The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Northern Gateway Pipeline KILLED

Warhippy

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/alberta-clipper-pipeline-restarted-after-oil-spill-south-of-regina

"Enbridge Inc. says it has restarted the Alberta Clipper pipeline after is it was shut down briefly due to an oil spill in southern Saskatchewan.

The leak happened at the Rowatt Station just south of Regina on Saturday just before 11 a.m. CST.

It's estimated that about 125 barrels were released from the pumping station.

The shut-down pipeline usually produces about 449, 000 barrels per day.

The company said most of the crude oil was contained to the grounds of Rowatt Station, but high winds sprayed some of the oil onto a nearby farm field.

Provincial officials including emergency response crews were notified, Enbridge said.

"There is no impact to the public, wildlife or waterways," the company said in a statement released Saturday.

The cause of the spill has not yet been determined, and is under investigation.

The National Energy Board is also responding to the spill. An emergency response team is at the site to monitor and assess the company's immediate response. "

Enbridge? Seems I know that name from some where?

Funny how quiet this story seems to be in the media

Gas is expensive everywhere I had to pay 1.01 a liter the other day. On a positive note this deal allows the airline I work for to open a base in Vancouver( we deal mainly in oilfield support) and I know a lot of aircraft mechanic friends in Vancouver who will be happy at all the job openings, as well as pilots, dispatchers, rampies, office staff etc. Think of the spin off industries as well. Our YVR base opens in 2014 and the pay for all positions is significantly higher then any companies in YVR pay, and I know a lot of jobless ppl who are aviation by trade who would love a job in there home town rather then in AB, up north or out in Ontario.

lmfao at calling that expensive

What's amazing to me is that people who are against this have no alternative solution to get the oil to Asia.

It is going to get there one way or another.

They just like to complain.

The governments and what have you have come up with 209 conditions before any oil can move down the line.

This might not be the 100% guaranteed no issues whatsoever solution, but it's the best they have right now.

Transporting by vehicle would create far more chances that something goes wrong and more greenhouse gases.

Do I have a better solution? Nope, I'm afraid not.

Am I happy with the current solution? Not really, but I see how it's the best way right now.

I didn't know oil followed a migratory pattern. Does it winter in Asia then?

Until people begin to offer better, cleaner, and cheaper alternative fuels, this is how the world will continue to do business. It's only going to get worse as more and more people in developing nations demand more energy in the form of fossil fuels.

People need to put more effort into finding and demanding alternative sources of cost effective energy. Until we do, the reality is that fossil fuels and the ugly things that come with them are here to stay.

• 4 months later...

It will come as a suprise to most how quickly this is commissioned, but here's something most people down south don't know....they've already been building it for over a year. It was gonna get installed no matter what. Hopefully Christie took more than just a personal payoff :)

Selling out for 3 billion and 300 jobs..whoopty doo.

Lets potentially wreck our environment and the future for our kids for the sake of foreign interest thats just awesome.

I wanna lock Christy Clark in a room and make her watch Avatar 300 times.

It's not approved. This is just the recommendation.

Now they have to deal with First Nations, the environmental people, etc...this is far from being approved.

one of my sisters co workers is part native, like 1/8th

apparently the line will be going thru her old tribes land or something

either way, she's gonna get paid 40k each year for the rest of her like

so im sure lots wont be opposed to it

It will come as a suprise to most how quickly this is commissioned, but here's something most people down south don't know....they've already been building it for over a year. It was gonna get installed no matter what. Hopefully Christie took more than just a personal payoff :)

I'd like to see the kind of house she's living in

corrupt piece of sh**

one of my sisters co workers is part native, like 1/8th

apparently the line will be going thru her old tribes land or something

either way, she's gonna get paid 40k each year for the rest of her like

so im sure lots wont be opposed to it

As far as I know there is only 1 first nation in support of the project. The remaining nations who's land is effected are strictly opposed.

I know the "in" thing to do around here is trash Christy Clark, but I've still yet to see any evidence that she's given approval to the Enbridge Pipeline.

If someone actually has evidence of her doing so, I'd love to see it.

I know the "in" thing to do around here is trash Christy Clark, but I've still yet to see any evidence that she's given approval to the Enbridge Pipeline.

If someone actually has evidence of her doing so, I'd love to see it.

It's not just about Clark. It's about representing the people of this Province. Who have been 3/4 opposed.

Totally ignoring that fact and then shifting the focus on hypotheticals and trying to get a bigger piece of the pie.

http://www.gatewayfacts.ca/five-conditions/

^ The people of BC have said "no". Not "maybe" if you give us more money and have a better disaster plan. This government doesn't reflect that.

It's not just about Clark. It's about representing the people of this Province. Who have been 3/4 opposed.

Totally ignoring that fact and then shifting the focus on hypotheticals and trying to get a bigger piece of the pie.

http://www.gatewayfacts.ca/five-conditions/

^ The people of BC have said "no". Not "maybe" if you give us more money and have a better disaster plan. This government doesn't reflect that.

Take a look at the posts in this thread and tell me that this is what people are complaining about.

Just a few posts up, someone is suggesting a payoff...

Selling out for 3 billion and 300 jobs..whoopty doo.

Lets potentially wreck our environment and the future for our kids for the sake of foreign interest thats just awesome.

I wanna lock Christy Clark in a room and make her watch Avatar 300 times.

Nah, make her watch Ferngully!

Archived