The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dane Fox | LW/C

Go Go Canucks Go

Normally overage guys who kill it in the CHL are not worth the pick up. A 19 year old going on 20 should simply be so physically mature in comparison to the 16 and 17 years olds...

But Fox was pretty good in even his sophomore year in London. Stuff got derailed which deflected from anything that would get him drafted during his draft year.

Lacking upper end athleticism, Fox has no shortage of skills. He also plays a willing / engaged game. He's a chance I reckon!

Canuck Surfer;

Learning to be a pro might really help this kid. The environment in Utica might make the dif as it is a big change from the OHL. I really feel that the Gillis legacy will be the purchase of the AHL franchise.

I know everyone is exciting about his stats. It defines a real goal scorer and I'm excited too but he is an overager and playing on a team with McDavid, Burakovsky, Gaunce, Brown. All I'm saying is let's keep the expectations down and see if he can produce half as good at the AHL level.

I know everyone is exciting about his stats. It defines a real goal scorer and I'm excited too but he is an overager and playing on a team with McDavid, Burakovsky, Gaunce, Brown. All I'm saying is let's keep the expectations down and see if he can produce half as good at the AHL level.

Fox has been ~ PPG player for the past 4 seasons its not like he wasn't good before he just never got a chance

Fox has been ~ PPG player for the past 4 seasons its not like he wasn't good before he just never got a chance

To add to that he really only had the equivalent of just under two and a half season to develop, before his overage breakout season. 64 goals is impressive at this level of hockey regardless of age and team mates. He has potential and he also has the attributes that make an excellent bottom six role player. I call Fox a dark-horse to make the Canucks this year or next and be a serviceable player up and down the line-up.

Didn't look at those years, wow. He didn't have many games played though maybe that's why he got passed over many drafts. I guess there's something to look forward.

I have low expectations for him, this way I will be easily pleased by him!

This is exactly what I am doing with Fox as well. Its funny cause with all our other prospects I tend to imagine them all maxing out their potential no problem (in my daydreams) but with fox I always temper my expectations and imagine him not working out so that I can be pumped at any and all progress he makes.

Archived