The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Gillis has offered tonight Gaunce, Hansen, Tanev and 3rd Round Pick for Evander Kane (waiting on Jets reply)

NO! :sadno: DO NOT TRADE TANEV :sadno:

That aside didn't Gillis just say that he isn't going to trade our young guys/prospects? I am all for bring E. Kane to vancouver and to give up some players to do it. But ALL those players NO.

Take Tanev out put Edler in then we can talk.

I remember staying up really late that night and like 300+ ppl online at 2am in the morning talking about the potential trade. lol

I just remember the guy being so adamant that it would happen after the Boston game, then he got banned, lol.

Highly doubt there's any truth to this but it's definitely a deal I'd look at pulling the trigger on. Tanev would be tough to lose, I'd only cough him up in a deal that's landing us a great young player like Kane. Hansen, great 3rd liner on a good contract but he is replaceable. Plus we're adding a winger so it pushes a guy like burrows down into his spot. Gaunce I could handle giving up. He's a solid prospect but his ceiling isn't as high as the others.

Only concern I have is how would Kane respond to a coach like torts? If there's any doubt in that area we may be better off keeping Tanev as he thrives under him.

Archived