The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Kings 3-Luongo 1

D.Doughty

If i were gm ... I would start retooling this team .. and I'm sorry to say it , but they know ( gillis and company } that they don't have the pieces .. care about the future of this team than you do about the stability of your job ? than make the moves .. start a semi rebuild ... trade some of those vets for studs and d picks .. you aint getting to the 2nd round anyway . mind as well get started

Canucks can play a lot better than this.

Only guy hitting was Sestito, and there are a lot of Canucks who can hit.

Where was the rest of the team?

They basically laid down and died.

This was a situation where one team, (the Canucks) decided the game was lost, BEFORE they played it.

Mental failure.

Which is what I don't get. We seem to hit less now than we did with AV as the coach. We have the big physical players, but only Sestito seems to hit. Kesler was hitting at times tonight as well, but where is Kassian? If he is going to be a power forward, he needs to learn to play like one.

Nope - been a Canucks fan since 1975.

This is just reality.

I could care less how long you've been a Canucks fan. You're just saying things with absolutely no explanation and you're using words like Wannabes, which you must know pisses people off. So you're either being an idiot or trolling, I'll let you decide.

Funny how Luo gets ran over 3 times and no one has the balls to step up and do something about it.

We have a winner. Brown's "goal" should have turned the game into open warfare. Instead, Sestito shoves Quick and nobody else does anything.

Which is what I don't get. We seem to hit less now than we did with AV as the coach. We have the big physical players, but only Sestito seems to hit. Kesler was hitting at times tonight as well, but where is Kassian? If he is going to be a power forward, he needs to learn to play like one.

The defence outside of Bieksa has completely forgotten hot to hit. Letting the Queens enter the zone untouched is unacceptable.

There is always a chance that some other team eliminates LA. Other than LA we match up well enough against the other powerhouses of the west.

what team though ? St louis ? san jose ? anaheim ? chicago ?

I get what your trying to say , but come on ... in a 7 game series we are not coming out ahead of these teams ..

Any dirty 3rd liners we can trade for or sign for cheap?

As I said up thread, I'd love Jason Chimera. WAS resigned him, though, back in Nov, as he was pending UFA. Hard to see them necessarily wanting to move him. But, Chimera-Richardson-Hansen would be a pretty damn good thing, no?

You wont see a big trade so stop getting hopes up...A minor deal for some defensive support so our top4 don't have to play the basically every min so they can get some rest to keep them more competitive and as for offence best will get is Edler gets moved up...He has the shot he has the size since nobody likes him on d and he wont be moved try him up front see where it goes

As I said up thread, I'd love Jason Chimera. WAS resigned him, though, back in Nov, as he was pending UFA. Hard to see them necessarily wanting to move him. But, Chimera-Richardson-Hansen would be a pretty damn good thing, no?

Wound't mind:

Man I miss the pre-suspension troubled Cooke and Torres.

LA is not Boston.

I wish our team played more like LA and the Hawks.

Kings and Hawks represent two totally opposite style of play. You have to choose which kind of team you want to build, and currently we are totally lost somewhere in between the two roads.

There is always a chance that some other team eliminates LA. Other than LA we match up well enough against the other powerhouses of the west.

Are you kidding me? I don't see how this team can beat the Sharks, the Ducks, and the Hawks.

Archived