The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Everything Bitcoin Thread

Quadriga just added Litecoin, for those interested.

I'm not really sold on LTC, personally. no idea what the coin will offer once BTC gets upgraded, but I'll probably snag a couple at some point (sold all mine recently)

11 minutes ago, themcdeal said:

Didnt realize Ether hit below $150

wish i jumped on that

USD, but yeah, it fell hard 

lots of people saying there will be one more drop before august, but idk if i believe that after the massive rebound today/yesterday. would take a colossal turn around

• 2 weeks later...

Keep an eye on the news in Washington.  If Trump looks like he's going to be brought before the House of Representatives and impeached within the next several months, there will be people looking to move their money out of the stock market and all of it won't be going to precious metals.  I'm willing to bet that some of the more aggressive investors will move their sudden liquidity to cryptocurrencies with Bitcoin being the best bet.

The stock market is already riding unsustainably high on a post-election bubble as it is.

On 7/19/2017 at 4:10 AM, themcdeal said:

Didnt realize Ether hit below $150

wish i jumped on that

It will go back up.  It's Putin's currency of choice now that most big European countries are tightening the screws on him and his oligarch buddies.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/why-is-the-kremlin-suddenly-obsessed-with-cryptocurrencies

22 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

Anyone else having issues with preev displaying what ltc is worth?  Hasn't been working for me for a long while now. 

never used (or even heard of) Preev before. I find the coinbase app pretty useful, you can install widgets to get live value updates on your phones home screen

1 hour ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

NEO is going absolutely crazy. $52. I bought in at $7 and I'm wishing I'd just gone all in on it.

Interested in seeing what happens when Asia wakes up.

i'm no financial advisor, but it's extremely rare for a coin to have that sort of rise and not correct significantly

already looks like there's been a couple of big sell offs

6 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

i'm no financial advisor, but it's extremely rare for a coin to have that sort of rise and not correct significantly

already looks like there's been a couple of big sell offs

I think we are due a correction. I was thinking that it would stabilize around $35ish, but there just seems to be so much momentum behind it at the moment.