The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

You can't keep pretending that the people perpetrating this stuff "aren't real Canucks fans" or represents some miniscule portion of the Canucks fan base. Read enough comments on CDC and you'll realize that a pretty significant number of Canucks fans think it is perfectly fine to injure and harass opposing players, inside or outside the rink. These kind of incidents give the whole city a black eye, and for good reason.

I'm not done defending this city or this team, but I am certainly done defending its fans.

you have to learn to take the internet with a grain of salt. Having said that, there are a few a-holes everywhere.

I find it interesting that everyone just assumes the guy is a Canucks fan giving Vancouver a bad name ect. what's to say it isn't some ignorant leafs fan visiting from Toronto or a Hawks fan trying to rub in last year? Just because it happened in Vancouver doesn't necessarily mean it was a Canucks fan.

The scenario you suggested is possible, but I think it's a reasonable assumption to make that this was a Canucks fan, considering it was in downtown Vancouver, after a Canucks vs Bruins game where the Canucks absolutely kicked the Bruins' ass, and the hatred shown towards Boston by the fans.

Still though, there's no reason for the average Canucks fan to feel ashamed or embarassed by this. I had nothing to do with this, you had nothing to do with this, none of my friends had anything to do with this. I don't feel bad about something that was out of my control.

Btw can't decide if this guy had massive balls for trying to pick a fight with one of the toughest guys in the NHL, or if he only did it because he suspected that Lucic would probably not fight back due to his status as an NHL player.

What;s interesting is other Vancouver boys have never inspired the hate that Lucic gets! I seem to remember Joe Sakic getting a standing O! - But then Burnaby Joe never dissed his home city while playing against them - that's cos Joe had class!

You can't keep pretending that the people perpetrating this stuff "aren't real Canucks fans" or represents some miniscule portion of the Canucks fan base. Read enough comments on CDC and you'll realize that a pretty significant number of Canucks fans think it is perfectly fine to injure and harass opposing players, inside or outside the rink. These kind of incidents give the whole city a black eye, and for good reason.

I'm not done defending this city or this team, but I am certainly done defending its fans.

Internet trolling does not amount to real life trolling.

:lol: yah those CDC internet tough guys represent the majority of this fanbase. CDC is rotting your brain.

I'd be less inclined to think that the majority of the fan base are immature kids lacking any respect if they looked at this situation as an isolated incident, said "What an asshole that drunk guy punching him is" and then moved on to worrying about the next game.

Instead, there is a herd like mentality defending this kind of stupid behaviour, excusing it because "What do you expect? He's a Bruin clubbing here after a loss!". It deflects any kind of responsibility the perpetrator had because of who Lucic is, implying us fans just cannot control our rage about something so mundane (yes, hockey is mundane get over it). I don't care if it's expected, the moment you start letting it slide because its expected is when you deserve to be bunched in with these idiots.

What a loss for this city. This is a hometown kid..

First point, I am not certain if we've seen the same video of the incident. The one posted in this thread, does not show any punches being thrown. All it shows it 2 belligerent men who are most likely intoxicated exchanging tough talk. Until one of them (Lucic) threatens to kill the other. So why should the "immature kids" here who according to you "lack respect" jump to the same unfounded conclusion that you have?

All I see is one man who is most likely intoxicated in public claiming he was struck three times. The police are present. Was there a police report filed? Do you have access to it?

Have you seen a video of this incident where punches were thrown? Sure sounds like you have.

Second point, I am unclear how you determined who the "perpetrator" was? Is it simply because one guy claimed the other one was with no supporting evidence?

I saw him out in public this summer in tsawwassen and contrary to the sentiment expressed in this thread, his life wasnt being threated by everyone in town.

Yeah I saw him as well. He's a God in South Delta and he spends a lot of time in and around the Ladner Leisure Centre and South Delta Rec Centre talking to as well as skating and working out with local kids.

Archived