The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Dane Fox

cs2016

On his first draft year he was slated to go somewhere between the second and fourth round but for one reason or another he was never taken. I was actually livid at the time that we didn't take a shot at him in the sixth or seventh round. That being said, even now as an overager he still isn't what I would consider to be a gamechanger at the OHL level. Not sure how enthusiastic I am about this signing.

Didn't he have some injury issues, or was that last year?

What people are missing is that he WAS a London Knight and played with Horvat and is now an eerie Otter and plays with Gaunce.

Experience and chemisty count for quite a lot.

Still have a few open spots to make that 50 I wonder if there is another signing or move to be made.

Either way, I agree this is a free signing. Kid looks ok even for an over ager as it was and his sister is indeed kinda hot

What people are missing is that he WAS a London Knight and played with Horvat and is now an eerie Otter and plays with Gaunce.

Experience and chemisty count for quite a lot.

Still have a few open spots to make that 50 I wonder if there is another signing or move to be made.

Either way, I agree this is a free signing. Kid looks ok even for an over ager as it was and his sister is indeed kinda hot

I'd imagine MG will probably save at least one spot to try and grab a college UFA like he seems to try to do every year.

A bit surprised that the Canucks are using up one of their freed up contract spots for an overager. Still, looking forward to seeing how he develops - there must have been something that caught their eye beyond his scoring stats this season. He will hopefully last longer in the organization than Zach Hamill.

It's actually been a trend of Gillis and his scouting staff to like the overages for obvious reason, including drafting. Not a fan of the tactic but we"ll see where this goes.

gm mg out gms everyone sweet love when you get a free prospect sorta like mceneny last yr but this guys ripping up league new sniper woot woot all we need is mcdavid in two yrs the dynasty will be complete sedin sedin shinkaruk

burrows kesler kassian

fox horvat mcdavid

higgins gaunce archibald we could dream cant we bring on the dynasty

That's a sick name...and he's not even that much of an over-ager.....he just had his 20th birthday in October..

Good signing by Gillis, and maybe it's setting up for something bigger??? We now have BOTH of McDavid's linemates in our system

:bigblush:

This is good news. I imagine Fox was signed to replace Hamill, who we lost to Europe. I'm guessing the team will look to the NCAA to replace Polasek, as they seem to be having good luck there with Dmen (Tanev, McNally, Hutton).

Fox clearly has junior figured out, no surprise as he is an overager who (compared to other junior players) has a size advantage. Being unsigned and forced to return to junior for an overage year probably means he is humble, and wouldn't mind spending time in the ECHL if necessary. It is also nice that he already plays with Gaunce, as Gaunce seems like an amazing role model.

It'll be fun to see what he has to offer come training camp next season.

That's a sick name...and he's not even that much of an over-ager.....he just had his 20th birthday in October..

Good signing by Gillis, and maybe it's setting up for something bigger??? We now have BOTH of McDavid's linemates in our system

This is a very good observation. This only means one thing, MG is intent on drafting McDavid.......whatever it takes.

Archived