The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

Vancouver fans are probably the most classless people on the planet.

What the fans did in 2011 is an utter embarrassment.

What happened last night is pretty much Vancouver at it's finest. Bunch of jerks and losers. Idiots morons.

In regards to the "Roxy" that's actually a club that Canucks players or NHL players in general often drop by after games. I've got friends in the past who ran into Naslund, Cooke, Bertuzzi, just random Canuck players. If you guys actually want an autograph of a random Canuck, drop by the Roxy after a Saturday night game. Why the Roxy? It's actually a club for older people, "late 20's to 30's to 40's" type of hang out bar.

It is life, but you figure people would have more respect for the fellow man as a person and not have such serious hate for what he does at his work place. Its just the lack of consideration other people have for eachother for superficial reasons.

Again...I won't say its all canuck fans...but its the one's who take the game of hockey to a whole new level and attack someones character for their on ice antics...

I don't remember seeing a "I hate Gino" thread for all that he brought to us..Don't get me wrong...I loved what he did.

But he was a completly different person off the ice than what he was on.

welcome to life pal

you want to live in a place where nobody is a douche and every stranger respects you? move to a deserted island. its sickening how blown out of proportion this is... did the canucks disrespect all of Boston when they went out to eat during the cup run and were told the restaurant was "out of food" ? no, just crybaby lucic does that. his intelligence is woefully obvious when he threatens to go to the police after being caught on video telling somebody hes going to kill them. what a moron.

Vancouver fans are probably the most classless people on the planet.

What the fans did in 2011 is an utter embarrassment.

What happened last night is pretty much Vancouver at it's finest. Bunch of jerks and losers. Idiots morons.

In regards to the "Roxy" that's actually a club that Canucks players or NHL players in general often drop by after games. I've got friends in the past who ran into Naslund, Cooke, Bertuzzi, just random Canuck players. If you guys actually want an autograph of a random Canuck, drop by the Roxy after a Saturday night game. Why the Roxy? It's actually a club for older people, "late 20's to 30's to 40's" type of hang out bar.

Get lost Bruins fan. What was it two minutes away from forcing game 7 and you guys blew it and lost it all. Pathetic. Not to mention a bench full of classless cheapshot whiners.

It's pretty sad when you can't go to the city your from and be treated with respect.

Let's put it this way in keeping it in context. This is no longer HIS city, his city is now Boston as indicated by the crest on his chest.

And respect is earned....he plays for a team of dirty goons and plays for a city that booed one of ours, who lay on the ice with a broken back. So there's a little tension there. Absolutely am not condoning or excusing this, simply stating facts. The Kumbaya circle group isn't waiting for Milan to sit in here.

And let's cut this poor innocent homeboy act...you don't think he was likely a mouthy punk (too)? Listen to what he says "I'll **** kill you". Last time I checked, a death threat is a criminal offense. So he's no victim here, he's a participant from what I saw.

I don't like that some (idiots) have taken it upon themselves to play out their Fight Club initiation by hitting up someone newsworthy. I guess they figure they get extra badass points or something. But they don't represent this city and I am offended by the implication that I, as a Canucks fan - no, a Vancouverite, am some sort of low life. How dramatic. Give it a rest. Don't label some idiot with a brand of "Vancouver". Label him appropriately...as "ASSHAT". He was not acting on behalf of me or any others I know.

He's a punk - not a poster boy for Vancouver.

Let's look at the fine folks of Boston and how they treat others if we want to go down that road. I am SICK and tired of somehow being associated with this nonsense. Born and raised here and would never participate in the crap that these thugs do.

But I'm not so sure Lucic wasn't....he was out on the town after his teammate did the whole kissing of the ring and raising of the cup. So I'm not sure that these guys are innocent school boys...they've got some attitude of their own. So, some clown reacted. All this talk of fellow man and respect. LOL...you won't find it after hours in the club. Lookin' in the wrong place.

Should it be open season on he and his family? - absolutely not...show some respect does apply. Hate that (especially elderly people)...they are locals, leave them the hell alone. But in a bar where cockiness likely was the theme and guys are going back/forth at each other? Happens. Take it outside, sort it out and move on.

Did I like that this happened? No. But when testosterone fueled tough guys are out knocking a few back and puffing out their chests, it does happen. God bless the internet and making news out of what happens every Saturday night. So let's not make this world history of some sort. My God, it's ridiculous. If it was an assault, file charges go to court and move on. But don't drag the entire hockey world into to...it wasn't at the rink, it was at a bar. It's the bar scene, not the hockey fans.

If he'd walked down the tunnel and the clown clocked him - fine. But it's alcohol + macho ego. This isn't news.

I am tired of the holier than thou'ers. It's sickening.

I agree and he probably did let his emotions run a lil free...its almost like that fight we have with that gf or bf...we say things when adreline is high..but after a couple days we realize what we have said.

