The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] ducks won

Strombone1

The first post said: "I would love to see you, or any of the multitude of people whining about the referees actually referee a hockey game", and your astute response is to mock the poster by suggesting that he said he reffed an NHL game? If you want to really discuss, then don't twist around what people write to make it sound like they are stupid, that is NOT discussing.

You mean like when he said our argument was whining? Double standard?

If you really want to discuss, please do so.

I would love to see you, or any of the multitude of people whining about the referees actually referee a hockey game. There is no sport more difficult to officiate than a hockey game.

First off I am sure you would not love to see me Reffing a game

What does " actually reffing a game" have to do with the people that complain about it? I am not a physician but if I go to a surgeon to have my tonsils removed and come out with only one leg, am I not allowed to complain BECAUSE I AM NOT A SURGEON

The is no sport more difficult to Referee other then a hockey game. Have you done studies on this or is this just an assumption.

No one was debating the skill level required to ref a game.

I didn't like the reffing of Devorski He took things personally not objective at all. Ref's can't do that Ask Auger.

I also didn't like the play of the Canucks last night the reffing certainly didn't cost them the game

But Devorski's personal axe to grind with who ever it is on the Canucks is no where near the skill level needed to keep the integrity of the game.

He and any other ref should be called out on these sort of things.

Ask yourself this: Game 7 scf against Bruins Do you really want Devorski to Ref that game. Based on what I saw the last two games I definitely Do not

The first post said: "I would love to see you, or any of the multitude of people whining about the referees actually referee a hockey game", and your astute response is to mock the poster by suggesting that he said he reffed an NHL game? If you want to really discuss, then don't twist around what people write to make it sound like they are stupid, that is NOT discussing.

Make it sound like they are stupid? Maybe if it sounds like it's stupidity, it is.

You accuse someone of not being a ref so they don't know what they are talking about. (No matter how many games they've watched)... but you do! That implies that you are are putting yourself on the same level as Devorski. That's not twisting anything.

You disagree with Kerry Fraser as well. He didn't like what went on either. So its only one referee you agree with, the ref that, in his professional wisdom, yelled profanities at the Canucks bench while he dealt out his punishments.

Which is more fair comment than the conspiracy theory nonsense. The NHL is not competent enough to execute a secret conspiracy. Clearly the leagues management of officials is failing at a fairly high level and they need to fix it as it has already seriously eroded the reputation of the league as a legitimate professional sport.

You people need to learn what that word means:

"A conspiracy or collusion is an agreement between two or more parties to gain an unfair advantage or deprive a third party of its rights"

The refs, the teams and the league are all part of one organization: the NHL. Using the refs to give an advantage to certain teams is entirely internal and doesn't require collusion. It's just executing a business plan. Not liking the NHL's business plan because it isn't sporting is entirely different (and more reasonable) than implying a mass web of conspiracy among multiple international organizations. If the NHL refs and NHL were separate organizations, illegally colluding the screw over the NHLPA, that would be a conspiracy.

Learn what big words mean if you're going to use them.

"A conspiracy or collusion is an agreement between two or more parties to gain an unfair advantage or deprive a third party of its rights"

The refs, the teams and the league are all part of one organization: the NHL. Using the refs to give an advantage to certain teams is entirely internal and doesn't require collusion. It's just executing a business plan. Not liking the NHL's business plan because it isn't sporting is entirely different (and more reasonable) than implying a mass web of conspiracy among multiple international organizations. If the NHL refs and NHL were separate organizations, illegally colluding the screw over the NHLPA, that would be a conspiracy.

Just saying you may want to ask the HC of the New Orleans Saints who Conspired with his players to gain advantage over other teams Using his Bounty Scheme

Conspiracy

a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

Learn context of words if you're going to be a pompous donkey.

Learn context of words if you're going to be a pompous donkey.

Learn what a "party" is. That would require some sort of education though. Until then, pot and kettle mate.

Conspiracy

a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

That's a distillation of the criminal legal definition into layman's english (while ignoring 2 key components so your source is crap). There is also civil conspiracy and collusion which relates more specifically to contract law, tort and fiduciary duties.

Google is not your friend here. You used a word to discredit people who don't think the same as you. hoping to evoke sneers. You used it wrong and you got called on it by someone who knows infinitely more about the subject than you. Your delicate pride will get over it.

Archived