The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HBO's "True Detective"

GLASSJAW

So, many reviews are in, and almost every single one is positive.

For those who don't know, it stars Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey. The show "utilizes multiple timelines to trace two detectives' hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana across seventeen years."

Trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roiKrE5KLbk

Starts this weekend!

McConaughey deserves some sort of an award for turning his career around. He's still a bit of a clown, I think, but give him credit for taking "real" roles since 2009's "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" (lol?)

I foresee a future SNL skit, with MM accepting an academy award, and suddenly being haunted by "Ghosts of S$#ttyroles Past".

Something must have happened prior to The Lincoln Lawyer. There's a hiatus there, and he's been absolute dynamite since.

I foresee a future SNL skit, with MM accepting an academy award, and suddenly being haunted by "Ghosts of S$#ttyroles Past".

Something must have happened prior to The Lincoln Lawyer. There's a hiatus there, and he's been absolute dynamite since.

Maybe SNL isn't on his horizon right now.

Tina Fey On Matthew McConaughey: "He was always taking his shirt off, he's like "Yeah, here's my deal, I'm hot." We had a meeting one day at like 11 o'clock, right before the show and he walks into the meeting shirtless wearing this like old musty sarong"

Speaking of Harrelson, did you know this about his father:

"Charles Voyde Harrelson was an American organized crime figure who was convicted of assassinating federal judge John H. Wood, Jr., the first federal judge killed in the 20th century. He was the estranged father of actor Woody Harrelson." -wiki

Archived