The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vote for Ben Hutton for the Hobey Baker

avelanch

Voted (again).

And here (inside spoiler) is a breakdown of how the numbers stood at the time of my vote:

Hutton has 3827 votes and is leading by 245 votes.

Gaudreau in 2nd with 3582 votes.

However, it's becoming something of a three horse race with Shayne Gostisbehere (Union) also crossing the 3000 vote mark. Gostisbehere now sits at 3089 votes.

There are currently 15 nominees with vote totals in four digits. Here's how they break down (at the time of my last vote):

1. Ben Hutton (Maine): 3827, 2. Johnny Gaudreau (Boston College): 3582, 3. Shayne Gostisbehere (Union): 3089, 4. Ryan Faragher (St. Cloud State): 2140, 5. Adam Wilcox (Minnesota): 1841, 6. Trevor van Riemsdyk (New Hampshire): 1689, 7. Ross Mauermann (Providence): 1664, 8. Dillon Simpson (North Dakota): 1607, 9. Devin Shore (Maine): 1417, 10. Michael Mersch (Wisconsin): 1377, 11. Ryan Haggerty (RPI): 1353, 12. Andrew Copp (Michigan): 1216, 13. Connor Jones (Quinnipiac): 1207, 14. Jimmy Vesey (Harvard): 1153, 15. Greg Carey (St. Lawrence): 1089

A strong move by another fanbase could push any of those totals up rather quickly.

Keep voting every day!

EDIT: OK, so it's a little bit OT for this thread but does anyone else think that 2014 Hobey nominee Ryan Dzingel might be a Hunter Shinkaruk doppelganger?

Dzingel_Ryan_hobey_crop-1_8e34a3afe1fadbd858057d11259282f1.jpgdzingel.jpg

Especially in the 2nd pic (both are of Dzingel, by the way--just in case that wasn't clear).

Canucks Math Time:

Hunter Shinkaruk x Ryan Dzingel = Mats Sundin

well 1st is running away with it now. ahead of the calgary guy but its just preiliminary so votes dont give the award. Be nice to see him finish top 3 overall when its all said in done.

would have been a nice thing to get the most votes for ben, but that wont be happening. is it his last year in college? ahl eligible nxt season?

the popular vote doesn't do much of anything. which is a good thing too, considering it's a lot of people voting for a player they have never seen play.

I've only seen Faragher play a couple times, but on the east coast, Gostisbehere and Goudreau impress me more than Hutton. Voted accordingly.

Stuffing the ballot and voting for a player only because he's drafted by your team totally goes against the principles of the Hobey Baker award, which not only rewards skill, but strength of character and integrity. (but you know, whatever...)

Considering they made voting open to any single IP once a day, I'd guess they aren't worried about fans stuffing the ballots. That's why they only account for it as 1% of the final vote and hopefully have actual hockey people who have seen the players regularly decide the final winner.

Just noticed that CalgaryPuck's Hobey Baker forum has instructions on how to use proxy IPs to stuff multiple votes per 24 hours:

http://forum.calgary...=123290&page=22

Shame on those guys! :sadno:

Not quite as blatant about cheating as those Flames fans: http://forum.calgary...1&postcount=426

FYI - these are posts from a year ago. Last years voting.

Flames fans have Gaudreau, Gillies, Arnold and Agostino to put votes towards, all are excellent players.

Okay. I'd hate to see an award go to someone just because he has a larger following than someone else..

Funny you should say that since you were once for the "Vote for Rory" bandwagon.

In any case, Flyer fans are making sure Shayne Gostisbehere win the fan votes. Practically no one has been voting for Ben Hutton the past few weeks. Let's all make sure we all keep voting for Hutton!

the popular vote doesn't do much of anything. which is a good thing too, considering it's a lot of people voting for a player they have never seen play.

I've only seen Faragher play a couple times, but on the east coast, Gostisbehere and Goudreau impress me more than Hutton. Voted accordingly.

Stuffing the ballot and voting for a player only because he's drafted by your team totally goes against the principles of the Hobey Baker award, which not only rewards skill, but strength of character and integrity. (but you know, whatever...)

Well isn't that what every other team with fans are doing?

:picard: Such a pointless argument

Archived