The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How many players on the USA Olympic Team would have made Team Canada?

SeaBass

I would take Suter, Kane, Parise, Kesler, and Miller. We would roughly have:

Stamkos-Crosby-St. Louis

Parise-Getzlaf-Perry

Sharp-Toews-Kane

Duchene-Tavares-Giroux

Bergeron-Kesler

Suter-Weber

Keith-Doughty

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo

Boyle-Subban

Miller/Luongo/Price

I would put Kesler above Tavares.

kes would be an amazing 4th line C for team Canada.

Kane, Parise, Suter, Quick, Backes, Kesler

Parise - Crosby - Stamkos

Sharp - Toews - Kane

Nash - Tavares - Kesler

Perry - Bergeron - Getzlaf

Backes, Benn, St. Louis

Suter - Weber

Keith - Doughty

Hamhuis - Pietrangelo

Subban, Bouwmeester

Quick

Luongo

Price

I understand what you were trying to say, but the hyperbole that you connected it to just killed its credibility.

Canada didn't win an Olympic gold for almost 50 years, until 2002, and yet they were still considered the top team to beat at every tournament.

Lol no way in heck Kesler makes a Canadian Olympic team, Suter and Kane, as well as J Quick would be the only ones that would crack Canada. I would love to have Quick in goal, Goaltending is defanetly not our strong position this Olympics. Stacked forwards and Defense, however I think our goaltending does not compare with the likes of USA Sweden or Finland. Lucky Russia is in the same goaltending boat as us.

It would be crazy to have a North America vs. rest of world hockey championship every year.

That would be cool to see, something like

St-Louis-Crosby-Stamkos

Sharp-Toews-Kane

Duchene-Tavares-Giroux

Kesler-Getzlaf-Perry

Hamhuis-Weber

Keith-Pietrangelo

Suter-Doughty

Quick

Luongo

Miller

vs

Ovechkin-Malkin-Backstrom

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Kovalchuk

Sedin-Sedin-Hossa

Landeskog-Kopitar-Vanek

Chara-Karlsson

Kronwall-Hedman

OEL-Carlson/Edler

Lundqvuist

Rinne

Rask

Canada didn't win an Olympic gold for almost 50 years, until 2002, and yet they were still considered the top team to beat at every tournament.

Lol?

1998 is first time nhl players go to olympics. 2/4olympics with nhlers Canada has won gold. Usa has 2 silvers I think (did they win anything in 98 or 06?)

Kesler and Backes.

and Schneider :bigblush:

Suter is over-rated (and has been for quite some time). His underlying numbers aren't very good - he gets 55% offensive zone starts, concedes territory (48% finishes), has a negative corsi on and relative corsi... 14th on the Wild.

http://www.behindthe...34 45 46 63 67#

Good player, but wouldn't make my Team Canada.

Just doesn't live up to the hype imo.

Same with Kane. Way too one way wonder for me. Many more complete players to choose from and I don't give a crap what the highlight reelers think.

This hard on the hockey world has for Suter is perplexing.

Please do some research before opening your yap. The reason why the Soviets dominated the Olympics in hockey for so long was because the Soviet Union was able to send their best to the tournament. Canada on the other were only able to send their best players under the age of 22, most of them high draft picks, with a few draft picks, that were in the AHL.

To answer the OP's question, Ryan Kesler, Ryan Suter, and Ryan Miller are the names that come to my mind, when he asked who on Team USA will make team Canada.

Ryan Kesler, because he is a bigger and faster and more offensive player then someone like Brenden Morrow who was able to crack the Canadian roster as a checker. Ryan Kesler will make team Canada on a checking role. Ryan Kesler brings the intangibles as someone that can skate, someone who has size and someone who can score goals, a proven 40 goal scorer, and was able to put up 50 points as a winger in 2009. Again, if Brendon Morrow can crack team Canada, so can Ryan Kesler.

Ryan Suter... well.... nuff said.....

Ryan Miller.... well... Nuff said....

That is all.

No to Parise because we have enough guys like him. Top 9 too enough skill players.

Please do some research before opening your yap. The reason why the Soviets dominated the Olympics in hockey for so long was because the Soviet Union was able to send their best to the tournament. Canada on the other were only able to send their best players under the age of 22, most of them high draft picks, with a few draft picks, that were in the AHL.

No, you do some research before you open your yap.

Despite not sending our best players, we still finished near or at the top of the standings at those Olympics. In fact, our worst finish was 6th in Lake Placid, during that span.

Archived