The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dane Fox | LW/C

Go Go Canucks Go

One thing we aren't realizing is Dane Fox isn't just some overager having a solid season. He is having a season that is historically significant for the league.

Right now he is on pace for 77 goals, which would put him 5th all time, ahead of Ciccarelli, Gilmour and Gretzky. It has been close to 30 years since an OHL player has had over 70 goals in a season.

I believe Tavares scored 72 goals as a 16 year old...

I believe Tavares scored 72 goals as a 16 year old...

Yes, yes he did.

Unbelievable to think a 16 year old could score that many. That's why he went 1st overall though.

Regardless, you don't see many players score over 70 anymore. That's mostly because the players that could score that amount are typically playing in the NHL at 18-19.

GM out GMing the field again.

but seriously, i really like this pick up for Vancouver. It is not that he has to go onto become a star, it is the fact that the staff of the canucks came away with a coveted prospect when other teams were going for him - that has not happened in a long time.

I bet that if Doan and Weber actually wanted to leave their markets, they would have come here. Doan wanted to stay where he was comfortable, and Weber wanted gauranteed money so he turned down signing the offer sheet of 1 yr 1 mill with a 14 mill siging bonus. If Nashville signed then he was a UFA and could sign with the canucks the next year. He just wanted the 100 mill and to waste the rest of his career on a team that will never go anywhere.

Hard not to have expectations for a kid with 50 goals in 40 games

Trouble is he's an over age player so the stats are a little misleading remember the stats Mallet put up in his last year of junior as an over age player and what he's doing now. He put up 81 points in 68 games and went from there to the ECHL and scored 10+19 in 44 games at that was the ECHL,,,Kalamazoo.

I think the Canucks have signed him because maybe there's more to his game than scoring as an over age player.

Makes me wonder what would happen if there was indeed a trade that saw us bringing back from the Isles Strome DeHaan or Reinhart or Mantha/Nyquist from Detroit exactly what this team would look like in a few years.

Fox is looking like a significant steal right now

Someone tweet him back tell him to skip the draft and just sign with the Canucks

Do you have to opt into the draft? What are the logistics around this? I'm not daft, I know it's not happening but that did make me curious as to what that would look like..

Archived