The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

So I guess the next time Kassian plays in Edmonton he should just hide in his hotel room, eh?

Fist off Kassian was taunting a player and not the fans. I don't condone either but they are not the same thing.

Second, if we had a player do a Marchand like stupid manouver to the crowd and then Kassian was stupid enough to go get drunk in a stupid area of Edmonton, I wouldn;t be sympathetic.

1. Datsyuk is not from Vancouver

2. Kassian is not from Boston

3. Lucic is from Vancouver

4. Vancouver is Lucic's home town

Lucic should be able to go out in his own hometown. The Roxy probably wasn't the best choice, but hey, people do go there. Hockey is a passionate sport, but the hate should be left in the arena/on the ice. The dude was clearly a hockey fan (and most likely a Canucks fan), given the fact he knows who Lucic is, knows he plays for Boston, and is engulfed in this rivalry. A casual fan would probably care less. Therefore it is safe to assume that the person in question targeted Lucic just to try and start something.

Honestly, aside from Kesler and Burrows, i seriously doubt a Boston fan would know who Kassian is anyways.

Ya think Lucic would get similar treatment (or worse) in Boston if he played for the Canuck's instead of the Bruin's? You bet he would.

Where does the noble Mussolini achieve anonymity when he wants to party? Papua New Guinea? :bigblush:

When you're as beloved as me, you can host a bunga-bunga party in the Vatican without fear of any altercations.

On topic: As shocked as I am to see you posting North of the Off-Topic forum I do agree with what you are saying. I make no excuses for the "tough guy" who is going to provoke a professional athlete and I hope Lucic does pursue charges against the idiot if he was assaulted.

Still, I also hope Lucic's "I'm done defending this city" was made in the heat of the moment.. he has to know there are idiots everywhere (this is far from the first altercation to happen on Granville) and like everyone else he needs to work with the establishment's staff to diffuse situations instead of somehow ending up outside threatening to kill someone.

Unfairly he has a target on him for being an NHL player but I'd be surprised if the guy going after him was much of a fan - more likely an angsty coward who picked the most recognizable target.

Remind me again about the last time a Canuck player was attacked while in a club on the road. First his grandparents, then his church now this. Guess it was just the work of more of those "anarchists and terrorists" since we all know that no Canuck fan would ever do this...

I wonder if Lucic made sure to attend his church Sunday morning. If he did, I hope he brushed his teeth, changed the beer stained cloths and washed his foul mouth out with soap.

I think it's really sad that Lucic cannot go out in his own city, and that his parents are harassed, and his church vandalized! However - he brought most of it on himself !

During the final - It was the BC born players dissing us - Lucic and Recchi along with the rest of Canada - egged on by the losers at CBC! - And Lucic's idiot girlfriend was tweeting hate at the city and fans. Is he stupid enough to think all is forgiven Stay in Boston, Milan, they're more your style!

I bet there are thousands of these type of "altercations" per year in North America between drunk athletes and fans. This one is news because the athlete is whining, he's part the most sanctimonious organization in all of sport and the media enjoys ripping Vancouver. Get over it.

Get over it?

We are pretty much saying the same thing. I am telling people to get over it because it's really not a big deal and our city is so heightened by our image.

this is pretty pathetic. we're talking about an athlete for god sake. nothing he has done has ACTUALLY effected any of you in any way. i'm glad to see there are posters that are making sense and seem to be able to step back from the game for a moment. cause thats all this is; a game. people are making a home town boy feel disgraced for no reason. he isn't marchand or thornton. and if you look only marchand has actually done something to this team to cause his own hate! (and perpetuated it by fueling the fans at this weekends game) hockey's physical nature can cause animosity (see me yelling at my tv when marchand table topped sami salo) but people realllllly need to step back sometimes.

Ya think Lucic would get similar treatment (or worse) in Boston if he played for the Canuck's instead of the Bruin's? You bet he would.

But that is not the point. The point is this is Lucic's hometown. And regardless of team, he should be able to go out in his own hometown. His family should not feel threatened. It's pathetic to be honest

But that is not the point. The point is this is Lucic's hometown. And regardless of team, he should be able to go out in his own hometown. His family should not feel threatened. It's pathetic to be honest

One drunk athlete vs a drunk 'fan' after a game that many took as a SCF rematch? And at the Roxy to boot. What's surprising? His family/church is another matter AFAIC. Not cool at all.

Bad apples shouldn't spoil the whole bunch. Basing the reputation of a whole city on a few idiots is pointless. Lucic should be able to differentiate.

You can't keep pretending that the people perpetrating this stuff "aren't real Canucks fans" or represents some miniscule portion of the Canucks fan base. Read enough comments on CDC and you'll realize that a pretty significant number of Canucks fans think it is perfectly fine to injure and harass opposing players, inside or outside the rink. These kind of incidents give the whole city a black eye, and for good reason.

I'm not done defending this city or this team, but I am certainly done defending its fans.

oh no...... don't you know who you are? saw the video and i saw a hockey player yelling "don't you know who i am" yeah an ego maniac A hole thats who, tim thomas trained you well.

I think he was probably warning him. This is Milan Lucic we're talking about here.

Lucic could've kicked his a** if he wanted to.

It's incredible how sour people still are about the finals and what went down in terms of dirty plays.

Lucic is a hometown boy and should be treated with respect as long as he treats others with respect.

Archived