said, that's something most people try avoiding.

And that is absolutely ridiculous that a pro athlete, from his hometown, can't go out and have a good time. Haven't heard much of this going on in other cities with other professional athletes. People in Vancouver need to grow up and have some respect.

And that is absolutely ridiculous that a pro athlete, from his hometown, can't go out and have a good time. Haven't heard much of this going on in other cities with other professional athletes. People in Vancouver need to grow up and have some respect.

it doesn't happen anywhere as far as I have ever heard or seen. Only here because we have the highest amount of loser fans in this city.

If I was getting paid a few million dollars and was a "professional" athlete, I would have enough sense not to head out to granville street at 2 am after my team, the Boston Bruins no less, just got owned by the Canucks. Sure you can say he has every right to go anywhere in his own hometown but come on, use some common sense! some idiot was always going to cause trouble, it's called inevitability.

It's my right in a free country to be able to go and hang out in downtown Detroit/Boston/Chicago at 2am but I wouldn't.. especially if I was a player on an opposing/rival sports team.. it's the same anywhere.

Defacing a church and annoying his family is another kettle of fish completely!

"Can't really blame the people of Vancouver"…what if he had gotten cracked over the back of the head with a bottle and was seriously hurt? Singing the same tune? This isn't the first time that he, his family, or his community has been harassed in his own hometown too. But I guess you "can't really blame the people of Vancouver" for defacing the church he went to growing up just because of the outcome of a hockey series.

tumblr_lzilkeJi6j1qgptzho1_500.png

^Now that's class…take notes, Boston!

The idiocy that is so prevalent in this fanbase is nothing short of embarrassing.

I think its sad that the guy can't go out in his hometown without this kind of shyt happening but it has to do with him being a Bruin. As long as he is a bruin he should know that he could expect something.

That picture of what happened to his church is f'd up. Why would you do something like that like the riot wasn't enough to make the city look bad, and the goof that did it didnt even spell "canucks" right.

Go clubbing after getting your butt kicked? That's Shane O'Brien tier.

I'm sorry, but it seems like a lot of people go have a drink after a bad day. Lucic doesn't deserve the crap he gets dude. He's from here, won the memorial cup here, and just because they won a game we trash on his life when he returns? Like what the frack?

Archived