Sign in to follow this  
Go Go Canucks Go

Dane Fox | LW/C

24 minutes ago, Quantum said:

I hope Fox gets a contract renewal with the Canucks. He deserves to be in the AHL. He may be a late bloomer, but he'll get signed by another team if we don't re-sign him. I don't think the Canucks will re-sign Blomstrand, but I think Fox deserves a shot. I mean, if they're willing to give a contract to Mackenze Stewart, then this guy deserves one too... also Valk deserves a contracct.

I can see Fox and Valk in the AHL next season. Hopefully they're in Utica and not in some other team.

if there's a general expectation of player currently in Utica who will move up to the Canucks then they're going to need replacements in Utica so the likes of Fox and Valk may just get their time on the Comets. One player that maybe does deserve another cntract is Archibald. Nothing flashy...a Cracknell type big kid who is willing to drop the golves when pushed, decent wheels if memory serves me correct

19 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

if there's a general expectation of player currently in Utica who will move up to the Canucks then they're going to need replacements in Utica so the likes of Fox and Valk may just get their time on the Comets. One player that maybe does deserve another cntract is Archibald. Nothing flashy...a Cracknell type big kid who is willing to drop the golves when pushed, decent wheels if memory serves me correct

And hits like a freight train. I have to say we could use some of that. 

He could well become trade bait, in a swap like we did for Pedan, a trade of longshot prospects, or included as a sweetener in a deal.  He has a pretty decent resume behind him at least and has improved his skating, but may not ever get higher than the AHL level..

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I guess you can't say that Archie doesn't deserve a new contract but he's arguably already hit his ceiling and with him it's pretty much you get what you see. It's an eventuality, imo, that he gets dropped from the club.

On Saturday, February 06, 2016 at 0:58 PM, guntrix said:

I guess you can't say that Archie doesn't deserve a new contract but he's arguably already hit his ceiling and with him it's pretty much you get what you see. It's an eventuality, imo, that he gets dropped from the club.

Yeah maybe so but before we can bring in the likes of Stewart as a winger maybe Archibald can get it dome in the short term. I don't see any other propsects that can even come close....certainly Cracknell doesn't hit ot bring a rambunctiousness that seens so lacking on the roster. Who know there may be others in the AHL that can play that role

I honestly believe that the Canucks will likely offer contracts to either Carter Bancks and/or Wacey Hamilton over Archibald, if the Canucks are going to be offering any NHL deals to there AHLers. Bancks and Hamilton seem to be the ones responsible for Gaunce's rise, which bodes well for them.

And I think the chances of a Evan McEneny, Anton Cederholm, and Ludwig Blomstrand being offered as a throw in to a club in a deadline deal to get the contract situation sorted out is more likely then Dane Fox. Dane Fox has the most potential of the four. Though, if Fox is shipped -- it'll likely be in  a deal similar to the Pedan deal where a club takes on Fox because he's buried in depth (when Pedan came to Vancouver, he was splitting time between the AHL and ECHL) and hope they have found a gem and slot him in the AHL for the remainder of the season with the idea of re-signing him and seeing if can flourish. I doubt, though, that this scenario happens with Fox. 

Still, it's surprising that he hasn't been given a chance yet in Utica. I don't really get why Utica keeps signing guys like Brandon Marino, Michael Pereira, and Cam Reid to PTOs over him and Valk. It's weird.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Dane Fox with 4 goals tonight, including the overtime winner.

thats impressive thats like 26 goals this year in 53 games, he got 30 last year in 70, he will probably beat that this year. should get a good long look with utica next year

Glad to see Fox have a big game for the K-wings. Read that he had 10 shots (of the team's 31) to go with his 4 goals, which is just a massive stat line, at any level.

Must be tough for him to watch the Comets fill their open roster spots with other ECHL players on PTOs (albeit veteran ECHL "stars" with multiple seasons of success at that level), rather than them reaching down within their own system to tap guys like Fox for a call up.

Have to wonder if Fox's big night was a bit of a response to Utica yet again signing other ECHL players, instead of giving their own properties a chance to show their stuff at the next level?

looks like his days are numbered as canuck property judging by how many times he has been passed over. If a scoring Shinkaruk in Utica wasnt in our plans a scoring echl Fox definitely wont be by the looks of it.

That's usually how it is when a new management team is in place.... the previous regime's prospects aren't as highly touted anymore.

He's one back of the ECHL lead in goals now. 14th in points. The ECHL definitely seems like more of a black hole for prospects now than it has before in regards to being given a shot at the AHL level. (Grenier, Archibald, Friesen, Cannata, etc). But maybe it is just as simple as a regime thing.

I use to work in Elmira New York. 

I went to countless Jackal games. 

Believe me me when I tell you, ECHL hockey is ghetto. Don't get too optimistic 

11 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

That's usually how it is when a new management team is in place.... the previous regime's prospects aren't as highly touted anymore.

Fox was an overager free agent we signed. He was never highly touted by anyone.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Winter Soldier said:

Fox was an overager free agent we signed. He was never highly touted by anyone.

I remember when fans were very high on him. scored 64 goals in the OHL, no? he's a free addition to the club at no loss. so win win in my books. if he turns out. great. maybe he's one of those guys who just blossoms later. he's still young I suppose. 

I just hope he gets a look in Utica soon. He's worked pretty hard in Kzoo from what I understand.

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

I remember when fans were very high on him. scored 64 goals in the OHL, no? he's a free addition to the club at no loss. so win win in my books. if he turns out. great. maybe he's one of those guys who just blossoms later. he's still young I suppose. 

Playing on a team with McDavid

9 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I use to work in Elmira New York. 

I went to countless Jackal games. 

Believe me me when I tell you, ECHL hockey is ghetto. Don't get too optimistic 

The only promising prospects that ever head to the ECHL are goalie prospects. 

7 hours ago, Spotted Zebra said:

Playing on a team with McDavid

yep. but people were still excited to have gained a prospect with no loss. he was a free add. like I said. if he turns out to be a decent NHL pro. great. if not. no major loss to the team. see how things go for him next season. hope he gets some AHL time. 

14 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

yep. but people were still excited to have gained a prospect with no loss. he was a free add. like I said. if he turns out to be a decent NHL pro. great. if not. no major loss to the team. see how things go for him next season. hope he gets some AHL time. 

well if we have 3 prospects pushing for nhl spots with gaunce grenier and Z then maybe he gets a chance at camp. but could land a ahl deal with another club if we chose to not retain his rights, which sounds unlikely but you never know. He is young still worth keeping around for at least 1 more year