The events that have happened to Lucic in Vancouver have all been pretty terrible, and I can understand how he doesn't feel welcomed in this city..

But this minor bar altercation... really? This was what really made him berate the entire city of Vancouver? A drunk guy at a bar tries fighting him and that pushes him off the edge? Doesn't this happen in most bars in most cities? I can't believe this one incident made him put a giant X on Vancouver. Then saying he's officially done trying to defend the city? Okay. Clearly everyone in Vancouver is a rioter, church defacer, and popcorn throwing assaulter who needs no respect.

Then the way the media has blown this up as well. It's getting tiring reading opposing views of Vancouver, and having this stick out among every other great thing this city does. A couple of idiot Canucks fan, and everyone assumes it's representative of a city with over 1 million people living there..

Yes the riots did certainly gave this city a bad reputation, and from there on the media (especially Toronto media) has clung onto any other stories they could get to make it look even worse. Just like how no one ever mentions how over ten thousand citizens came and cleaned the city next morning. Their main focus is the handful of drunken people who were mostly not even from here..

Anyways, I get how he feels unwelcomed. But putting the whole city on blast isn't fair, and it seems like he let his emotions run his mouth.

For the 1000th time it's the aggressor who says "Do you know who you're fracking with" and "I'm going to fracking kill you". Listen to the voice. Lucic responds after he says that with "Do you know who YOU'RE fracking with" and he says it only once. The same exact voice that doesn't say "I'm going to kill you" says "He hit me twice" I know Lucic's voice..

have any examples of bostonians assaulting players from rival sports teams you'd like to share?

Boston fans made verbal assaults by making racist comments to a hockey player in 2012. So yeah, boston fans aren't any better.

And quit acting like a stupid drunken brawl is something that only happens in Vancouver.

Let's put it this way in keeping it in context. This is no longer HIS city, his city is now Boston as indicated by the crest on his chest.

And respect is earned....he plays for a team of dirty goons and plays for a city that booed one of ours, who lay on the ice with a broken back. So there's a little tension there.

And let's cut this poor innocent homeboy act...you don't think he was likely a mouthy punk (too)? Listen to what he says "I'll **** kill you".

I don't like that some (idiots) have taken it upon themselves to act out their superhero payback for a SC loss. But they don't represent this city and I am offended by the implication that I, as a Canucks fan - no, a Vancouverite, am some sort of low life. How dramatic. Give it a rest. Don't label some punk with a brand of "Vancouver"....could be an Albertan here to visit for Christmas. An American who drove over to hit the slopes.

Even if it is a local, he's a punk - not a poster boy for Vancouver.

Let's look at the fine folks of Boston and how they treat others if we want to go down that road. I am SICK and tired of somehow being associated with this nonsense. Born and raised here and would never participate in the crap that these thugs do.

But I'm not so sure Lucic wasn't....he was out on the town after his teammate did the whole kissing of the ring and raising of the cup. Someone reacted. Get over it already? Did I like that this happened? No. When testosterone fueled tough guys are out knocking a few back and puffing out their chests does it happen? Every single weekend. So let's not make this world history of some sort. My God, it's ridiculous. If it was an assault, file charges go to court and move on. But don't drag the entire hockey world into to...it wasn't at the rink, it was at a bar. It's the bar scene, not the hockey fans.

tumblr_maq77ecMHG1qejf6u.gif

Well said as always Deb. Im not going to stop being proud of my team or my city because Milan Lucic has had a few bad things happen to him here.

I don't get how people are saying that it was the other guy saying..."do you know who I am" and "I'm gonna kill you". When it's clearly the same voice saying "he hit me twice" "he hit me twice" "no he hit me three times". Where do they figure it was the other guy??

No it's not. Look at the guy's hand movements when he begins to say "do you know who you're fracking with". He's clearly the one talking and that's not Lucic's voice. Then he says "I'm going to fracking kill you" and Lucic says back "Do you know who YOU'RE fracking with" in a lower tone. Then the EXACT same voice that didn't say "I'm going to kill you" says "He hit me twice" I know what Looch's voice sounds like.

And respect is earned....he plays for a team of dirty goons and plays for a city that booed one of ours, who lay on the ice with a broken back. So there's a little tension there.

And let's cut this poor innocent homeboy act...you don't think he was likely a mouthy punk (too)? Listen to what he says "I'll **** kill you". Last time I checked, a death threat is a criminal offense. So he's no victim here, he's a participant from what I saw.

I don't like that some (idiots) have taken it upon themselves to act out their superhero payback for a SC loss. But they don't represent this city and I am offended by the implication that I, as a Canucks fan - no, a Vancouverite, am some sort of low life. How dramatic. Give it a rest. Don't label some punk with a brand of "Vancouver". Label him appropriately..."ASSHAT". He was not acting on behalf of me or any others I know.

