The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

You know, stuff happens. Churches get vandalized...mostly, drunk idiots (the common theme) with nothing better to do. People throw peanuts at games. Stupid people, but you don't take that stuff personally...you take it with a grain of salt. For some reason, small people feel bigger when they accost others. Hurt others - it's empowering to them and they grow 3 sizes.

But enough with the "poor Milan" stuff. He's a big boy. He dishes out and takes some.

How about children's hospital and the folks who volunteer there? My daughter and I do animal rescue - does that count when I'm not flipping over cars and stuff?

Broad brushes don't paint nice pictures.

Dishes it out. Where, on the hockey rink? That entertainment. I'm talking about real life.

How is he smearing an entire city? He never said "Oh everyone's just like this guy"... The fact is that a lot of Canuck fans now are like this guy and this is confirmed by Boston fans that come here to watch a game and get harassed while they're leaving the arena, in the bathroom, on the skytrain, etc.

because Boston fans are any better? there idiots in every fanbase

How is he smearing an entire city? He never said "Oh everyone's just like this guy"... The fact is that a lot of Canuck fans now are like this guy and this is confirmed by Boston fans that come here to watch a game and get harassed while they're leaving the arena, in the bathroom, on the skytrain, etc. He should be able to come back to his home town and be able to walk around without getting booed, threatened, sweared at, hit, etc.

Yes. That's right, hockey isn't real life.

It's repetitive and it's embarrassing. Where else is this hockey related mindless buffoonery going on? It's obviously a local culture problem that needs to be addressed. I didn't say you did any of those things, but I knew they were going to happen. Back in'94 I declared in my living room during game 7 that 'the riot is on win or lose.' My friends, some of them, were quite offended. But I wasn't wrong. I'm third generation BC. I know this place, brother.

Good for you. I'm from Vancouver........So there.

Exactly! I couldn't agree more..

I guess he likes to stay true to his roots and stick to what he is comfortable with. I mean if I was a millionaire, I would probably still pay a visit to my own stomping grounds. But I guess that is a double edge sword because if he didn't, people would probably assume that he's a snobby punk who thinks hes too good.

That's sad a guy can't go out in his own hometown and not get assaulted. I for one like Lucic, hockey is a business and Boston is where he works. He should be able to go out and spend time in the city he grew up in. If he didn't like Van he sure wouldn't be out and about in his hometown. Just plain sad.

With that said, If I was him and a millionaire you sure wouldn't see me in some cheesy average bar. I'd be in an upscale high-brow lounge trying to get my drink and groove on with the ladies... not the trash.

Yes. That's right, hockey isn't real life.

Exactly. These people who are glad he's not coming back to Vancouver or hate him just because he plays for a rival team are imbeciles. It sickens me that a hometown kid who helped win a championship for the Giants and loves everything about this city gets so trashed on just because his team was the better team in the SCF... what has he done to warrant this hate outside of hockey? The answer is easy: Nothing. People get so personal and over the top with hockey... everybody just needs to calm the hell down.

But it's not going to be dealt with because nobody recognizes that there's a problem. We've got a hockey hooliganism problem that's unique to Vancouver. Watch city council go ahead and plan another ridiculous downtown gathering again.

Yep. Which is why I've moved away from Vancouver. People go way over the top, are snobbish when this team has won nothing and are losers to opposing fans... just a sense of self entitlement and a huge sense of ego in this city.

But it's not going to be dealt with because nobody recognizes that there's a problem. We've got a hockey hooliganism problem that's unique to Vancouver. Watch city council go ahead and plan another ridiculous downtown gathering again.

Vancouver isn't the first major city to riot after a loss hell some cities riot after wins look it up it's not unique to Vancouver at all a couple of drunk people do not equal an entire fan base let alone the fan base in Vancouver so give it a rest thinking it is some big problem

Granville Street is pure sewage at 2am.

Marchand trolls the entire city all game then Lucic figures he can get wasted and stroll along the cites biggest d-bag centre ?

some blame on both sides here and i doubt this had anything to do with "canucks" fans.

Most of us living here avoid Granville Street at all costs on a Saturday night.

Almost wonder if Lucic is feigning outrage to cover his a** for being drunk in public after a bad L.

Jeezus people. There's a separation between what happened at the gol durned game and real life. It's entertainment. Nothing more.

lmao be glad you don't follow EPL and live in the UK.

Yep. Which is why I've moved away from Vancouver. People go way over the top, are snobbish when this team has won nothing and are losers to opposing fans... just a sense of self entitlement and a huge sense of ego in this city.

Wait, you are claiming you moved from vancouver because of our hockey fans? If I believed a word of that I wouldn't know if to pity you or laugh at you.

One thing is for sure, though. You would lose the right to claim anyone in vancouver takes the sport too seriously.

Vancouver isn't the first major city to riot after a loss hell some cities riot after wins look it up it's not unique to Vancouver at all a couple of drunk people do not equal an entire fan base let alone the fan base in Vancouver so give it a rest thinking it is some big problem

It's a hockey related problem. That part of it is certainly unique to our city. Of course, in the grand scheme of things this is small potatoes compared to the social problems that beset most cities this size in North America. But this is a hockey forum; an ideal platform, I should think for us local folks address this thing in an honest way for once instead of burying our heads in the sand and pretending we don't have a hockey buffoonery (hooliganism is too strong a word) problem.

It's not you. It's the local hockey culture. It's a little psychotic.

I don't even think it's that. I think "hockey" is the excuse these idiots use. I just think there are some neanderthals out there who get their kicks out of being morons. People laugh and they tell stories and they think that attention is a positive thing. Hopefully, as they mature, they realize it's actually not a good thing to be "that guy". That acting 11 is not flattering.

(and I work with Turkish soccer fans...on the grand scale of things, we're small potatoes)

It's a hockey related problem. That part of it is certainly unique to our city. Of course, in the grand scheme of things this is small potatoes compared to the social problems that beset most cities this size in North America. But this is a hockey forum; an ideal platform, I should think for us local folks address this thing in an honest way for once instead of burying our heads in the sand and pretending we don't have a hockey buffoonery (hooliganism is too strong a word) problem.

Frankly I find buffoonery far more offensive than hooliganism.

Archived