The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth: Hold onto him?

Spotted Zebra

Trade Edler for a first and whatever else you can get and it washes out the salary concerns

Even if we traded Edler for something terrible like you suggested, it doesn't make Booths cap hit good. Just cause we dump cap doesn't mean we want to waste cap on someone who isnt worth it. We should trade or buyout Booth because he will almost certainly never be worth his cap hit.

When he's healthy, he's a strong, fast and hard-nosed player. He's starting to drive to the net again and he fits nicely with Richardson. Keep him as a 3rd liner or package him with someone more prominent. Booth alone won't get much, he's more valuable to the team than just giving him away for what his trade value is by himself.

He shouldn't get anywhere close to our top 6 though

Been wondering if a Schroeder & Booth package for CBJ's Foligno(+ pick?) is doable? He plays a fast, fiesty & decent 2 way game. Good bloodlines.

With Schroeder being waiver eligible, combine that with injuries and very limited NHL experience I'd say he has little trade value right now. Very likely less than Booth whose value is mediocre at best considering his price tag and run of injuries.

LOL; Pronger had a kid with a hot blonde local beat reporter who did the weather, but also interviews in the Oiler dressing room. Prongers wife wasn't so keen on him continuing to "hang out..."

That would certainly explain her hating it there. :lol: Although it just being Edmonton would be enough for me. One trip there and I hope to never be back in this lifetime. Calgary on the other hand I've been to many times and really enjoy the city.

hopefully he keeps this production up.

we can trade him to a team trying to push for that playoff spot like Toronto.

Hopefully get a 1st rounder at the deadline for him.

That's alot to ask but look at what Paul Gaustad got haha.

If we keep him until the summer maybe we can package him along with another player for a top 6 forward.

Heck i'd even trade him for a 2nd rounder in the summer.

GET RID OF HIM WHILE HIS VALUE IS DECENT

hopefully he keeps this production up.

we can trade him to a team trying to push for that playoff spot like Toronto.

Hopefully get a 1st rounder at the deadline for him.

That's alot to ask but look at what Paul Gaustad got haha.

If we keep him until the summer maybe we can package him along with another player for a top 6 forward.

Heck i'd even trade him for a 2nd rounder in the summer.

GET RID OF HIM WHILE HIS VALUE IS DECENT

this is exactly what I thought when I opened this thread

if he keeps playing the same way he would be valuable to a team pushing for a playoff spot

no smart team like Detroit would pick him up but maybe Toronto, Ottawa, Columbus or similar

I've still got a hard on from that goal he scored vs Rask. Still trembling. The guy is good. He'll regain his form... With the cap going up he isn't % 100 going to be bought out.

Should he make less than 4.25 or 4.5 ? Yes. But unless we have a bonifide replacement we shouldn't buy him out.

Stillllllll on that goal vs rask. Bruins , rask... Marchand. .. Lucic and most importantly everyone in Boston is pathetic ! Bruins suck.

Archived