The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Kings 3-Luongo 1

D.Doughty

We just don't have a top line anymore, Sedins are either saving it for the playoffs or are on a steep decline.

Also, unless this team reacts to players crashing Luongo like the Kings did when Sestito crashed Quick, we are destined for a first round ko (if we get to the playoffs).

We have the best god damned pk in the league, take advantage of it by being "dirty" or at least violent when other teams crash Lu. Jesus f'n christ.

Fans have gotta like how Lu played last night. He looked calm and cool. Vintage Lu.

Just need the rest of the team to get their heads out of their a$$es.

I think it probably showed Stevie Y something for sure. Looks like there are no lingering effects from the groin injury, something that could be huge when Tuesday rolls around.

I also like how he was indirectly taking responsibility for the Carter goal last night, saying that he was disappointed that he didn't at least get that game to OT...

You certainly can't blame him for the result, but he wasn't complaining about the guys in front of him. Instead he was wishing that he had stolen the point for them. Shows a lot of character, IMO.

This. I mean it would have been totally doable. Hodgson + Hansen and a pick would have been enough to get Richards, and we probably could have gotten Carter from Columbus straight up for Edler. But of course, instead we got Kassian who has not improved since last season and well we still have sloppy Edler.

Could you imagine a forward core of

Sedin-sedin-Carter

Burrows-Richards-Kesler

Higgins-Richardson-Santorelli

Missed opportunity

We probably could've got both in the same package.

Hodgson, Hansen, Edler, a 2 1sts and a 2nd for Carter and Richards

Hodgson, Hansen, 1st = Richards

Edler, 1st, 2nd = Carter

This team is a good team, the Sedin's are still on a decent pace and even when they're not scoring they do a good job of keeping the puck away from the other team, puck possession wise.

Our goaltending is excellent, our defence is solid and deep when everyone's healthy and our forwards are playing more effectively because they're better coached.

Still we need to add another couple of experienced leaders within the core group to add to team toughness, Neither the Sedin's or Kesler have enough grit leadership wise. I don't think we need to clean house, MG needs to find a way to bring in an Andrew Ladd or a Wayne Simmonds type, we need more emotion to compliment the coach.

If they play the way they did in the first period all game they likely win.

Unfortunately a 60 minute effort is still a rare occurrence for this team. Without our goalies standing on their heads, we don;t win, and even then it's not guaranteed.

Gonna be hard to win in the playoffs if we can't beat the best teams in our division. It's likely we'll face one of either the Sharks, Kings, or Ducks in the first round.

Its extremely hard to play that way. The team that is down by 1 is usually the more desperate team, and they are the ones that will come out charging and going after the tying goal. Have the game be reversed, L.A scores 1st, they be the ones on the heels as the Canucks play the attacking game.

this team needs a new captain.

From the second period on, the Nucks were dominated last night! Only Lu's stellar play made it a game at all. For Hank to say afterward that they didn't play that bad or when asked about the lack of goal scoring saying they play their best when the score is 2-1 and they play good defensively is concerning to say the least. The Sedins aren't built for tight, tough low scoring games. their role is to score goals and the more the better. If the idea is to have the Sedins play 20+ minutes in low scoring games where their focus I defense, Torts is mis-managing his personnel. The Sedins are very average players in the D zone and will get dominated/exploited by the large and skilled top lines in the west.

Sometimes I often wonder if Sedin's could land us Crosby+.

Maybe Henrik + Daniel for Crosby + Kunitz + 2nd round/3rd round

Shero would laugh his head off and then hang up the phone. The Pens won't trade a guy who is, far and away, the best player in the world for two declining players.

Archived