The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Gillis has offered tonight Gaunce, Hansen, Tanev and 3rd Round Pick for Evander Kane (waiting on Jets reply)

Ok, were's the source people? Any time I see Tanevs name in a potential deal I want to smack my head against the counter.

He's the teams 2nd best d-man. Hansen is this teams top 6 forward. Gaunce is a top 5 prospect. That's a lot to give up for a guy who is a top 6 foward and has attitude issues.

Ok, were's the source people? Any time I see Tanevs name in a potential deal I want to smack my head against the counter.

He's the teams 2nd best d-man. Hansen is this teams top 6 forward. Gaunce is a top 5 prospect. That's a lot to give up for a guy who is a top 6 foward and has attitude issues.

Lol Hansen a top 6 forward.

Replace Tanev with someone else and I'd be game.

I think it's a hoax though. Getting rid of Tanev at this point would be absurd. I'd cry if he left.

We are a mess on D because of injuries. Tanev and Hammer are pretty much our most consistent D. If we lost one even for E.kane we would be in big trouble.

I would cry super amount if he left. He's easily my 2nd favorite canuck...and I just brought my milionaire jersey into the team store to get number 8 on it :sadno:

We are a mess on D because of injuries. Tanev and Hammer are pretty much our most consistent D. If we lost one even for E.kane we would be in big trouble.

I would cry super amount if he left. He's easily my 2nd favorite canuck...and I just brought my milionaire jersey into the team store to get number 8 on it :sadno:

Logo on the front not the name on the back. Can't really get attached to players in this league since they come and go so often. It would hurt losing Tanev but if it's for a guy who can change a game with one play and be the present and future of your team, hell yes, count me in. Don't worry though this "rumour" is bs.

I'd be baffled if this trade ever happened. Kane is worth a lot more than that and I'm sure many other teams would be willing to offer more. Only way I see this happening is if Kane demands a trade to here or some other extremely unlikely circumstance.

switch Tanev with Corrado and it's a done deal. Optimaly I would try and do Hansen, Corrado, Jensen, and a second. Winnipeg gets a top 9 forward who has shown he can play anywhere up and down the line up. A good prospect capable of playing pretty well for an nhl club and has only shown sings of moving upwards, Jensen, who hasn't shown too much lately but I still think has enough potential to have value and a second instead of a third. I think that is fair enough value for Evander Kane.

Logo on the front not the name on the back. Can't really get attached to players in this league since they come and go so often. It would hurt losing Tanev but if it's for a guy who can change a game with one play and be the present and future of your team, hell yes, count me in. Don't worry though this "rumour" is bs.

I bleed green and blue, I am a die hard fan and will always cheer for the team first however I do not see the smarts in trading one of our only consistent D away (fav player or not) for a super star with an attitude problem. Do I want E.kane on this team- yes of course I do but that doesn't mean we should give away to much to get him. There have to be other options we could do- or why not send them someone else. It just doesn't make sense logically giving what the nucks need right now. We pretty much are bleeding D why give away one of our best?

plus on a more selfish reason I haven't even got to wear my Tanev jersey yet. I haven't even got it yet. I litterly sent it to the team store on the weekend.

Seems feasible but highly unlikely.

Those are the few guys the Canucks can actually move that don't have no-trades (Great job Gillis).

Guance

Tanev

Hansen

and a 3rd

Seems very fair to me. Vancouver gets a legit top six power forward and Winnipeg gets Tanev a top 4 shutdown d-man.

Hansen third line winger with the potential to move up.

Guance third line checking center potential for more.

When Kane is focused he has the speed and shot to be a game changer. Not to mention he can play physical and drop the gloves when necessary.

Imagine the snipes he could have with the Sedins saucing him passes.

That's irrelevant. If Burrows is up he's playing on the 3rd line. You can't name him a top 6 forward just because he plays there. He's a 3rd liner playing on the 2nd line.

It's relevant cause I said "on this team". Hansens played in a top 6 role for the majority of this season on this team. Is he a top 6 guy on most teams? Prob not, he's a tweener. But they're giving up a top dman, top prospect and a tp 6 guy (on this team), for a guy who will replace him.

Eh, If I'm tracking this correctly it came from someone called Harry Niijar on Twitter, his handle: harry1619. It was later retweeted by Taj1944, and since picked up by Vancity buzz. The orginal source aparently started rumors of Parise coming here when he was a free agent. Take it with a mountain of salt.

If it were true, it would suck to lose Tanev as he's our only stable D (Hammer has had troubles). I think Stanton still has room to grow, and Corrado might fill Tanev's void in the next 2 years. Getting Kane would be well worth it, even if it means Hansen and Gaunce.

Archived