The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Northern Gateway Pipeline KILLED

Warhippy

did anyone really think this wasn't going to get the green light?

enough bitching, just get the thing built already.

Totally not surprising harper is for it, but I still doubt it will get built. The FN's are a massive hurdle and they are pissed. I don't see it happening without some serious shiate going down.

Totally not surprising harper is for it, but I still doubt it will get built. The FN's are a massive hurdle and they are pissed. I don't see it happening without some serious shiate going down.

the FN's are mad because if this didn't go through they had a deal with the Aquilini's for another pipeline. If the government/enbridge pays off the FN Chiefs they'll back off pretty fast

I think there definitely will be confrontations. Maybe not Oka level, but Clayquot for sure.

What I'd really like to know is if the Feds can legally force this through without the province being onboard.

The Clark government in BC is applauding this. They will receive $40 million a yer $1.2 billion over 30 years.

So when can we expect all of our checks to be delivered in the mail?

F U HARPER. Brutal to see it pushed through like that. For a 1 bill and a few hundred jobs. What happens after the first major spill and we lose our salmon, the orcas and rest of sea life in the area? How much is the province going to spend on EI when every fisherman, whale watching and other related industry companies go out of business from it.

All the money invested into this you would think Canada should be more focused on building plants in Alberta to refine our own crude oil instead of shipping it all away

the FN's are mad because if this didn't go through they had a deal with the Aquilini's for another pipeline. If the government/enbridge pays off the FN Chiefs they'll back off pretty fast

As one of probably the few first nations posters on this forum....

No it won't change a dammed thing. We were lied to, misrepresented, offered a pittance and when we asked very clearly that they nice this from sensitive lands they ignored us and then told the media we were on board.

Make no mistake we will indeed have a war in the woods that will make Clayoquat look peaceful.

And id like to ask, what other pipeline exactly did we as a people ok that was being built by a property development group with NO experience building seismic resistant pipelines?

You're talking out of your a5$

I think there definitely will be confrontations. Maybe not Oka level, but Clayquot for sure.

What I'd really like to know is if the Feds can legally force this through without the province being onboard.

No they cannot. The feds need provincial approval and Clark desperately needs to save serious face right now and look like a strong leader by sticking to her 5 conditions more than ever.

And even then if the province says yes (which Clark Inevitably will) to the detriment of everyone with that pittance of an offer for BC, they need first nations approval across the board before it gets built

Convenient too, that the House of Parliament is adjourned for the summer.

I voted conservative my entire life until Harper. He always seemed like a cowardly man unwilling to face anyone.

He has proven that over and over and has repeatedly made huge calls right before the end of sitting or on Fridays or before he goes on long trips add has even prorogued parliament repeatedly to hide.

This is no shock. He is the most cowardly unethical and venal leader this country has ever had

As one of probably the few first nations posters on this forum....

No it won't change a dammed thing. We were lied to, misrepresented, offered a pittance and when we asked very clearly that they nice this from sensitive lands they ignored us and then told the media we were on board.

Make no mistake we will indeed have a war in the woods that will make Clayoquat look peaceful.

And id like to ask, what other pipeline exactly did we as a people ok that was being built by a property development group with NO experience building seismic resistant pipelines?

You're talking out of your a5$

lol yeah ok buddy, keep making crap up. they were against the Enbridge one but they were in favour of this one. THey arre hypocrites and are only angry because the Enbridge pipeline doesn't line their pockets

Eagle Spirit Energy partnered with the Aquilinis for this one, Eagle Spirit Energy is a first nations organization

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/First+Nations+Aquilini+pipeline+plan+gets+lukewarm+response+from+opponents/9742136/story.html

should be building a massive refinery too. is that happening?

Of course not, we're shipping it in raw form and letting the Chinese/Whoever refine it themselves. It's not like we need the jobs here in Canada or anything. Not to mention that piping the fuel out West after refining would be easier to clean up in a spill situation. Your logical thinking is exactly what the Conservative party doesn't want you to do. You're supposed to just watch the commercials on TV about how great pipelines are and drink the kool-aid.

Archived