The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ondrej Pavelec rips Nail Yakupov for ‘cheap’ elbow

Winnipeg Jets G Ondrej Pavelec rips Edmonton Oilers F Nail Yakupov for cheap elbow:

Winnipeg goalie Ondrej Pavelec is none too pleased about a shot he took from Edmonton’s Nail Yakupov on Monday.

But it’s not the kind of shot you’d think.

Pavelec accused Yakupov of elbowing him in the head during the Oilers’ 6-2 win, in an incident that occurred early in the second period with Edmonton leading 2-1.

“It was cheap,” Pavelec said, per Paul Friesen of the Winnipeg Sun. “Elbow in the face. You can get hurt from that. I had no idea it was coming.”

The Jets were irate with the incident and tensions boiled over with less than four minutes to go in the third period, when Yakupov, Andrew Ladd, Zach Bogosian, Bryan Little and Chris Thorburn combined for over 50 penalty minutes.

“I wasn’t happy that (Yakupov) threw a forearm at our goalie’s head, that was pretty much it,” Ladd told the Sun. “If he wants to do that, he’ll have some stuff to deal with.”

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/27/pavelec-rips-yakupov-for-cheap-elbow-wvideo/

Yakupov is a pu$$y. I've noticed that he is starting to get a little feisty with his play as of late, but he always backs off and lets his teammates defend him when players respond to his antics. Never found anything special about this kid especially after he refused to play defense saying it wasn't his style of game. Pfft. He wouldn't even be top 10 in the 2013 draft with all his demands.

Yakupov is a pu$$y. I've noticed that he is starting to get a little feisty with his play as of late, but he always backs off and lets his teammates defend him when players respond to his antics. Never found anything special about this kid especially after he refused to play defense saying it wasn't his style of game. Pfft. He wouldn't even be top 10 in the 2013 draft with all his demands.

Yup. That's also what Brad Marchands does. Always pulls that type of stuff when Chara is out there. what a puke and a black eye to the game of hockey.

Love how Nail hid behind his teammates when people came to challenge him. He was lucky Ference was watching out for him. Any of the Jets could've rip the guy apart.

They did. Nobody realized what had happened until Pavelec told his teammates in the 2nd intermission, which is why Ladd, Byfuglien and company went after Yak with the game already out of hand in the 3rd Period.

Yup. That's also what Brad Marchands does. Always pulls that type of stuff when Chara is out there. what a puke and a black eye to the game of hockey.

Well Marchand does defend himself but he picks his spots

Archived