The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Everything Bitcoin Thread

2 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

Meh don't worry about it..

IMO focus on the big 4 like (Bitcoin, Eltherum, Litecoin, and Ripple). 

The rest are basically short term pump and dump coins. 

Its all about EOS    it will explode. Verge and Omisego may be big players as well. Ripple is the Fed coin stay as fa away as possible.

4 hours ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

Its all about EOS    it will explode. Verge and Omisego may be big players as well. Ripple is the Fed coin stay as fa away as possible.

there's always talk about the "killer app" to send crypto stuff to the next level, and i think Omise is really on the verge of something big (at least locally in Thailand for sure)

while I do not know if OMG will be THE token/project to add digital identities to crypto globally (faces stiff competition from so many other small platforms, and heavy-hitters like Microsoft), I do think that putting digital identities on these chains (btc, eth, etc.) will certainly be a "killer app" and have a tremendous impact on the tech and global adoption overall. it simply has to.

(full disclosure: i don't own a single OMG token, i'm not shilling)

Edited by GLASSJAW
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

there's always talk about the "killer app" to send crypto stuff to the next level, and i think Omise is really on the verge of something big (at least locally in Thailand for sure)

while I do not know if OMG will be THE token/project to add digital identities to crypto globally (faces stiff competition from so many other small platforms, and heavy-hitters like Microsoft), I do think that putting digital identities on these chains (btc, eth, etc.) will certainly be a "killer app" and have a tremendous impact on the tech and global adoption overall. it simply has to.

(full disclosure: i don't own a single OMG token, i'm not shilling)

I do own a few Omisego myself and agree that coin will be huge in Asia. If it is adopted as their go to transaction coin it could really pop.  The platform has potential to be huge as it is on the ethereum block chain and can handle a descent amount of transactions.    

I jumped on the light Coin cash train and could not believe the speed of transactions.   Transferred 11k worth of Light coin to the LCC chain and it was less than 2 min confirmation on the day everyone was trying to get their 10x more coins for putting their Lite coin on their new chain.   So many thought it was a scam but I can assure you my lite coins are all safe back in my wallet and my 400 lite coin cash are waiting on the new block chain : )

The speed of transactions is really driving the tech. We want instant confirmations and  they are getting close to that already.  I honestly think LiteCoin will be one of the most used coins in the future.  Most forks cause quite a bit of fear and doubt but as we have seen with the Bit and Ehtereum forks this is a very good thing in the long run.

The digital apps (DAPPS) will revolutionize commerce  as we know it .  Crypto already has changed the way the world views and uses its money. Its about time.

Look into EOS it will be massive.

Unfortunately I missed the Bitcoin windfall when it was cheap to purchase. I read about bitcoin cash faucet, it is a website or app that works on a principle of rewarding participants with Satoshi after they have completed a certain task. Sounds interesting to me. At least it is a small chance to accumulate Bitcoins without paying thousands dollars. 

Edited by luckyjack

10 hours ago, luckyjack said:

Unfortunately I missed the Bitcoin windfall when it was cheap to purchase. I read about bitcoin cash faucet, it is a website or app that works on a principle of rewarding participants with Satoshi after they have completed a certain task. Sounds interesting to me. At least it is a small chance to accumulate Bitcoins without paying thousands dollars. 

IMO it's a complete waste of time.. those games/apps take forever to even gain one Satoshi let alone one bitcoin.. it's a complete scam.

You're better off working a part time job and buying some Bitcoin incrementally than wasting your time on that..

But who invests in Bitcoin anyway? Eltherum and others are soo much cheaper and stable. 

Edited by drummer4now

12 hours ago, luckyjack said:

lol, you'd probably have better luck just offering a skill in exchange for bitcoin on craigslist, or buying/flipping stuff for btc 

or just buying bitcoin itself. not easy to get investments without the actual investing part, i don't think

19 hours ago, luckyjack said:

There are apps with a similar concept.... all scams.  They ask to do surveys or whatever, pretty much just selling the ads to your phone... then make it mandatory for users to rate the app as 5-stars and then supposedly they'll send you the bitcoins.  

Of course, you don't really get paid.  People fall into the scam because the app is constantly rated as 5-stars, lol.  The only people earning money are the ones who created the app.  

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, drummer4now said:

Hoping for another spike in the prices soon.. 

Nice to see Bitcoin finally stabilizing. 

finally stabilizing? the infamous 'tokyo whale' seems to be destroying the market single handedly - but in the long term this is a good thing

9 hours ago, drummer4now said:

Hoping for another spike in the prices soon.. 

Nice to see Bitcoin finally stabilizing. 

finally stabilizing? the infamous 'tokyo whale' seems to be destroying the market single handedly - but in the long term this is a good thing

21 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

I really wished the scum bags at wall street would allow this technology to flourish instead of bashing it to bits because it hurts their bottom line.. 

What we are seeing now just what I thought would happen a thawing of sorts. 

Edited by drummer4now

On 3/16/2018 at 2:06 AM, GLASSJAW said:

Honestly at this point I am actually thinking of selling my crypto investments.. only because I have a grave fear the hype is over.

First time I am actually starting to lose money.. 

5 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Anyone ever heard of DasCoins?

I'm not crypto expert, but it sounds like a scam.... yet my mom is gung-ho about forking over $10k for some license or whatever.  

Only took a glance at it but looks like a Ponzi scheme to me. Personally I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

11 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Anyone ever heard of DasCoins?

I'm not crypto expert, but it sounds like a scam.... yet my mom is gung-ho about forking over $10k for some license or whatever.  

Better off putting 10k in a reliable investment instead of some fad that flip flops all over the place every week