The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dane Fox | LW/C

Go Go Canucks Go

http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=700430

Interesting. Apparently Fox's family and Horvat's families are pretty close.

Sounds from that like Gaunce may also have played a role in talking him into signing with us. Those two are going to come up through the system together, and join Horvat on the big club, hopefully sooner than later. Can't help liking that these friendships already exist.

Wow, that's nifty. Having three prospects with connections is kinda neat. Fox and Gaunce will likely transition to the AHL next year which will be great for the team and it's depth. I'd like to see Horvat play with them too, but he's too young so it's either NHL or junior again.

I know he's an overrager, but his play has been very encouraging. It's been a while since we've had a prospect like this in the system.

Haha, that's cool that they're all buddies. Maybe Gaunce and Horvat sold Fox on the prospects tournament and dominating the tournament together. Just imagine the tournament roster:

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Fox

Gaunce - Cassels - Kenins?

I think fox might hit double digits in the 4 games with this group.

Cant next year, Shinkaruk Fox and Gaunce all play for Utica? Plus Kenins?

There top 6 could get a big boost and would be great for development.

Defazio-Pelletier-Grenier

Shinkaruk-Gaunce-Fox

Jensen-Cal O Reilly-Kenins

Archibald-Lain-Mallet

Something roughly along these lines would be pretty nice for Utica and their development

Considering the fact he's on pace for 30 more goals than Caputi, and nine more than Stammer, I'd say he's got a better chance of producing at the NHL level than Caputi.

I still believe it's a longshot that he's in the NHL, but man oh man is this interesting.

A player who can score at that pace in the OHL can never be considered a long shot...why no one signed him I have no idea but you can't teach finish, you can improve skating, you can improve size, you can improve defensive play.

when you are scoring like that, its elite level skill, and given people will key on you as you get 20 goals in early in the season it says alot about his ability to find spots etc...

i have never seen him play but my guess is given his pace, he is not only accurate but he must have an unbelievable release...i am really looking forward to see how this kid develops

A player who can score at that pace in the OHL can never be considered a long shot...why no one signed him I have no idea but you can't teach finish, you can improve skating, you can improve size, you can improve defensive play.

when you are scoring like that, its elite level skill, and given people will key on you as you get 20 goals in early in the season it says alot about his ability to find spots etc...

i have never seen him play but my guess is given his pace, he is not only accurate but he must have an unbelievable release...i am really looking forward to see how this kid develops

I watched a highlight reel of all his goals this yearso far. Damn near half of them were one timers.

Archived