The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Total number of penalty minutes Devorski gave us in those 2 games?

BlueLemming

142 minutes worth (30 penalties assessed against us in 2 games).

well some of that can be blamed on the refs the bulk falls on the Canucks undisclined play. I said it last game after LA that the Canucks need to work on not taking bad penalities yet everyone else went on to praise them for their 'morale' victory. Hopefully this time the Canucks got the message to cut out the stupid sh** and focus on scoring.

well some of that can be blamed on the refs the bulk falls on the Canucks undisclined play. I said it last game after LA that the Canucks need to work on not taking bad penalities yet everyone else went on to praise them for their 'morale' victory. Hopefully this time the Canucks got the message to cut out the stupid sh** and focus on scoring.

The point of it all is, the California teams can play like this, run our goalie, and star players. Instigate fights like Jackman did to Bieksa, and get away with it. We try to play their game and its "7 minutes of 5 on 3". It's a joke and to be honest, I will never buy another piece of NHL product. I'm done with this bush league bull s**t.

Ive been watching NHL games for decades....has anyone ever seen a 7 minute 5 on 3? Its a hard stat to look up. Im willing to bet that its probably the first time in NHL history a 7 minute 5 on 3 has been assessed. That, or its very rare.... (not to mention getting 3 7 minute penalties within 2 games)

Devorski has zero game management skills. The ducks already were humiliating the canucks on the score board, there was less than 10 minutes left, a bunch of Duck players were involved in the scrum and he couldnt find a way to send one of their guys to the box? Smells like a bit of personal vendetta to me - I think that Torts really gave it to him in LA and he was looking for some payback...

And when we're up by 4-5 in the second next game....them the ref will even things out start calling penalties on the other teams.

Yer dreamin bud!

The point of it all is, the California teams can play like this, run our goalie, and star players. Instigate fights like Jackman did to Bieksa, and get away with it. We try to play their game and its "7 minutes of 5 on 3". It's a joke and to be honest, I will never buy another piece of NHL product. I'm done with this bush league bull s**t.

It is obviously a joke.. We may have lost that game anyway but another Divorski penalty to Garrison during the final 5 mins in a game like that is an absolute joke.. Where is the accountability and how can a ref who obviously doesn't like the Canucks be allowed to ref our games multiple times..

The refs made a joke of the game, is the point many are trying to convey.

ranting

Not once have I ever seen a team who is down 6 goals in the 3rd period have penalties called on top of a 5 on 3. Never.

Penguins were down 4-2, they trip Santo, cross check, hook, and do whatever it takes to win the game and they get away with it. The Canucks are down 7-1 and they call 2 7 minutes penalties after Vatanen has Hansen in a headlock and Jackman drops the gloves? It's f***ing bull****. Nolan can take a run at our #1 Center but when Sestito goes at him it's a 7 minute penalty? Enough is enough, it's not even subtle anymore. Blatant calls against to completely shut down our team. Stanton is injured because of a dirty play, Luongo is injured because of a dirty play, and we get called for J.Quick suddenly forgetting how to keep his balance? Lest we forget Alberts. But Kassian gets 8 games, Hansen gets 3, and Edler gets 5.

I have skated my entire life and am no where near the as strong on the puck as a lot of these guys, and I can stay up. Look at Booth going to the net yesterday. That's how hard it is to bring someone as strong as them down, tripping should be a rarity in hockey.

We as a collective people need to stop watching Canuck games, plain and simple. We aren't winning a cup here, the refs will not allow it.

It's not just the Canucks, Montreal got screwed last year in the play-offs by the Refs*. Toronto gets screwed all the time.

Hockey was failing in SoCal, no one cared and once the NHL feels like they are doing "up to par" they will fall off the map again in terms of fans.

As a closing statement of this incoherent rant, I would like to say. Refs should be there to call the game and enforce the rules. They are not there to dictate a game or close one eye because a team is down a couple goals. Refs should start being fined for blatantly bad calls or missed calls. Referee's need to be held accountable.

ranting

As a closing statement of this incoherent rant, I would like to say. Refs should be there to call the game and enforce the rules. They are not there to dictate a game or close one eye because a team is down a couple goals. Refs should start being fined for blatantly bad calls or missed calls. Referee's need to be held accountable.

I think think that the refs should be made available to the media after the game. If representatives from each team are made available for post game questions, and the coaches are accessible, why arent the refs? They have the ability to make or break teams and they should be accountable and be able to publicly justify their actions. Players make mistakes and they have to face the cameras, why are refs so special?

Archived