The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

Lucic made a mistake going to Granville, its filled with thugs and worse he plays for the Bruins. He didn't deserve to be disrespected, but then again do know that it hurts fans when the team lost and people are willing to get a little revenge. Not coming back might be a good thing for everyone.

I don't condone the desecration of churches, that was garbage. The harassment his family has gotten is ridiculous too. But given the history between the Canucks and Bruins you'd have to that he'd know better than to go wandering through one of the scummier areas of Vancouver during the weekend, especially after a blowout loss. Someone was going to stir something up, it was inevitable. Unfortunate, but inevitable.

What's really irritating though is how the entire Canuck fanbase seems to get slagged for stuff like this.

Dude, not even close. Ratt Cooke and Max Crappierre. I don't like the Bruins at all, but I'd be pretty happy if Mikey G could bring Lucic here.

Except do you really think Lucic will want to join the Canucks with all the incidents that have happened? If you were harassed by your home town would you even want to live there?

And we're wondering why Deb locked the other threads...

Hey look! It's the 'All youse Vancouver fans are a total disgrace, unlike me, the troll' trolls...

Here's the thing. Being a fan of this team means being a fan of this team, regardless of the manner of which you do it. What? You think Bruins fans are concerned about how classy they look when they take a pee on Canucks' fans' shoes in Boston?

Gimme a freakin' break, 'class police.' Shut the hell up and support the team.

Ya think RNH has a similar concern?

no...

Sakic was the captain of a big rival for most of his entire career. No incidents there. The reason this happened is because Lucic is a complete disgrace to the city.

Really? and what would make him a disgrace to the city? Was it his fault he wasn't drafted by the canucks? Was it his fault he plays for the bruins who beat the canucks in 2011? What exactly did Lucic do to become a disgrace to the city? Its posts like these that are completely ignorant and pathetic.

Cooke's worst incident happened when he was in Pittsburgh. Lapierre's in St. Louis. So, next? I'm sure you could go on.

I could. My response was referencing Canucks over time, not the current group. I don't think we have a bonafide rat at this point. Burrows would be our closest thing. I'm really not keen to defend Lucic as much as defend my city. I could care less what anyone really thinks about the fans or team, it will not change how much I love my team. My city on the other hand, is AWESOME! Some of the folk who live here? Not so much.

Hey look! It's the 'All youse Vancouver fans are a total disgrace, unlike me, the troll' trolls...

Here's the thing. Being a fan of this team means being a fan of this team, regardless of the manner of which you do it. What? You think Bruins fans are concerned about how classy they look when they take a pee on Canucks' fans' shoes in Boston?

tumblr_ltsli8lFG11r5qrimo1_250.gif

If you hang out with a bunch of "friends" that end up doing things that you don't want to do do you hang around with them anymore? While I agree that being a fan of the team means enjoying the team, who you enjoy the team with can also make all the difference in the world.

no...

Really? and what would make him a disgrace to the city? Was it his fault he wasn't drafted by the canucks? Was it his fault he plays for the bruins who beat the canucks in 2011? What exactly did Lucic do to become a disgrace to the city? Its posts like these that are completely ignorant and pathetic.

Ask Miller.

I agree, but it doesn't really matter if I do or not, being fans of the same team does not mean we have to agree on other aspects of society, humanity, religion, politics etc.

Neither one 'disgraces our city'. C'mon.

OK, fair enough, it's hard to disgrace a whole city, BUT, Steve Fonyo had to give back an Order of Canada, went to jail, has been convicted 5 times for DUI, has been convicted for fraud, assault and credit card fraud...and driving with a suspended license. That's a fair chunk worse than Lucic. There is more to Fonyo's criminal record, I gave the coles notes version.

To put this on Vancouver as a city is misplaced.

Other 'local boys' playing for hated rivals have won big games in Vancouver and have gone around the city with no incident.

Joe Sakic, for example. Steve Yzerman for another. Scott Niedermayer?

But these guys has class and maturity. Lucic, comparatively, does not.

The 'local boy' card only works if you have the class and the maturity to go with it.

Lucic should've known better than to go out and get loaded in this case and engage with other chirping meatheads while being intoxicated in a nightclub. imho He needs to gain more maturity and class. Like the aforementioned legit 'local heroes.'

imho This incident is providing 100% deflection from the Bruins' horrible, horrible performance on Saturday is once again shining the spotlight on Vancouver. In that case, mission accomplised. The media is dishing it up and the opposing fans are more than willing to bite.

Archived