The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

Wow Lucic is only trying to chill with some of his buddy's he probably barely sees. This is just disgraceful and disrespectful to a hometown hero.

This just puts a horrible image on the city of Vancouver and the Canucks fan base...

Some people here seem to get it. I'm not sure why the vast majority don't. Seems like they confuse a game with real life too easily.

Lucic is an idiot for going out to "blow off steam". I mean c'mon, use your brain. It was bound to happen, he threw himself into the fire & is blaming others for coming out with a burn.

The church thing & annoying his family is completely different. Those are just certain people in society who will do those things under any circumstance in any city, every city has people like that. Its wrong, classless & is just something you never want to find out about, but still there's no reason for anyone (even Lucic) to paint with a broad brush here & act like its the entire city or the entire fanbase. (or even a majority)

But here it happens to be related to the fact that he's a hockey player.

Hockey hockey hockey!

Don't apply your hang ups on me. This is what you said:

It's all about hockey there, so nice try. You claimed that you moved because of hockey fans and I even gave you the benifit of the doubt that you were exagerating or lying as I felt the concept ridiculous.

Hockey fanaticism was a big reason I did get away from Vancouver, yes, but there are reasons outside of hockey that I hate what goes on here. Keep trying to defend these rioters, vandals, and fanatics that don't care about how much of a good guy Lucic is off the ice but only judge him by what he does on the ice, when they haven't likely even put on skates their whole life. This guy is a role model for children, a sports hero for this city, bringing it its first hockey championship in a very long time, a very approachable guy (at least when he was on the Giants, I'm sure he still is), a hometown boy.... Yet he gets all this hate just because he's part of the team that beat the Canucks. I'm sick of this mob mentality, "Hate this hate that" or you're a "band wagoner" or you're "not a real fan" of the Canucks because you respect other players of the game, lol.

I find it interesting that everyone just assumes the guy is a Canucks fan giving Vancouver a bad name ect. what's to say it isn't some ignorant leafs fan visiting from Toronto or a Hawks fan trying to rub in last year? Just because it happened in Vancouver doesn't necessarily mean it was a Canucks fan.

But the fact that we five alarm rioted last time Lucic's team happened to be in town is very unlikely to be a coincidence, lol.

Hockey fanaticism was a big reason I did get away from Vancouver, yes, but there are reasons outside of hockey that I hate what goes on here. Keep trying to defend these rioters, vandals, and fanatics that don't care about how much of a good guy Lucic is off the ice but only judge him by what he does on the ice, when they haven't likely even put on skates their whole life. This guy is a role model for children, a sports hero for this city, bringing it its first hockey championship in a very long time, a very approachable guy (at least when he was on the Giants, I'm sure he still is), a hometown boy.... Yet he gets all this hate just because he's part of the team that beat the Canucks. I'm sick of this mob mentality, "Hate this hate that" or you're a "band wagoner" or you're "not a real fan" of the Canucks because you respect other players of the game, lol.

Other than the Miller hit, I respect and would like Lucic on our team. There you can move back now lol! I don't know who you hung around but I don't hear much of that.

It's like an illness I'm afraid brother. The folks on here that have it don't see the problem. It's an addiction with theses people. They've moved beyond recreational use to abuse. Some of them seem like theycould use a month in Maple Cottage, lol.

Wow you guys act as if this is the first time something like this has happened in Vancouver or in any city.

If I remember correctly weren't Vancouver Canuck players denied food or drinks when they went out in Boston during the 2011 SCF. It's just a real hate between the Canucks and Bruins, I guess. If Lucic doesn't want to come back then who cares, I'm not phased by anything that happened to him.

I will always love Vancouver and the Canucks!

Then why not go to one of their homes or a smaller pub? Where he can visit in peace. Why put yourself in a vulnerable position? Why head down to Dbag central on a Saturday night? If you go looking for trouble you usually find it.

A little personal responsibility goes a long way in situations like this.

