The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who was/is the better back up? Schneider or Lack?

TheRick

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Roberto Luongo. Easily the best backup the Canucks ever had.

If it wasn't for Lu, the Canucks probably wouldn't be the goalie factory they are today. I mean we can take as long as we want to develop our young goalies such as Schneider, Lack, Cannata, Ericksson etc. without having to rush them. This would give us a chance to develop them than trade them for top 10 picks and prospects. Only 2 more years for Lack to develop into a starting goalie. Then we could either trade Luongo or Lack for another top 10 pick. Not a bad strategy by Gillis, since it gives us the option of getting top 10 picks while still being competitive and making the playoffs. Gillis should just keep finding these gem goalies either through draft or FA. Its the perfect asset management.

Now don't get me wrong, Lack has played beyond amazing for us. But Schneider was on a different level completely because of the amount of games he played. Lack is very solid so far though and if he keeps it up he could be as good or better. .

As many others have said, it is simply way too soon to tell with Lack.

I have to give the edge to Schneider for now because he outworked Luongo and took his job from him until he was traded.

I love Eddie and hope he becomes a starter in this league (hopefully not at the cost of Luongo's job/confidence again), but its simply too early to tell.

Still Schneids in my mind. He did more than was backup - he took the spot from Lui.

Lack just might do the same at some point (that's the plan though, so he should).

But in my mind Lui's been the man for all those years. We've just been blessed with two great goalies for a long time now :)

The only comparison that can be reasonably made (and then completely ignored because of the tiny sample) is between what Schneids looked like in his first few games compared to Lack. In that sense I'd say Lack looks mind-blowing for a rookie goaltender who lost a season to a hip injury. We'll see what happens but Lack undoubtedly has the talent to be a huge deal in the league as Sid mentioned.

Lack isn't good enough to be a pimple on schneiders bean bag yet. This post suggests that if it were draft day next year and all the goalies were available and it was our turn we would have a hard time choosing between Schneider and lack. Maybe u and Mg would but every other rational thinking person in the world wouldn't.

Lack isn't good enough to be a pimple on schneiders bean bag yet. This post suggests that if it were draft day next year and all the goalies were available and it was our turn we would have a hard time choosing between Schneider and lack. Maybe u and Mg would but every other rational thinking person in the world wouldn't.

you again ?

still angry about Reimer getting yanked AGAIN the other night ?

Archived