The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dane Fox | LW/C

Go Go Canucks Go

Don't get too hyped up about him, his own coach says that he projects as a third liner at the NHL level, albeit one who gets powerplay time.

Why wouldn't you get hyped about a third liner who gets 2nd unit pp? We got this guy for free and if he becomes a third liner for us, that's amazing.

Dave Bolland, Nikolai Kulemin, Lars Eller, Dan Cleary, etc. All guys that are third liners.

Why wouldn't you get hyped about a third liner who gets 2nd unit pp? We got this guy for free and if he becomes a third liner for us, that's amazing.

Dave Bolland, Nikolai Kulemin, Lars Eller, Dan Cleary, etc. All guys that are third liners.

Yes, definitely, get hyped up on him as far as that goes... But you know CDC, they see 80 goals and leading the league in scoring and they expect 1st/2nd line player.

Fox is our replacement for both the Sedins and that's that. Period.

To be quite honest with you, that's a pretty unrealistic expectation. I doubt any of our prospects now can ever replace the Sedins. The Sedins scored over a 90 pts. in their prime playing in the NHL. Although it'd be nice to have Dane Fox score over 90 pts. a season for the Canucks, I highly doubt he could ever replace their production. Dane Fox is great but I don't even see Shinkaruk who has a higher ceiling than Fox to replace the Sedins.

To be quite honest with you, that's a pretty unrealistic expectation. I doubt any of our prospects now can ever replace the Sedins. The Sedins scored over a 90 pts. in their prime playing in the NHL. Although it'd be nice to have Dane Fox score over 90 pts. a season for the Canucks, I highly doubt he could ever replace their production. Dane Fox is great but I don't even see Shinkaruk who has a higher ceiling than Fox to replace the Sedins.

Whoosh.

Archived