The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mason Raymond update

Mackcanuck

Tied with Kesler with an apple tonight... Good for 3rd on the Nucks. We have plenty of guys slumping too.

exactly .. this guy busted his butt for us .. literally ... why do we find so much joy in his failure ? i get that we might dislike the laffs but come on .

It was only a matter of time before he settled down. He's still a good signing for the Leafs though, considering how cheap his contract is. Hopefully he can turn it around and get a decent contract from another team, I'd like to see him have success somewhere that isn't Toronto.

It was only a matter of time before he settled down. He's still a good signing for the Leafs though, considering how cheap his contract is.

That's true, he can be great for their regular season, considering the Leafs aren't really interested in the playoffs anymore. Works out good for them.

I always really liked him. I have no idea why he simply REFUSED to work on other aspects of his game.

Like gain 10 lbs of muscle in his upper body so he can fight in the dirty areas. Slow down 1/2 a step once he crosses the blue line so he doesnt fall down, and cut to the middle instead of romping around the perimeter.

Its a shame because if he consistently did those things he could have been a 30 goal guy.

I have never understood the dislike for Mason Raymond here. He's a good player. Only two canucks have more points and more goals. And many a Canuck player is slumping offensively right now. He was humbled, took a huge paycut and has come back strong.

Raymond has never been a creator of offense, he relies on whoever is on his line to create chances. Hence when his line slumps he slumps just as hard. I am not a fan nor will I ever be a fan of Raymond, he just does not belong in a team's top 6.

Mason Raymond leaving the Canucks was what I called a non event.

Nothing to be happy about. Nothing to be disappointed about.

If he left Toronto at this stage, I suspect they would feel the same way.

Both teams should be concentrating on more pressing issues. In the meantime, while he's cheap there is no harm in having him around either!

Raymond will have a long career in the NHL as long as he prices himself right!

Archived