The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kudos to Tom Sestito for Responding to the alerts hit...

Bren Mo

Mcgratton is easily a top 10 enforcer in the league and maybe even top 5. I dont think brian intended to hurt Alberts as badly as he did, but unfortunately he got knocked out cold.

Now, Sestito responding and sending a clear message of "hey, you can not do that to us" and "I don't care who you are, it will not be tolerated" is a big step in the right direction for this team.

He immediately responded and he didn't just grab on to mcgratton and hang on for dear life, he was throwing to hurt him and did very well IMO against a legit heavyweight. I can't say that others will be deterred in the future from taking runs at the Canucks because of this, but he stood up for his teammate against a real tough guy and that's a real character move that goes a long way in building a team that cares about each other, respects each other, and competes for each other.

Let's give the man a hand folks, Tom sestito my player of the game last night

That is why the Canucks have a Sestito in the lineup. For all those that are quick to want him gone. A decent hockey player who is learning a serious physical role. The regular season is NOT playoff hockey. Canucks have to be able to compete with LA and the Blues. Right now in a series I don't think they can. The comment about acquiring Ladd from Winnipeg has serious merit.

Did Stanton get his own thread for defending a teammate a while back? Any who we have a number of players who can do what Sestito did, hell Bieksa was gonna give him a beating too. Glad the Canucks are fighting for each other though. Sestito definitely earning his pay cheque, wanna see more fisticuffs from him.

Archived