The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

CA I completely respect your opinions but I have to politely disagree with you on this one. These acts are idiotic but you are lumping the entire fanbase of the Canucks into a category for things that were perpetrated by individuals.

Yes the vandalizing of a church is wrong - but it's wrong under any circumstances - falls more into hate crime IMO and it's not like vandalizing is legal in Vancouver.

Yes throwing stuff at an elderly couple is wrong - but again it's wrong under any circumstances

Yes that drunk idiot was wrong for antagonizing Lucic - but that's again wrong whenever it happens.

My point to all this is that these things happen and not just to NHL players and not just in Vancouver. I have a lot of friends that are Canuck fans and not a single one of them would ever do these kinds of things for any reason.

Blaming an entire demographic because of what individuals do is ignorant at best. These people doing these things do so for more reasons than being Canucks fans, perhaps they feel this gives them an excuse to break the law, but my guess is these people would be doing things like this even if there wasn't hockey to give them that excuse.

Without a doubt, the most sensible statement on the matter

Lucic was just getting ragged on because he is Milan Lucic the hockey player. The guy hit him for no reason. Lucic is not stupid to go out looking for a fights, he has no reason to. He has is life set for him.

Feel bad for him honestly, we may not like him on the ice. But he is a still from here and just a person like everyone else.

So I guess the next time Kassian plays in Edmonton he should just hide in his hotel room, eh?

he probably should just stay in the hotel just to be safe. no need to provoke anything by showing up in areas where hundreds of your rival fans congregate after the game. give me a 700k a year and I will gladly sit in a hotel room after every game and behave exactly how my coach wants me to behave, ie. not get drunk and hang out on granville street in the middle of the night after getting destroyed on the ice the night before.

So I guess the next time Kassian plays in Edmonton he should just hide in his hotel room, eh?

Maybe just not go to stoopid bars right after a game. How many Vancouverites can spot Lucic out of a crowd when they couldn't do the same with Hamuis or Hansen or Edler?

Lucic has a target painted on his back and it's not just because he is a Bruin.

Let's face facts, most Canadian people's entire identity is their hockey team. Thus when their team loses as the Canadian teams have done for the last 20 years it's a major blow to the psyche.

Will probably be another 20 years before one of our teams wins a Cup i'd say, i mean look at our options.

Us - no way we win the west.

Calgary - major rebuild and can't get anyone to play there

Edmonton - Young talent but still a mess

Winnipeg - Like any top tier player is going to sign there if they have real choices.

Toronto - 50 years and counting.

Montreal - High taxes & the desire for all things French keeps lots of quality people away.

I think we are the best hope for Canada winning a cup, but it's going to be a full cycle rebuild away b/c other teams in the west are so far ahead of us.

Then we will be known by classless fans because of the actions of a few and your fine with that? I guess you must be one of them. If I played on a hockey team on the other side of the continent for 8 months plus playoffs I would take every opportunity at seeing my family and friends because I wouldn't see them as much as any other regular person does...

lol if you haven't figured it out yet fans from the other teams already have labelled us that and it doesn't bother me one bit because it shows how smart they are placing every canucks fan because of 1% of those idiotic fans. I do feel bad for Lucic but he's a big boy he should handle himself and other side of the continent I didn't know Lucic was from Asia... also what player goes to a club after a big loss...

I'm glad he's not coming back to downtown Vancouver. I wouldn't either, which is why I left here years ago. Been a classless city for a while now and it has no signs of changing. I have all the respect in the world for Lucic and am yet again embarrassed by this fanbase. Not surprising.

I made no comment on Milan's judgement although I can sympathize with him wanting to see his own city (just not his taste in clubs, why Roxy?). My main point was directed towards the fans who took this chance to relive some of the pain and anger from 2011.

It is the way it is, the guy was a douche, Milan made some questionable decisions. That's all there is to it. And then the fans on this board jump meekly towards that drunk guy's defense bringing up 2011 and all sorts of on ice incidents as if all that made a difference in this case, it's an incredible inferiority complex. Just let it go. No need to excuse it or explain it in any way.

I know. What's the deal with the Roxy anyway. Never understood it's popularity.

Live like a douche, die like a douche.

Anyone think this would happen to Datsyuk? Doesn't make it right but common, have some sense Lucic. I can't imagine Kass would have an easy time in a bar in Boston if they knew who he was and he doesn't even have a history with the Bruins.

1. Datsyuk is not from Vancouver

2. Kassian is not from Boston

3. Lucic is from Vancouver

4. Vancouver is Lucic's home town

Lucic should be able to go out in his own hometown. The Roxy probably wasn't the best choice, but hey, people do go there. Hockey is a passionate sport, but the hate should be left in the arena/on the ice. The dude was clearly a hockey fan (and most likely a Canucks fan), given the fact he knows who Lucic is, knows he plays for Boston, and is engulfed in this rivalry. A casual fan would probably care less. Therefore it is safe to assume that the person in question targeted Lucic just to try and start something.

Honestly, aside from Kesler and Burrows, i seriously doubt a Boston fan would know who Kassian is anyways.

Archived