The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] ducks won

Strombone1

At least Boudreau showed class and didnt send out his top pp unit out on the 7 minute 5 on 3. There are some douche coaches that would have done that.

I hope this team can retool like Anaheim did. They won the cup, they went on a bit of a downslide after they lost some siginficant pieces, missed the playoffs in the meantime...but with shrewd management, some good draft picks, trades and signings they look like they will win a cup again soon. Does anyone think that Gillis has the ability to turn this ship around?

Oh well. Games like these happen. This team is a average - above average team, clearly not good enough to compete in the playoffs against the west. Not as bad as tonight indicated but not a great team at all.

I didn't expect much this season and i must say it feels nice to not be raging right now as i may of previously done so in the past.

At this point id much rather see this team get as low of a draft pick as possible and see what next year brings.

they had some good chances early on that could have gone their way, but we have been saying that for a few games now.

At least Boudreau showed class and didnt send out his top pp unit out on the 7 minute 5 on 3. There are some douche coaches that would have done that.

I hope this team can retool like Anaheim did. They won the cup, they went on a bit of a downslide after they lost some siginficant pieces, missed the playoffs in the meantime...but with shrewd management, some good draft picks, trades and signings they look like they will win a cup again soon. Does anyone think that Gillis has the ability to turn this ship around?

NO. He has tied his success to this core group and they are not going to be able to compete with the true contenders. 2011 is looking far more like an anomaly than a dynasty. A GM without loyalty willing to ask players to waive their NTC and/or to play lesser roles is needed.

That's how you do it.

With 10 NTC's, nope.

Most intelligent fans saw the downfall happen 2 years back. My only hope was that management would realize it before it was too late. It's too late now.

The Canucks are in the worst spot that you can be in the NHL. Not a cup contender and not crappy enough to accumulate picks to be a contender in the future. With the NTC's added on top of an aging team, in simple terms, they're screwed.

That's how you do it.

With 10 NTC's, nope.

Most intelligent fans saw the downfall happen 2 years back. My only hope was that management would realize it before it was too late. It's too late now.

The Canucks are in the worst spot that you can be in the NHL. Not a cup contender and not crappy enough to accumulate picks to be a contender in the future. With the NTC's added on top of an aging team, in simple terms, they're screwed.

they are far from screwed sorry to not jump on the jump off the canucks bandwagon

i can think of a few teams with a worse future right now like the Flames Oilers Islanders Hurricane Jets Predators want me to continue the fact is the canucks are middle of the pack right now no longer elite they aren't a bottom feeder like people like to claim

NTC doesn't mean will never be traded get this through your head Canucks have young players developing they aren't ready for the jump yet but fans need to be patient this team will be fine in 2-4 years

That's how you do it.

With 10 NTC's, nope.

Sounds like the purgatory that Calgary has been stuck in for the better part of 2 decades.

The other thing that I think needs to be considered is that its possible that the Sedins are tired. Perhaps Torts hasnt factored in the travel in the west coast when piling on the minutes?

Also, Burrows might mean more to this team than many people think. I think he is the cog that makes the Sedins elite players.

Sounds like the purgatory that Calgary has been stuck in for the better part of 2 decades.

The other thing that I think needs to be considered is that its possible that the Sedins are tired. Perhaps Torts hasnt factored in the travel in the west coast when piling on the minutes?

Also, Burrows might mean more to this team than many people think. I think he is the cog that makes the Sedins elite players.

the difference was the Flames were famous for finishing 9-11 for the past decade never restocking the cupboards until now

Who is this Judy that calls into 1040? She sounds like a grandma. Such passion! If I was her age, I'd go and do something productive with what little time I have left and not worry about this crap :lol:

I know! You also notice how he's the ONLY female to call in. I don't think I've ever heard another woman call into that show.

Asking MG to do something this season is too late. We sure ain't beating any of these Cali teams in a series.

Sit tight and wait for the off season. Blood a few rookies in and patience.

Archived