He's a punk - not a poster boy for Vancouver.

But I'm not so sure Lucic wasn't....he was out on the town after his teammate did the whole kissing of the ring and raising of the cup. Tell me, again, that these guys don't like to taunt? Someone reacted. Get over it already?

Did I like that this happened? No. But when testosterone fueled tough guys are out knocking a few back and puffing out their chests, it happens. Every single weekend. So let's not make this world history of some sort. My God, it's ridiculous. If it was an assault, file charges go to court and move on. But don't drag the entire hockey world into to...it wasn't at the rink, it was at a bar. It's the bar scene, not the hockey fans.

If he'd walked down the tunnel and the clown clocked him - fine. But it's alcohol + macho ego. This isn't news.

Well said, deb!

"Where's his entourage?" So what...you figure the guy needs 'back up' if he wants to go for some drinks, or out for dinner?

Are you that naive?

In fact, he DID have Bruins around him until he left the club at 3am. Chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp. Then the waste spillage out into the streets led to him being suckerpunched an Mean Poutine ('Where the Sucker Punches are Always Free') and the cops, who deal with this kinda crap every freakin' weekend btw, were on scene to break it up before Lucic could do something to get sued for.

It's a shame that he cannot get drunk and hang around enemy territory at all hours of the night.

It's also a shame that a $6mil per pro athelete thinks that Mean Poutine is still a sweet hangout. But then again, money doesn't bring about class or maturity.

I agree with everything except for the no longer his city...So just because somebody moves somewhere for a job, means they are automatically outcasted? Don't forget canucks had a chance to draft the hometown boy.

But I also agree that he is a punk who I probably couldn't be friends with....he's a good guy to party with, but to be friends with...nah. But that doesn't merrit certain physical actions or vandalism. Heckling...sure why not.

Not gonna lie, I have been in a couple cases where i've been in arguements with people and the words "i'd f**kin kill you have come out...but again, thats out of aggression. What else would I say. "Sir, I would like to have a round with you if you don't mind so lets have a fight when you are free...please and thank you" No...you say whatever sounds more aggressive and intimidating because we are acting like goons at the moment.

Again..I agree with 3/4 of your post

And let's cut this poor innocent homeboy act...you don't think he was likely a mouthy punk (too)? Listen to what he says "I'll **** kill you".

I don't like that some (idiots) have taken it upon themselves to act out their superhero payback for a SC loss. But they don't represent this city and I am offended by the implication that I, as a Canucks fan - no, a Vancouverite, am some sort of low life. How dramatic. Give it a rest. Don't label some punk with a brand of "Vancouver"....could be an Albertan here to visit for Christmas. An American who drove over to hit the slopes.

Even if it is a local, he's a punk - not a poster boy for Vancouver.

But I'm not so sure Lucic wasn't....he was out on the town after his teammate did the whole kissing of the ring and raising of the cup. Someone reacted. Get over it already? Did I like that this happened? No. When testosterone fueled tough guys are out knocking a few back and puffing out their chests does it happen? Every single weekend. So let's not make this world history of some sort. My God, it's ridiculous. If it was an assault, file charges go to court and move on. But don't drag the entire hockey world into to...it wasn't at the rink, it was at a bar. It's the bar scene, not the hockey fans.

Lucic did nothing wrong by going out. He is not a criminal and does not have a curfew. Some drunken idiot was just that, this incident only reflects on the drunken idiot. Leave Lucic and the city and Canuck fans out of it.

A big downside to the internet is stupid trivial garbage like this gets turned into a "viral" episode till the next bit of fluff shows up to keep the web occupied

You ever have one of those poutines...They are priceless!!

Are you that naive?

In fact, he DID have Bruins around him until he left the club at 3am. Chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp. Then the waste spillage out into the streets led to him being suckerpunched an Mean Poutine ('Where the Sucker Punches are Always Free') and the cops, who deal with this kinda crap every freakin' weekend btw, were on scene to break it up before Lucic could do something to get sued for.

It's a shame that he cannot get drunk and hang around enemy territory at all hours of the night.

It's also a shame that a $6mil per pro athelete thinks that Mean Poutine is still a sweet hangout. But then again, money doesn't bring about class or maturity.

Yeah, I missed it when he defended 'his' city. Does anyone have a link?

Recntly, what I did see is the Bruins getting absolutely pancaked and because of Lucic being an drunken idiot nobody's talking about that.

i'll get back to you with a link (too much traffic on the bar fight so I can't actually find the links) but Lucic said something like the people who vandalized his church don't represent all of Vancouver and are probably teens who think they're cool, he also said that he loves Vancouver and the fans, loved how they cheered him on when he lifted the cup, and something about how he knows the rioters don't represent Vancouver.

Archived