Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex the Great

[Injury] Seidenberg to Miss the Rest of the Season

17 posts in this topic

"@NHLBruins: Seidenberg to miss the rest of season w/ a torn ACL/MCL; B's recall Trotman on an emerg. basis & assign Svedberg: http://t.co/wRyXF3Qnno ^BB"

"@NHLBruins: Dennis Seidenberg's expected recovery time for the ACL/MCL tear in his right knee is six to eight months ^BB"

BOSTON, MA – Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, December 28, that defenseman Dennis Seidenberg will miss the remainder of the 2013-14 season with a torn ACL/MCL in his right knee. The expected recovery time for Seidenberg is 6-8 months.

The injury occurred during the third period of the Bruins/Senators game on Friday, December 27.

Chiarelli also announced that the team has recalled defenseman Zach Trotman from Providence on an emergency basis and assigned goaltender Niklas Svedberg to Providence. Trotman will join the team in Ottawa Saturday and be eligible to play in Saturday night's game.

Trotman has skated in 22 games for Providence this season, tallying one goal and six assists with a plus-11 rating

In total, 23-year-old blueliner has appeared in 70 AHL games since joining the P-Bruins in the 2011-12 season, amassing four goals and 22 assists. Trotman also skated in four playoff games with the Providence Bruins during the 2012-13 AHL postseason.

Prior to joining Providence, Trotman played three seasons at Lake Superior State University (2009-12) where he racked up 19 goals and 20 assists in 114 games.

This marks Trotman's first NHL recall.

The 6'3", 219-pound defenseman hails from Noblesville, Indiana and was drafted by Boston in the seventh round (210th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.

Dennis Seidenberg is a veteran of 615 NHL games with the Flyers, Coyotes, Hurricanes, Panthers and Bruins. This season he skated in 34 games for Boston and tallied one goal and nine assists.

The Bruins acquired Seidenberg from Florida with Matt Bartkowski on March 3, 2010, for Craig Weller, Byron Bitz and a 2010 second round pick.

Svedberg served as the team's backup goalie on Friday, December 27 after earning his first career regular season recall earlier that day.

TRANSACTION: Bruins recall Zach Trotman from Providence on an emergency basis, assign Niklas Svedberg to Providence.

I swear I feel really horrible for Boston...

I feel sorry for Seidenberg. I don't feel sorry for Boston.

Is it just me or are there more long-term injuries taking place this season than in the past?

I wonder which team will suffer more - Pittsburgh without Dupuis or Boston without Seidenberg

Is it just me or are there more long-term injuries taking place this season than in the past?

I wonder which team will suffer more - Pittsburgh without Dupuis or Boston without Seidenberg

It sure seems so. Perhaps the compressed schedule of last year post lockout and then this year with the Olympics factored in (as well as an increase in questionable hits) is catching up with the players.

As for your question, I'm going with Boston without Seidenberg. They've got some skilled defencemen but a few of their younger guys aren't that strong in their own end and Chara, as good as he is, is only one man. Dupuis is a loss for Pittsburgh, but they've got the depth and top end talent to spread around and compensate better.

Too bad. I like Seids. Tougher than most Canucks for sure.

What a huge blow to them.

That Chara Seidenberg pairing is the best shutdown pair in the league.

Unfortunate. Seidenberg is one of the most under-appreciated dman in the entire league. Guy does it all and plays stellar style of hockey.

From the Bruins, him and Bergeron are basically the only players I respect and I hope he can recover from this and keep on playing at the level he does.

Expected he’ll need 6-8 months to recover? Wow, definitely a huge blow to the team.

Chara isn't playing tonight either.

"@NHLBruins: Seidenberg to miss the rest of season w/ a torn ACL/MCL; B's recall Trotman on an emerg. basis & assign Svedberg: http://t.co/wRyXF3Qnno ^BB"

"@NHLBruins: Dennis Seidenberg's expected recovery time for the ACL/MCL tear in his right knee is six to eight months ^BB"

BOSTON, MA – Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, December 28, that defenseman Dennis Seidenberg will miss the remainder of the 2013-14 season with a torn ACL/MCL in his right knee. The expected recovery time for Seidenberg is 6-8 months.

The injury occurred during the third period of the Bruins/Senators game on Friday, December 27.

Chiarelli also announced that the team has recalled defenseman Zach Trotman from Providence on an emergency basis and assigned goaltender Niklas Svedberg to Providence. Trotman will join the team in Ottawa Saturday and be eligible to play in Saturday night's game.

Trotman has skated in 22 games for Providence this season, tallying one goal and six assists with a plus-11 rating

In total, 23-year-old blueliner has appeared in 70 AHL games since joining the P-Bruins in the 2011-12 season, amassing four goals and 22 assists. Trotman also skated in four playoff games with the Providence Bruins during the 2012-13 AHL postseason.

Prior to joining Providence, Trotman played three seasons at Lake Superior State University (2009-12) where he racked up 19 goals and 20 assists in 114 games.

This marks Trotman's first NHL recall.

The 6'3", 219-pound defenseman hails from Noblesville, Indiana and was drafted by Boston in the seventh round (210th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.

Dennis Seidenberg is a veteran of 615 NHL games with the Flyers, Coyotes, Hurricanes, Panthers and Bruins. This season he skated in 34 games for Boston and tallied one goal and nine assists.

The Bruins acquired Seidenberg from Florida with Matt Bartkowski on March 3, 2010, for Craig Weller, Byron Bitz and a 2010 second round pick.

Svedberg served as the team's backup goalie on Friday, December 27 after earning his first career regular season recall earlier that day.

TRANSACTION: Bruins recall Zach Trotman from Providence on an emergency basis, assign Niklas Svedberg to Providence.

Nice. Hate the Bruins and their rat like franchise with their rat like players. I don't wish injuries upon anyone, as per forum rules, but it's always encouraging seeing the Bruins getting weaker and weaker. Good day folks, its a good day.

I cannot wrap my head around you. Are you a legit poster, most of your work says yes.

But then there's so many gems like these where it seems you're almost fishing for that response

Can't say I agree. The Canucks have some tough mofos.

Tough loss for Boston. Seidenberg is one hell of a hockey player, he just doesn't get the recognition for it because of who he plays with.

I cannot wrap my head around you. Are you a legit poster, most of your work says yes.

But then there's so many gems like these where it seems you're almost fishing for that response

Ninja troll