The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

...You are trapped on an Island..

nux4lyfe

Jeez I made a list I feel honored

since it´s a "trapped" condition I would prefer people with skills to improve my/our conditions there helping each other...

bring boose/beer/vodka/wisky etc will relax me for a short period but will not make me health for a long time...

snacks are good but will last for a short period since I gonna eat them fast but after that...

since it´s a "trapped" condition I would prefer people with skills to improve my/our conditions there helping each other...

bring boose/beer/vodka/wisky etc will relax me for a short period but will not make me health for a long time...

snacks are good but will last for a short period since I gonna eat them fast but after that...

Your probably the only person here who actually went with a legit plan for survival vs just screwing around good job

1. Music album: Either Breaking Benjamin's "Dear Agony" or Paramore's "Riot!".

2. Food: Rice - because my logic is that there will be fish surrounding the island, so I'm sure something can be cooked up to make a tasty meal.

3. Book: (ok scratch that)/ magazine..? Boxed set of LOTR it's one, but it's 4 books! ::D

4. Drink: Water, and if not that Orange Juice.

5. 1 CDCer: Mash Baby. <5

You're being way too serious Aero...

Since a music "album" would be completely useless if one were stranded on a deserted island, we all decided to go the fantasy route.

If it were a real "shipwrecked" situation, the food should be something that will produce seeds, so we can grow more of it and our "companion" should be someone with survival skills or scientific knowledge instead of a hot female.

But where's the fun in that? ;)

You're being way too serious Aero...

Since a music "album" would be completely useless if one were stranded on a deserted island, we all decided to go the fantasy route.

If it were a real "shipwrecked" situation, the food should be something that will produce seeds, so we can grow more of it and our "companion" should be someone with survival skills or scientific knowledge instead of a hot female.

But where's the fun in that? ;)

agree about the music and food. but honestly farm food will be hard and consume too much energy...

BUT if I was on an island for fun on a controlled enviroment for party. well...

music: heavy metal music

food: Brazilian Barbecue with Gaúcho Style, Amazonic fish and tons of snacks and candies...

drink: vodka, wisky, Guaraná, açaí juice, Lemonade, Absinto...

book: Kama Sutra...

company: some friends and girls, girls, girls.

Commercial, Private or Military ?

Commercial/Executive/Bush-Pilot...

Flew/Fly inside Brazilian Jungle for so many years that I know how is the hell below me. those Air Canada Pilots flying from Brazil to Toronto don´t have any idea of how screwed they are when they enter there. would be nice if they know somethings because there are some uncontrolled runways that you can land a B737 easly there or even a bigger jet...

one day I told to an Air Canada Captain about these runways and he asked for the coordinates...

3 basic rules about survive in the jungle:

1) save your energy, be in panic is a very stupid thing. you´re screwed and you will probably die in 72 hours so accept it. if you manage your energy and do something good you might have a chance to survive...

2) those animals inside the jungle know the jungle better than you and you might be killed/eated by one of them. so learn how protect yourself, if you have a gun that´s great, if not use anything that can cut or smash an animal with the size of a Leopard/Cougar/Wolf...

3) try find a big river when you have the chance. small rivers don´t have ship/boat traffic but the big rivers have, if you reach a big river you will face a passenger ship/boat sometime and they will rescue you. at 4PM is dark inside the jungle and you have no lights so guess who will be the dinner if you don´t find a way to protect yourself during the night?

Commercial/Executive/Bush-Pilot...

Flew/Fly inside Brazilian Jungle for so many years that I know how is the hell below me. those Air Canada Pilots flying from Brazil to Toronto don´t have any idea of how screwed they are when they enter there. would be nice if they know somethings because there are some uncontrolled runways that you can land a B737 easly there or even a bigger jet...

one day I told to an Air Canada Captain about these runways and he asked for the coordinates...

3 basic rules about survive in the jungle:

1) save your energy, be in panic is a very stupid thing. you´re screwed and you will probably die in 72 hours so accept it. if you manage your energy and do something good you might have a chance to survive...

2) those animals inside the jungle know the jungle better than you and you might be killed/eated by one of them. so learn how protect yourself, if you have a gun that´s great, if not use anything that can cut or smash an animal with the size of a Leopard/Cougar/Wolf...

3) try find a big river when you have the chance. small rivers don´t have ship/boat traffic but the big rivers have, if you reach a big river you will face a passenger ship/boat sometime and they will rescue you. at 4PM is dark inside the jungle and you have no lights so guess who will be the dinner if you don´t find a way to protect yourself during the night?

Man if Im ever lost in the jungle I will need to summon you somehow

OK ok, IF you were to be trapped on an Island and had the choice to bring 1 of each of the following, what would they be?

1. Music album?

S&M

2. Food?

Salted Caramel doughnuts from Lucky's

3. Book..(ok scratch that)/ magazine..?

How to Survive on an Island for Dummies

4. Drink?

Strawberry banana shake

5. 1 CDCer? (can of worms = opened)

Awww.. I couldn't just pick one! If I have to suffer, I'd bring all the rest of you to suffer too.. :rolleyes:

Hmmm...

May I give you a suggestion? Let them fight each other to the death to prove their love. lol.

agree about the music and food. but honestly farm food will be hard and consume too much energy...

BUT if I was on an island for fun on a controlled enviroment for party. well...

music: heavy metal music

food: Brazilian Barbecue with Gaúcho Style, Amazonic fish and tons of snacks and candies...

drink: vodka, wisky, Guaraná, açaí juice, Lemonade, Absinto...

book: Kama Sutra...

company: some friends and girls, girls, girls.

Now you've got the idea! :)

Thanks for the survival tips. I'll add that to what I learned watching the Jurassic Park series...;)

OK ok, IF you were to be trapped on an Island and had the choice to bring 1 of each of the following, what would they be?

1. Music album?

2. Food?

4. Drink?

1. I'd rather have a piano or a guitar

2. Gimme seeds, I can grow my own food

3. Sheet music and lots of it

4. Bushmills Black

5. no idea

Guest Gumballthechewy

1. Music album?

I'm on an island with no power and no means to play an album... Can I just bring my acoustic instead?

2. Food?

How big is the island? Is it big enough for wildlife for me to hunt? If not I guess mac n cheese.

I guess The Lord of the Rings, but only if I can bring The Hobbit and The Silmarillion too.

4. Drink?

Are there coconuts? I guess I'll bring some Sleemans.

Let's see, that's a hard one...

I can think of three to choose from, avelanch for his extensive knowledge of things, Mash for comic relief and we could turn being stranded on a deserted island into a bromance movie, or J.R. I have a feeling we'd kick that deserted islands ass.

I can't decide who too choose...

5. Album - Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique

4. Food - Spinach Salad w/ chicken, dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, raspberry/walnut dressing, and shredded roma chesse

3. Book - The Hobbit

2. Drink - Pinneapple Juice

1. CDC - Don't know any of you. So either my wife or nobody.

Archived