The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Kings 3-Luongo 1

D.Doughty

I am not convinced that the Canucks would come out ahead in a chippy, dirty series. Remember the much less talented but chippy and dirty Bruins?

Nobody from the Canucks attacked Thomas. The Canucks for 5 years have watched teams go after Luongo and done nothing. Tonight was a small glimmer of hope that the Canucks might finally be learning from Torts that goals win hockey games and nobody cares how you get them, but after they had one disallowed they stopped crashing the crease, even after Brown's goal.

Sestito is the only one playing with pride out there. great game Luo.

Kings manhandled us for the most part outside of Sestito.

Gillis needs to go get Wayne Simmonds and Ryan Callaghan.

Sedins playoff hockey disappearing act once again.

Higgins- Kesler-Callaghan

Sedin- Sedin-Simmonds

Santorelli- Richardson-Burrows

Sestito-K.Lain- Kassian

I opt for Jakub Voracek and Jagr (1 yr)

Sedin-Sedin-Jagr

Santo-Kesler-Voracek

Higgins-Horvat-Kassian

Hansen-Richardson-Burrows

Sestito

Get rid of Booth, Dalpe and no need for Weise with that type of depth. If only we could attract Jagr to our team somehow and pry Voracek from Flyers. Maybe trade Edler for Voracek and prospects.

All I have to say is that if guys like Dale Weise and Zack Kassian aren't hitting or sticking up for their teammates then they are completely useless.

What is Dale Weise even on this team for if he isn't here to fight and lay out the opposition, Sestito is a much better 4th liner than that guy.

Zack Kassian doesn't do anything except skate around and make a good pass once in awhile which he later makes up for by turning the puck over.

This team honestly needs a top 6 PWF or a 2nd/3rd line playmaker, without one we aren't going anywhere except golfing come this off season.

Players who need to smarten up are Garrison, Kassian, Weise, Bieksa (needs to be grittier), and the Sedins. Send Hansen back to the 3rd line where he belongs.

Another way to look at this is that we could build more balance on the third line, which could be another route toward stability across the rest of the lineup. Ever since we played WAS, for instance, I've liked the idea of trading for Jason Chimera. Pair him with Hansen, once Burrows is back, and Richie, and you've got one of the best defensive third lines in the conference. It would allow us to drop responsibilities for Booth and Kassian to fourth line duties. Who centers that line? Beats me. Schroeder? Dalpe was invisiballs tonight, and doesn't look ready to cut it yet. Chimera resigned a few weeks ago affordably, though, so I don't see WAS giving him up as they would have if he were a pending UFA.

Of course, none of this really takes care of our scoring problem in the Top 6. But, it would allow us to roll four lines more frequently, which certainly couldn't hurt things up top logging less minutes overall???

sedins just get pushed off pucks .. we will never win a stanley cup with them as a first line .. they'd be great as a second punch ,but we just don't have the talent or size thats needed ... I try to enjoy each game,,, even though I believe our chances of getting to the grail are slim to none ..

Canucks can play a lot better than this.

Only guy hitting was Sestito, and there are a lot of Canucks who can hit.

Where was the rest of the team?

They basically laid down and died.

This was a situation where one team, (the Canucks) decided the game was lost, BEFORE they played it.

Mental failure.

On the full replay he tips the puck into the zone. At leasts that is what I saw. If he did (which I'm like 90% sure he did), no penalty deserved.

This is just trolling.

Nope - been a Canucks fan since 1975.

This is just reality.

sedins just get pushed off pucks .. we will never win a stanley cup with them as a first line .. they'd be great as a second punch ,but we just don't have the talent or size thats needed ... I try to enjoy each game,,, even though I believe our chances of getting to the grail are slim to none ..

There is always a chance that some other team eliminates LA. Other than LA we match up well enough against the other powerhouses of the west.

My hatred for the kings and their style of hockey is now at all time high. I still hate bruins in the east but these kings are even more distasteful than bruins.

Can't stand the dirty rat Brown, mouthy Doughty as well as their always-look-constipated coach. I wish Sestito had Brown lined up and ground his ugly face into the ice.

and yet their style wins games, and apparently cups.

Exactly. All the more reason to hate them. The team is just like the New York Knicks / Detroit Pistons of NBA of the 90's if anyone remembers... dragging the game down to physical battle and mental intimidation while keeping the score as low as possible. I hated what they were doing to the game of basketball then, and I hate what Boston and LA is doing to the game of hockey now.

Funny how Luo gets ran over 3 times and no one has the balls to step up and do something about it. The Sedins need to stay on their feet, there grown men and get tossed around like ragdolls. Why is Hansen still on the first line? Rather see Dalpe, or even Sestito on the first line. Hansen excels on a third line fore-checking role. Anyone else notice how terrible Garrison is at turning around? Man this game was painful to watch, staring to miss Burr and Edler...

Exactly. All the more reason to hate them. The team is just like the New York Knicks / Detroit Pistons of NBA of the 90's if anyone remembers... dragging the game down to physical battle and mental intimidation while keeping the score as low as possible. I hated what they were doing to the game of basketball then, and I hate what Boston and LA is doing to the game of hockey now.

LA is not Boston.

I wish our team played more like LA and the Hawks.

Archived