The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ANA - 1/15/14 - 7:30PM

Strombone1

Devorski & ORourke were doing what is expected of them in So-CaL. Made to order.

Didnt Devorski do the honors in last nights game too. Its par for the course in So-cal. Homerism refereeing. Definitely NOT the reason that the Nucks lost this game tho...but definitely a reason for the piling on - yet again.

Am I mistaken - but if a player throws-off his gloves to engage you...isnt that agreeing to fight...whether he successfully lands just a few punches... or not. Devorski YOU SUCK! 7:00 minute 5 on 3 & 2 King pugelists stiil upon the ice - cuz they got NOTHIN. Jackman got in a few tasty licks...& yet he`s skatin around too.The So-Cal refereeing crews should all be scrutinized. The Director of Officiating is obviously complicit...so how about an outside entity....pleazze? Its like when the police investigate themselves.... that rarely gets to the heart of the matter... or at the entire truth.

Glad Torts decided to protect both Lack (and Luongo) & save them for games the Nucks have a legitimate opportunity to win. The whole night was painful. Not sayin they deserved too much better...but all of the unnecessary piling on by the refereeing crew.... was pretty shameful. :mad:

And - IF Tortorella cant get any help from his coaching-assistants to fix their very dismal PP. Fire one of them...and bring-in an up-grade with fresh new ideas, asap...before its too late.

Why people want a trade so bad lol. I realize this team has needs but what do you expect the Canucks to get to help the team out? When it comes to trading the prices are usually to high. And yes Canucks don't have too much to trade since there is a lot of NTC and I don't want Gillis to touch any prospect since they finally have something to kinda brag about.

Watch, the league won't even acknowledge what the officials did here tonight. 7 mins of 5 on 3 for that just exposes the league for what it is, completely void of competent, unbiased officiating.

Who knows what made this pos ref so mad at us, but to "make and example" of the Canucks like that is enough for me to lose (even more) interest in this mickey mouse league.

Yes ... we lost because of the refs. People get your head out of your arse. I'm embarassed by the Canucks imbecile and juvenile moves, getting our arses kicked so let's rough it up like we did in LA ... at least we'll get a moral victory.

You're right, let's not worry about toughness, even though it cost us two quick playoff exits lol

And who is even saying the refs cost us this game? Who are you talking to/about? The piling on is what's brutal about the officiating tonight. I didn't see any more-than-usual brutal officiating, until 7 minutes left in the 3rd.

Watch, the league won't even acknowledge what the officials did here tonight. 7 mins of 5 on 3 for that just exposes the league for what it is, completely void of competent, unbiased officiating.

Who knows what made this pos ref so mad at us, but to "make and example" of the Canucks like that is enough for me to lose (even more) interest in this mickey mouse league.

He works the So-cal triangle ...he`s a homer...& he worked last night`s game where the Nucks tried to push back his KINGS. Tonight was some of Devorski`s push-back...instead of giving the Nucks their clean slate to start this one. Same ref back to back nights ...happens a lot with the crews in SoCal...need to rotate those guys out of there...the stats tell us that something pretty complacent & cushy is going on in those rinks.

Dvorski has lost his neutrality and has made it personal. Should be removed from rotation but ther is no accountability in the NHL for its officials

Agreed, did anybody else notice after he ejected Kass for missing teeth, he went to the other refs and you could read his lips as he pointed... " that guy's a f'in A hole"

Wtf if that's not him getting even I don't know what is... Maybe we need to go Adam sander and Longest Yard on them, Garrison could use that shot of his to keep the refs honest...

Archived