The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts = Best Canucks Coach Ever

bohonos76

Just a shout out and Happy New Year to this years Canucks and Torts, who in my opinion is without a doubt, the best Canucks coach of all time.

Only rivaled by the great Pat Quinn and late Roger Neilson and neither had as much fire.

If you look at any coaches before and since, skipping Quinn and Neilson, no one comes close.

Poking Hansen to death for being a floating dane. Benched for the rest of the period. And since he has responded well.

Torts is going to get the best out of this team and the future is bright for 2014.

Go Canucks !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:

He can't be the best until he produces results over a long period. That said, I am extremely happy to have him as our coach, MG made a very good choice.

I do fear that he won't be all that well liked at the time he leaves the team. If we start losing at some point (even years from now), he will get eaten alive by our crazy fanbase. Imagine if we were a bottom feeder team right now, how would his decision to convert Kesler to wing and run with no 2nd line have gone over? He thinks outside the box and comes up with imaginative solutions, this is awesome, but if the wins stop coming people will peg him a nutbag in about 5 seconds.

I was happy to see him arrive in Vancouver but have to admit thought this could backfire badly. Torts has been great and seems to have the team buying into his system. AV had a good win percentage over his tenure during the regular season but come play off time just couldn't adjust to the change in styles. Torts will not be out coached and will motivate the team when needed. The future looks bright.

Played for the Canucks in their first two seasons in the league.

10 years as Canucks GM and President.

Five years as Canucks coach.

Vancouver Canucks player,coach,GM,President.

Stanley cup finalist with Vancouver.

Hockey Hall of Fame Committee Member.

Quinn played near three times more games than Tootsie has coached here.

Quinn has coached seven times more regular season games than Tootsie has coached here.

Quinn has coached 60% more playoff games than Tootsie's entire regular season games record as a Canucks coach.

Stating that John Tortorella is the greatest Canucks coach after half of one season ignores the twelve years that Quinn played,coached and managed the Canucks.

Just a shout out and Happy New Year to this years Canucks and Torts, who in my opinion is without a doubt, the best Canucks coach of all time.

Only rivaled by the great Pat Quinn and late Roger Neilson and neither had as much fire.

If you look at any coaches before and since, skipping Quinn and Neilson, no one comes close.

Poking Hansen to death for being a floating dane. Benched for the rest of the period. And since he has responded well.

Torts is going to get the best out of this team and the future is bright for 2014.

Go Canucks !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:

Dude, please.....only 41 games, in couple of years then we can compare him to other Canuck's coaches. -_-

Archived