The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canucks are loving, and supportive of their fans.

darrondimo

My 6 year old son passwd away on christmas night. He is a die hard Canucks fan, Daniel was his favorite. His grandparents(Leafs fans from way back) thought it would be a nice gesture to wear his teams colors to the service. they looked up and down the island and weren't having much luck. So Judy, his grandmother, wrote Wynn Moody, director of sports and entertainment. Wynn replied, stating she recognised the pic of my son and I from his Canucks whiskers. Wynn told them the jerseys with the Sedins names and numbers would be fedexed immediately. When the jerseys arrived 2 days later, there was a note saying Wynn took our story to the Sedins and they sent them signed! We shared this story on FB and over 300 people came to Ashleys service wearing Canucks colours, even the minister! It was a great feeling of support that I needed. I can not thank the friends and the organization enough for what that did for his mother, myself and all else who knew and love him. Thank you

post-90089-0-47877400-1389841662_thumb.j

He was lovely. :) It's times like this that we band together as a family of fans, not just fans. I can't imagine your grief...as a parent, I just can't.

What a wonderful gesture that they not only responded, but did so in a prompt, attentive way. A great organization for sure.

May your beautiful little one RIP and you find comfort and healing somehow at this difficult time.

Wow...

absolutely heartbreaking about your boy.... I like to think of myself as a macho person, but had "something in my eye" when I saw the pic of your boy...

May he watch his team from the heavens.... and what a class act by the sedins....

this story puts a lot of things in a different perspective for me.....

Thank you all very much. One of our favorite things to do was watch the Nucks play. He was such a Daniel fan, Henrik was his second favorite. Burrows is mine so when the 3 of them were out together Ash and I would go nuts. I used to send his mother texts everytime we scored. Now I just look up and give him a fist pump.

I watch each game now hoping to feel his excitement when Daniel hits the ice. He used to jump and scream, every time he touches the puck, Ash would expect a goal, lol

All my best and love from a stranger Darron, hope you and yours heal well and grow stronger from this passing.

I have a 5 year old son myself, I can't imagine what you guys are going through. My deepest condolences.

Will be taking my little guy to his first Canucks game next season, he will be 6 then. Perhaps facepaint whiskers are in order, in honor of your son?

I would love to see the pics :-)

My 6 year old son passwd away on christmas night. He is a die hard Canucks fan, Daniel was his favorite. His grandparents(Leafs fans from way back) thought it would be a nice gesture to wear his teams colors to the service. they looked up and down the island and weren't having much luck. So Judy, his grandmother, wrote Wynn Moody, director of sports and entertainment. Wynn replied, stating she recognised the pic of my son and I from his Canucks whiskers. Wynn told them the jerseys with the Sedins names and numbers would be fedexed immediately. When the jerseys arrived 2 days later, there was a note saying Wynn took our story to the Sedins and they sent them signed! We shared this story on FB and over 300 people came to Ashleys service wearing Canucks colours, even the minister! It was a great feeling of support that I needed. I can not thank the friends and the organization enough for what that did for his mother, myself and all else who knew and love him. Thank you

post-90089-0-47877400-1389841662_thumb.j

I am so sorry for your loss . I am glad he went out as a brave and proud Nucks fan. Its the best way to go :towel:

They really did show an amazing sense of empathy. This club does so much for our children already, we know they love kids. My son knew that, and now he knows they love him too. He will always be cheering for them, as will I. We are all Canucks right?? Ash was the biggest little Canuck of all. He knew more about the team at 6 then most people do at 30.

Archived