The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nuckleheads 4-Penguins 5 (SO)

D.Doughty

This was almost as bad as the Leaf's collapse. 2 goal lead with a minute left in the game and we blew it. Time for a close-door meeting.

That being said the Canucks did a LOT of good things today. Every line had great chances, and the forwards really shined but our defencemen were dangled and embarassed by some amazing passing by the Penguins. Also, leaving Crosby wide open in the final minute is a huge brain-fart.

This defence needs a shake-up, and Edler coming back isn't going to help. I've said it before and I'll say it again - this defence needs a veteran greybeard to calm them down, because they just get skittish and nervous, especially when playing skilled, big forwards late in the game. Hamhuis, Bieksa and Garrison are not veterans, they're in their prime. We need a Roszival or Scuderi-like defenceman who has been in the league for ages and who has Cup experience.

pathetic effort this should of been a regulation win

whatever

0-2-3 in January picked up some loser points at least 4 points ahead of Phoenix with them having 3 games in hand Minnesota 5 points behind us currently playing LA tied in ot so could be 4 points behind us with same amount of games played

bottom line Canucks should be 3-2-0 if they didn't piss away leads they need to start good and finish good no more freaking rollercoasters

Torts probably should of called a timeout

That missed trip at the end really ****ed us.

But still. One missed call shouldn't result in 2 goals in 16 seconds.

"Kinda feels like we're taking about this all the time" - Lack

**** this sucks

It wasn't missed. The ref didn't call it on purpose. Joke.

What team gives up a 2, YES A TWO goal lead in 16 seconds in the THIRD PERIOD! Holy **** if we keep this up another 1st round exit, wait we might not even get in to the playoffs if we keep this crap up. We were lucky to get a point...

Might I add with a minute to go? Sometimes i wish AV was back

Get rid of the shootouts please.

Killing us, along with the fact we can't hold a lead for our life.

Well - watching that OT - they looked like they were playing for the shoot out :(

Eddie baby - how many goals between the 5 hole are you going to give them? :(

Sorry...I'm just really....ticked off...

3 games in a row we should have won - 3 games in a row we found a way to lose.

non call or not. Torts better rip this team to shreds after this. This was absolutely, without a doubt, the worst Canuck loss this season. Are you kidding me guys?! Seriously? How can you possibly allow that to happen? Are we the Leafs in Game 7 last year?! We better figure out how to hold leads reaaaal soon, because this got old a month ago. Pick it up boys!

Go Canucks

We could be talking about a great come from behind win against a good team, but instead, just another meltdown to add to the teams history.

This choke hurts more than the beat down in California. We had a frigging two goal lead with like a minute left FFS!!

Archived