Sure he has the right to go anywhere in the city and do whatever but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Just because I have the right to don a white robe and pointy hood and wander around Watts County in LA. Does not make it a good idea.

Also, someone should inform him that threatening to kill people is a criminal offense.

While we're on the subject of class.

Here you see the classic confusing of the events of a game with reality again. This appears to be the signature symptom of this heretofore nameless disorder that I think we ought to call Nucklehead fever.

Also, LMAO at the idea that an athlete should have to hide in public, lest he be accosted by a grown man under the deadly grip of a bad case oi the ol Nucklehead.

Jeezus folks, this cant be real!

Lucic is an idiot for going out to "blow off steam". I mean c'mon, use your brain. It was bound to happen, he threw himself into the fire & is blaming others for coming out with a burn.

He went out to blow off some steam at a poutine place... where he was attacked...

Hardly call that idiotic

It's like an illness I'm afraid brother. The folks on here that have it don't see the problem. It's an addiction with theses people. They've moved beyond recreational use to abuse. Some of them seem like theycould use a month in Maple Cottage, lol.

I miss when this team was average. People were chill, fans of other teams could come in and feel at home and welcomed, people weren't over the top and they were more knowledgeable about the game, etc... Now it's "hockey hockey hockey. I will never forgive the Bruins for beating us the way they did. They gooned their way to a cup and I'm never going to let it go for as long as I live!"

It's a game, folks. I understand most of you make it the center of your lives etc but getting so butthurt over the colour of the jersey on someone's back because the team beat you... :sadno:.

Sports is like alcohol.. do it in moderation and it's okay... go over the top and get drunk and you'll do something stupid.

Riight cause him getting in a fight at 2am with some random dude has so much to do with the Canucks...

Oh I'm sure the guy was a Canucks fan though, not just a drunk.

If he's willing to disown his city because one random douche tried to fight him, then he was never really that loyal anyways. Not that Vancouver even needs defending. It's a world class city with alot of good people. But just like anywhere you go, there are douchebags too. Welcome to the real world Milan.

Think of how it is going to come across. It's no secret why that guy did what he did.

Call it what you want, but the premise of the argument towards Milan is about him and the Bruins organization beating the Canucks. This isn't sour grapes or throwing stones at the guy personally since he is a Vancouver Native as well as Vancouver Giant. Ignorant to think this is the "REAL WORLD" if a guy goes out and gets punched in the face because it's 2 am and he shouldn't have been there.

This comes across strictly representing fans from Vancouver on how they can't handle a sport. To insinuate that this is Lucic's fault, HONESTLY, then you need your head examined.

Nuff Nuff hold the stuff.

I miss when this team was average. People were chill, fans of other teams could come in and feel at home and welcomed, people weren't over the top and they were more knowledgeable about the game, etc... Now it's "hockey hockey hockey. I will never forgive the Bruins for beating us the way they did. They gooned their way to a cup and I'm never going to let it go for as long as I live!"

It's a game, folks. I understand most of you make it the center of your lives etc but getting so butthurt over the colour of the jersey on someone's back because the team beat you... :sadno:.

Sports is like alcohol.. do it in moderation and it's okay... go over the top and get drunk and you'll do something stupid.

Yup keep painting those broad strokes!

take the stick out of the rear end hop of your high horse so on and so on get over it already and stop painting the entire city with the same brush

And what wonderful city are you living in now where everyone is just awesome and such things just never happen?

take the stick out of the rear end hop of your high horse so on and so on get over it already and stop painting the entire city with the same brush

For the umpteenth time, it isn't the entire city. It's a peculiar fanaticism that manifests itself in the most hard core segment of hockey fans in the city. That's all it is. And as a fellow 'Nucklehead' myself, I find it embarrassing. Always have.

And what wonderful city are you living in now where everyone is just awesome and such things just never happen?

We should count ourselves lucky if over-the-top, sometimes anti-social hockey fanaticism is the worst problem we have as a community. Still, it is a problem, it most certainly does exist, and our fan community really ought to try to come to grips with it, I think.

Archived