The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Rangers not willing to trade 3 players, rest are available

Because you think Cally is a 3rd line grinder or what? Lol?

One 30 goal, 50 point season.

The rest pretty modest 20 goal, 40 point campaigns.

Even an idiot can see that's not what the Canucks need right now, he's a more physical Chris Higgins.

One 30 goal, 50 point season.

The rest pretty modest 20 goal, 40 point campaigns.

Even an idiot can see that's not what the Canucks need right now, he's a more physical Chris Higgins.

By looking at stats and judging what type of player he is I can tell you have no idea who he is. How often are 'third liners' named captain?

By looking at stats and judging what type of player he is I can tell you have no idea who he is.

Actually I can tell you exactly what type of player he is. A grinder.

I watch him every time the Leafs play the Rags, which is quite a lot more than you watch him I'd be willing to bet.

He's perfect at what he does, I have no intention of discrediting that, but it's pretty obvious he's no goal scorer.

Well, lets not go overboard here. Buffalo said the same thing, along with some other teams earlier this season. Just because they are available doesn't mean they will go all out fire sale.

Girardi is also a UFA a the end of the year, but he's struggling big time. The Canuck's don't need D, but if they do decide to trade one of the top 4, Girardi might be cheap, and Torts may have something to say about it since Torts loves Girardi.

I meant it as any one of those three. And I beg to differ about defensemen. When playoffs come around, you can never have too many defensemen that can play top 4 minutes, especially when injuries arise. Teams like LA have 6 guys that can all play top 4 when called upon.

I meant it as any one of those three. And I beg to differ about defensemen. When playoffs come around, you can never have too many defensemen that can play top 4 minutes, especially when injuries arise. Teams like LA have 6 guys that can all play top 4 when called upon.

LA isn't a great example. They have the best team D in the league. Anyone who knows what to do in their own end is welcome in LA's top 4.

Slats was always a jerk. Merry Christmas to the Rangers from His Smugness.

This could work for us though. Who does Torts wish he still had from the Rangers? Who does AV want from the Canucks? Who don't they want off their new teams?

Santa Claus (GMMG) is clearing room, making lists, checking with Torts, going to find out who is naughty or nice, and maybe, just maybe, getting the last pieces of the Stanley Cup puzzle.

That has nothing to do with what you said. Callahan is not a 3rd liner, He's a 2nd liner.

Not what I meant.

I was exaggerating his role somewhat yes, but that's the type of player he is. I take a sniper/playmaker in my top 6 over a grinder any day of the week.

Archived