The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Chicago Blackhawks - December 20, 2013

canucktican

The games between these teams haven't had the same intensity over the past couple years. I don't know what's happened but it's just not the same.

I admit they do not have the same intensisty but I kind of find that is because of respect. We went from hating all the hawks to liking a lot of the hawk players. What canuck fan would not want Toews or Kane or Sharp or so on on this team. I think for me that is why the intensity died down a bit is cause we were able to beat them in 2011 and once we did that it felt like we were unbeatable but then the bruins... so maybe that is why people see the bruins as our main rivals now. I do not think we play the bruins enough for them to be our main rivals and if I was going to pick a team that was more of a rival then boston other then chicago it would actually be the sharks.

This is a really important game, we're going against a old rival and one of the best teams in the league. By beating Chicago the others teams will get a message that we're not a team to be taken lightly. The hawks are likely underestimating us, lets show them they're so wrong for doing that! :towel: Go Canucks Go!

This is a really important game, we're going against a old rival and one of the best teams in the league. By beating Chicago the others teams will get a message that we're not a team to be taken lightly. The hawks are likely underestimating us, lets show them they're so wrong for doing that! :towel: Go Canucks Go!

I guarantee the Blackhawks will not underestimate the Canucks.

I think they'd either get blown out for either lack of effort/ simply get outclassed/ Raanta stymies them or it'll be a statement game. Either way, not expecting to win like they did against the Bruins, not even close! Either they lose by a couple goals again or they beat them just like they did the Blues in that ever-so-satisfying fashion!

(Hoping it's the latter!)

They need to do something with the Sedins. Hansen just looks so out of place, and teams know Hansen isn't going to do anything out there and it's costing the Sedins time and space to work together. Say what you want about Burrows struggles this year, at least teams still respect the fact that he can finish a play and have to watch him, which gives the Sedins that extra bit of room.

Right now Dalpe would be an upgrade over Hansen on that line.

Archived