The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

Absolutely horrible some of the stuff that has happened to him recently, but at the same time to make comments that essentially blame the whole city is incredibly narrow minded and perhaps said in the heat of the moment

I agree with this, it's not fair to put everyone in the city in that vilified position. My cousin's friend attended game 7 in the 2011 SCF and they were applauding Lucic when it was his turn to hoist the cup. So yeah there's going to be a$$holes in the city but not everyone is (or not even the majority) so it's not fair for Lucic to categorize and generalize everyone like that.

Absolutely horrible some of the stuff that has happened to him recently, but at the same time to make comments that essentially blame the whole city is incredibly narrow minded and perhaps said in the heat of the moment

He didn't really blame the whole city. It seemed like he was tired of trying to make Vancouver seem like the best place on earth and that Vancouver isn't filled with all the fools the media has associated with this city.

He has continuously mentioned how most of those rioters/vandals/hecklers don't represent Vancouver as a whole, but the truth is, there's no point of continuing when Vancouver (like most cities) does have idiots like those mentioned above.

edit: it all depends on how you interpret it

You're no better than the people who spray painted the church and rioted in the streets. I can't believe you can't find sympathy with a home town boy and arguably the best player to come from Vancouver since Sakic. The kid was practically kicked from his hometown from the repeated crap Canucks fans do to him

paul kariya says hello

honestly,

a lot of this has a personal feel to it. I am wondering if there are people he grew up with in this city that are really miffed that he made it? Targeting his church and grandparents, the deification incident, and now this, it seems to me that there is more information out there that we do not know about. It is a little much for the "public" to target this guy repeatedly.

I am still embarrassed for this city, I always wished Sakic would come back, and would be real hurt if Lucic never comes back because of all of this. What a shame.

Fine, but instead of finding fault with Milan actions, so a little compassion for a man who has the right to be visibly and rightfully upset...what would you be saying now?

Where did I debate that Lucic didn't have a right to be upset? You need to stick with what is actually being said versus making stuff up.

Can't saw as I blame him. Vandalizing his church, harassing his grandparents, assaulting him in the street. I'd never come back either. This place is God damned embarrassing. If we're not torching police cars and ransacking shops (twice, so it's no accident that it happens here) we're attacking visiting hockey players. It's nauseating.

Can't saw as I blame him. Vandalizing his church, harassing his grandparents, assaulting him in the street. I'd never come back either. This place is God damned embarrassing. If we're not torching police cars and ransacking shops (twice, so it's no accident that it happens here) we're attacking visiting hockey players. It's nauseating.

We torched police cars? We ransacked stores? We attacked Milan Lucic? Speak for yourself. And if your so embarrassed by Vancouver, leave.

It's quite clear that the only one here to blame is Kassian. If he challenged Lucic and got his face caved in this would have never happened; Lucic "blows off some steam" and Kassian can say that he stood up against Lucic, something people have wanted him to do ever since his days in Buffalo.

Either your kidding or your &#^$%$* ($*$^#*

We torched police cars? We ransacked stores? We attacked Milan Lucic? Speak for yourself. And if your so embarrassed by Vancouver, leave.

It's repetitive and it's embarrassing. Where else is this hockey related mindless buffoonery going on? It's obviously a local culture problem that needs to be addressed. I didn't say you did any of those things, but I knew they were going to happen. Back in'94 I declared in my living room during game 7 that 'the riot is on win or lose.' My friends, some of them, were quite offended. But I wasn't wrong. I'm third generation BC. I know this place, brother.

Not sure if that statement was sarcasm but we all know there are s***y fans everywhere. It's unfortunate that Lucic gets the bulk of the heat when he's in Vancouver but it comes with your profession especially as something as heated as Bruins/Canucks.

But if he's going to call out Vancouver Canucks fans because there are a few bad apples what about the same kind of Bruins fans?

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1068235

http://www.thestar.c..._in_boston.html

Yeah it was sarcastic.. Basically outlining how ridiculous it is that Vancouver gets all the heat it does.

People just like singling out Vancouver and characterizing all of its citizens from a few bad events when in reality EVERY (fine, most) teams in the history of sports have horrible fans that have done embarrassing things. This doesn't mean we should be ashamed of our city.. I don't feel embarrassed being a Vancouverite at all just because some idiots were being idiots. I know there are thousands and thousands of respectable Canucks fans, and it's a shame that these incidents have made it easy to generalize the bunch of us.

it's happend 5 times in the past 9 years in boston, gtfo with your idiotic generalizations

You know, stuff happens. Churches get vandalized...mostly, drunk idiots (the common theme) with nothing better to do. People throw peanuts at games. Stupid people, but you don't take that stuff personally...you take it with a grain of salt. For some reason, small people feel bigger when they accost others. Hurt others - it's empowering to them and they grow 3 sizes.

But enough with the "poor Milan" stuff. He's a big boy. He dishes out and takes some.

How about children's hospital and the folks who volunteer there? My daughter and I do animal rescue - does that count when I'm not flipping over cars and stuff?

Broad brushes don't paint nice pictures.

You know, stuff happens. Churches get vandalized...mostly, drunk idiots (the common theme) with nothing better to do. People throw peanuts at games. Stupid people, but you don't take that stuff personally...you take it with a grain of salt. For some reason, small people feel bigger when they accost others. Hurt others - it's empowering to them and they grow 3 sizes.

But enough with the "poor Milan" stuff. He's a big boy. He dishes out and takes some.

How about children's hospital and the folks who volunteer there? My daughter and I do animal rescue - does that count when I'm not flipping over cars and stuff?

Broad brushes don't paint nice pictures.

It's not you. It's the local hockey culture. It's a little psychotic.

What I don't get is how we have to all mea culpe for the actions of a few.

Its unfortunate and sad but when he smears the entire city for a few asses thats what I take issue with.

How is he smearing an entire city? He never said "Oh everyone's just like this guy"... The fact is that a lot of Canuck fans now are like this guy and this is confirmed by Boston fans that come here to watch a game and get harassed while they're leaving the arena, in the bathroom, on the skytrain, etc. He should be able to come back to his home town and be able to walk around without getting booed, threatened, sweared at, hit, etc.

Archived