The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dane Fox | LW/C

Go Go Canucks Go

Ryan Stanton, Tyler Johnson and Torey Krug as well.

Greg Adams, Geoff Courtnall, Jason Garrison, Sergei Bobrovsky, Jonas Hiller, Nick Backstrom, Joel Ward, Rich Peverly, Teddy Purcell, Matt Read, Andy Greene, Victor Fasth, Rene Bourque, Tyler Bozak, Cam Talbot, Pascal Dupuis, Mark Giordano, Ben Scrivens, Chris Kunitz, Marty St Louis, Derpid Clarkson, Dan Boyle, Dustin Penner, Dan Girardi, Antti Niemi, CuJo, Curtis Glencross, Josh Gorges, David Desharnais, Sean Avery

Greg Adams, Geoff Courtnall, Jason Garrison, Sergei Bobrovsky, Jonas Hiller, Nick Backstrom, Joel Ward, Rich Peverly, Teddy Purcell, Matt Read, Andy Greene, Victor Fasth, Rene Bourque, Tyler Bozak, Cam Talbot, Pascal Dupuis, Mark Giordano, Ben Scrivens, Chris Kunitz, Marty St Louis, Derpid Clarkson, Dan Boyle, Dustin Penner, Dan Girardi, Antti Niemi, CuJo, Curtis Glencross, Josh Gorges, David Desharnais, Sean Avery

If Fox turns out like Avery, I want him GONE.

I don't understand all the doubters. If Gaunce was putting up these numbers, posters on here would be creaming all over their keyboards. I think this is a huge steal, and I am so happy he is Canuck property, and not some other team's. If he was on the team, I bet he would have scored in the shoot out tonight

I don't understand all the doubters. If Gaunce was putting up these numbers, posters on here would be creaming all over their keyboards. I think this is a huge steal, and I am so happy he is Canuck property, and not some other team's. If he was on the team, I bet he would have scored in the shoot out tonight

Oh bro, it's a risk free move, that costed us absolutely nothing. I'm just being realistic here. If you actually took the time and looked at his previous stats, he's barley a point per game guy. 6'0 tall 185 lbs, pretty good speed, hes not even known for his skills. It's not even a comparison at this point between him and Gaunce.

If Fox turns out like Avery, I want him GONE.

check it out

YH: Who is your favourite NHL player (past or present)?

Dane Fox: David Bolland

YH: Is there an NHL player you say you model your game after?

DF: I try to play like Steve Ott or David Bolland, especially Bolland because he can play different roles as either a shutdown player or top-line scorer, accepting whatever role he’s called upon to play.

http://www.cksn.ca/2013/12/one-timer-with-dane-fox-what-does-the-fox-say/

If you look at how many 50 goal scorers the OHL has each year, there aren't many and almost all of them are pretty decent players now.

There are exceptions like.

Caputi

Parnham

Cameron

A lot of the guys who don't make it are undersized 5'9 5'10. So they struggle at the next level.

Fox has decent size and could put up 60 goals this year, playing on a very good team, against some weaker goaltending after new CHL rules about imports. Any way you slice it though, he is still going to be our most offensively dominant CHL prospect in a quite some time.

The shorty Gaunce scored was on a perfectly executed 2 on 1 with Fox, and I hope that chemistry continues to grow and blossom into a great tandem!

Are Gaunce and Fox McDavid's linemates?

Yes sir

No ma'am. Gaunce and McDavid do not play together. From what I understand Fox has been playing with Gaunce, but had been playing with McDavid (and Brown) prior to the trade.

What you should take from this is Fox, McDavid and Gaunce do not all play on the same line.

Well like Marchand, Bolland has cleaned his act up quite a bit but...as a role model...Bolland?...really?

I just hope he doesn't flap at the mouth to bad, we are just getting over a bad reputation for that sort of thing.

Bolland is a hell of a good player; perfectly fine with a guy modeling his game after a bolland type.

Love the goal highlights. Watch carefully...it is his shot that makes Fox deadly. Listen to the commentators in the highlights and they comment numerous times about how deadly and accurate his shot is and quote Gaunce saying the same. That is why he has over 40 goals already. Like the PP highlights that show him unleash that one timer...and he can even score on breakaways. Heck, Canucks could use him now on the PP with that shot on the PP and in the shootout with how anemic those two parts of the game are for the Nucks, ha. This guy reminds me of Brett Hull - massive deadly accurate one timer but wasn't the best skater in the world...got Hull a few points in the NHL. Some guys like Hull naturally have an ability to shoot that deadly accurate one timer and it looks like Fox has that natural ability. This is a no brainer signing after watching these goals. Can't believe this guy was left unsigned.

Archived