The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts = Best Canucks Coach Ever

bohonos76

Pat Quinn is not a nostalgia pick. If you weren't around in the mid to late 80's to truly see how bad our hockey club was. The Neely trade was almost the nail in the coffin for our franchise. Quinn helped turn around a team that was the laughingstock of the NHL to a goal or two away from winning the Stanley Cup. The only issue is Quinn was a far better coach than a GM. But he was certainly a better GM than people give him credit for.

Torts as another poster has said seems to be the right coach, at the right time. Hopefully his drive and spirit will get us over the hump and finally get a Stanley Cup in Vancouver.

Played for the Canucks in their first two seasons in the league.

10 years as Canucks GM and President.

Five years as Canucks coach.

Vancouver Canucks player,coach,GM,President.

Stanley cup finalist with Vancouver.

Hockey Hall of Fame Committee Member.

Quinn played near three times more games than Tootsie has coached here.

Quinn has coached seven times more regular season games than Tootsie has coached here.

Quinn has coached 60% more playoff games than Tootsie's entire regular season games record as a Canucks coach.

Stating that John Tortorella is the greatest Canucks coach after half of one season ignores the twelve years that Quinn played,coached and managed the Canucks.

u talk as thought they were a bright 12 years

He's definitely in the top 3....AV is not

I think his style really sums up the city of Vancouver actually...he's what this city needs and he'll openly rip on the negative/bull crap media. He doesn't take any crap and he doesn't play favorites, if you make a mistake, you sit and it's AWESOME!!

Tell me you're kidding. Or did you just start following the Canucks this year? :sadno:

I do not think he is the best coach ever, because it is too early to tell. I do think he is the type of coach this team needed. I would go as far as to say that this coach has the type of attitude than can help the Canucks win the Pacific Division.

I think his style really sums up the city of Vancouver actually...he's what this city needs and he'll openly rip on the negative/bull crap media. He doesn't take any crap and he doesn't play favorites, if you make a mistake, you sit and it's AWESOME!!

Mental post

Isn't this exactly what everyone here hated about AV?!

One mistake and a rookie was benched.

Isn't this exactly what everyone here hated about AV?!

One mistake and a rookie was benched.

The great thing about Pat Quinn was that when you made a mistake, he would immediately chuck you back on the ice to redeem yourself. It worked 80% of the time . There is never a worse feeling than when you cough the puck up and it ends up in your net.

You sit on the bench and fester in it. Pat Quinn would try to get you right back on the horse to get over it.

If you immediately made another mistake, then you sat.

Just a shout out and Happy New Year to this years Canucks and Torts, who in my opinion is without a doubt, the best Canucks coach of all time.

Only rivaled by the great Pat Quinn and late Roger Neilson and neither had as much fire.

If you look at any coaches before and since, skipping Quinn and Neilson, no one comes close.

Poking Hansen to death for being a floating dane. Benched for the rest of the period. And since he has responded well.

Torts is going to get the best out of this team and the future is bright for 2014.

Go Canucks !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:

He's coached half a season, hanging on for playoff spot, makes him a the best coach ever.

Mean while the previous coach, has 5 straight division titles, 6 division titles, back to back presidents trophies, (the only team to actually do that, in the past 15 years, coached a team to 1 win to a Stanley cup, You guys are unreal. I bet you this post wouldn't even be posted after tonight's loss.

Quinn has coached seven times more regular season games than Tootsie has coached here.

Quinn has coached 60% more playoff games than Tootsie's entire regular season games record as a Canucks coach.

Stating that John Tortorella is the greatest Canucks coach after half of one season ignores the twelve years that Quinn played,coached and managed the Canucks.

If memory serves me correctly for Quinn, he blew up the Pavel Bure deal for long term so that completely does it for him as being the greatest anything for the canucks. Losing Bure was the biggest mistake made by any management in the history of the NHL that i can remember. Say what you want about Bure but it doesn't change the fact he was the most exciting player to ever put on a vancouver canucks jersey.

http://www.puckwatch.com/2010/12/why-pavel-bure-left-vancouver.html

btw...

we just lost back to back games to teams that we should have beaten..... nuff said.

Give your head a shake man, we don't have THAT good of a team and have you noticed 2 major injuries on D? Torts as good as he is can only do so much! plus the fact that teams that aren't bottom rung can beat any other teams on any given night.

He hasn't even been tested yet. lets wait to start judging until he has a couple seasons behind the bench with this team. he completely lost the room in NY. lets hope he can keep it here

He lost the room to a team mostly of spoiled babies, who for the most part didn't really want to play a defence styled game as well as offence that Torts demands. Spoiled superstars? You can have em...

Archived