The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Everything Bitcoin Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

bitcoin quickly approaching 10k USD - might hit it and come back down, like it did a couple times at 9k (i think twice?), or it could blow right open.

or just sit still

point being, who knows. sure is fun to watch, though

Edited by GLASSJAW

Turns out that QuadrigaCX guy was scamming and what’s the deal with this new Facebook currency Libra? I noticed they made their code available online, but I haven’t had a chance to sift through it and figure it out.

• 1 month later...

I’ve been busy the last few months involved with a energy/bitcoin start up. At the end of July we finished setting up our first can on our phase 1 site and we just started mining as of yesterday.  At the current hash rate, this first can will mine about .5 bitcoin per week. Once we get the other 3 up and running we can start working at getting phase two. Been a pretty exciting last few months. 

22 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I’ve been busy the last few months involved with a energy/bitcoin start up. At the end of July we finished setting up our first can on our phase 1 site and we just started mining as of yesterday.  At the current hash rate, this first can will mine about .5 bitcoin per week. Once we get the other 3 up and running we can start working at getting phase two. Been a pretty exciting last few months. 

where are you doing this?

what machines are you using?

how much of that .5 is going to cover the cost of the operation itself?

Edited by GLASSJAW

20 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

where are you doing this?

We’re doing this just south of Calgary.

what machines are you using?

We’re using the whatsminer m10

how much of that .5 is going to cover the cost of the operation itself?

Yep. We actually are split into two parts of business. The first part is mining and the second part is selling the cheap energy we have access to other miners around the world. 

The benefit of Alberta energy is cheap gas. We struck a really good deal and have one of the lowest industry cost per kWh which is a must to remain profitable. On the mining alone, with only one can running (about 300 miners) set up, we are able to turn out a daily profit. (Minus our initial expenses)

We are hoping to soon be setting up another 3 cans before the year is out. And then start on phase 2 early Q3 of 2020 depending how much funds we can raise in the next 6 months. 

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat

9 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

We’re doing this just south of Calgary.

We’re using the whatsminer m10

Yep. We actually are split into two parts of business. The first part is mining and the second part is selling the cheap energy we have access to other miners around the world. 

The benefit of Alberta energy is cheap gas. We struck a really good deal and have one of the lowest industry cost per kWh which is a must to remain profitable. On the mining alone, with only one can running (about 300 miners) set up, we are able to turn out a daily profit. (Minus our initial expenses)

We are hoping to soon be setting up another 3 cans before the year is out. And then start on phase 2 early Q3 of 2020 depending how much funds we can raise in the next 6 months. 

Would you ever open up to colocation work? Obviously for a fee/cut. I had the opportunity to buy a handful of extremely cheap s9s not too long ago, but just couldn't figure out where to run them

Currently running an S9-Hydro (at a loss) in my apartment irregularly, just too hot this time of year, but still I make it work

Edited by GLASSJAW

8 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

Would you ever open up to colocation work? Obviously for a fee/cut. I had the opportunity to buy a handful of extremely cheap s9s not too long ago, but just couldn't figure out where to run them

Currently running an S9-Hydro (at a loss) in my apartment irregularly, just too hot this time of year, but still I make it work

At this point we really are only considering it for a minimum of a hundred miners. Being that we on corner of an oil lease there are lot of restrictions and it’s really only worth it for us for larger scale. 

But once we get our footing off the ground it is an area that we might be considering. The more we have been networking, the more we found that there are a lot of people in a similar situation. They have the desire to get into crypto but it’s really hard to break even without being a large operation and getting low power costs. We’re thinking their might be a market for that. 

• 2 months later...

I'm interested in investing into  Hedge Fund as it is focused on delivering uncorrelated returns on digital assets. I found info about reliable crypto SEC hedge fund with years of experience. The company identifies market dislocations that drive risk-adjusted investment opportunities.

Edited by WilliG

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...