The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nuckleheads 4-Penguins 5 (SO)

D.Doughty

Some positivity though - if Luongo was in net against Anaheim and Pittsburgh we probably win both those games. Lack has made some good saves, but not timely saves like a veteran goalie would. Sure Luongo has coughed up leads before, but he's made more big saves than Lack when the games on the line. The 4-3 goal is a must-save and one that Lu would have made. The Perry game winner through the 5-hole is a very easy save too. Nothing against Lack, but these late game losses are partly due to goaltending and us not having our #1 in net.

This team is not doing jack crap without a massive shakeup.

Trade the Sedins, Edler, Booth and any dead weight. Go with youth and get younger, faster and more hungrier. Right now, the Canucks are looking like the Flames from a few years back.

Just going nowhere.

Bingo dude, right there with you.

It really is time for a shakeup to go with the youth movement and go through the growing pains. Let some of the vets go and win somewhere else before it is too late and don't get full value by realizing late we aren't contenders like the Flames have done.

That was a hell of a game and a gutsy performance coming back from 2-0 and taking that game over.

A deflection off Kesler and over Lack, and a fluky seeing eye goal onto the giftstick of the prima donna is not going to sog my cereal.

Shat happens, and sometimes it happens a few nights in a row.

This isn't going to break this team.

Great game. The team really stepped up tonight.

Luongo, Burrows, Edler, Stanton. When these guys come back.......this team will still have no finish.

Gillis must go. Regardless of picking up Santorelli, Stanton and Richardson. Gillis' reset is a joke. He knew this core was done but signed two over the hill players who disappear in the playoffs to the biggest contracts of their careers.

He signs his undersized top 4 with NTCs and they continually choke on leads.

Hopefully Tortorella wises up and quits before he has a coronary.

It makes me sad cause I love Henrik and I'd love to see him be THE captain that brings us the Cup; lord knows the Sedin's deserve that.

However, you don't win by being the most deserving; you win by being the best - something the Sedin's can no longer call themselves.

It makes me sad cause I love Henrik and I'd love to see him be THE captain that brings us the Cup; lord knows the Sedin's deserve that.

However, you don't win by being the most deserving; you win by being the best - something the Sedin's can no longer call themselves.

It didn't used to be so bad watching the Sedins get pushed around because they would dominate and put up points. Now, watching them get pushed off the puck constantly and see them generate basically nothing 20 minutes per game, I agree...this team will not be lead to a championship by them. The only chance they have of hoisting the cup is to be traded and play a secondary role elsewhere or hope that the Nucks youth can mature quickly and carry the team. I put Kesler in this category as well. He had a stretch of good games but has been a no show and non-factor most games.

First of all I just wanna say

Tom Sestito > Aaron Volpatti.. I don't care how hot his sister was

On to the post game rant.. This is so damn frustrating. So many things are going right this season. We got our tough guy playing way beyond expectations, 2 off season signings being huge contributors, Tanev emerging as a legit top 4, Kassian taking big steps in the right direction, Lu playing great again, Kesler back to classic Kesler. All these major bright spots and yet we seem to find a way to make a bonehead move late in so many games and lose. It's not even an isolated group doing it, it's being done by the entire team.

This isn't a problem a trade is going to fix. It doesn't matter what kinda changes we make if these guys can't figure how to lock down a lead.

Hard to believe that a team with such great defensive players is having that much trouble in this area. Top pk team can't even shutdown a game in the final minute, this is getting ridiculous.

Notice a trend....it is the supporting cast that shows up more often than stars. Kesler looks useless...the Sedins more-so/ If they are injured, rest them, they're not helping the team win anyways. bloody ridiculous watching this team embarrass the organization with major choke jobs

It shouldn't be a surprise as we've seen this type of thing regularly from this group for the last 3 years. Ever since the SCF, this team just seems to get overwhelmed for periods of time. And the only constant between then and now is the core of this team, so people can draw their own conclusions. Hint, it's not the coach!

I was never a fan of AV but I don't remember the team blowing lead so often in one season when he was the coach. Only game that springs to my mind is the one Mitchell blew in game 3 against Chicago in 2010 (or was it 2009?). How many times have we blown the lead so late or give up a winner so late?

Archived