The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Total number of penalty minutes Devorski gave us in those 2 games?

BlueLemming

Just a simple question: have you ever been happy with the work of a referee in a game that the canucks have lost?

I'll answer from my point of view.

Yes I have. I rarely blame refs unless it's vs a California team or penguins. Refs are allowed to miss two or three calls a game. Or waive of goals incorrectly... Once in a while.

But we are far past once in a while.

I'm shocked Aquilini hasn't done or said anything yet. Pathetic.

Not just when we play these California teams... vs the penguins both games this year were % 100 fixed.

Every game that the canucks have lost has been fixed, right? The Harlem Globetrotters don't need the NBA, why do the canucks need the NHL!

I'll answer from my point of view.

Yes I have. I rarely blame refs unless it's vs a California team or penguins. Refs are allowed to miss two or three calls a game. Or waive of goals incorrectly... Once in a while.

But we are far past once in a while.

I was wondering why the canucks have such a poor record versus the California teams, now I know. At least the refs let us win against Edmonton and Calgary.

Ref are human and act like it. This does not give the right to be blatantly dumb and call the games the way they do.

If a ref screws up, they should be told and the NHL should inform the fans that mistakes were made.

Instead the NHL put on the front page of there how the ducks rocked Van with 6 PP goals.

Ref are human and act like it. This does not give the right to be blatantly dumb and call the games the way they do.

If a ref screws up, they should be told and the NHL should inform the fans that mistakes were made.

Instead the NHL put on the front page of there how the ducks rocked Van with 6 PP goals.

Pathetic, the NHL should apologize on their website for fixing last night's game. When a bunch of plugs beat a team like the canucks, with 2 ex scoring champions in its line up, you know something stinks.

I don't recall seeing so many instigator penalties at anytime.

I wonder what goes on behind closed doors with canuck management and NHL hq in a situation like this.

A ref doing back to back games with the same team should never happen.

This league does have refs who are bias which to me is dishonest, but one thing is clear the Canucks are a long way away from a Stanley Cup final.

Paul Devorski didn't lose the game for the Canucks and I'm not blaming hiim for the loss. But he clearly dislikes the Canucks and wanted to embarrass them, and succeeded. I had never in my life seen a 7 minute power play until the LA game, and then the very next game he makes us try and kill off a 7 minute 5 on 3 while we're getting blown out. And gives us another penalty during the penalty kill?

And the sad thing is that no one our team will speak out against this because if we do we will just get called whiners for "blaming the refs." It's ridiculous.

They're basically allowing this to become a dysfunctional deal. Refs are in place to administer the rules and oversee the game. The day they swear and call people aholes is the day they've crossed the line and that needs assessing. No excuse for the loss, no excuse for that kind of behavior from someone in place to be fair and unbiased. Refs are human but, with that, can't let their emotions seep into the game on the ice...they're in place to prevent that and they're no better than the guys losing their cool out there at that point.

This league is a mess. The team- well that can be fixed and I still have hope for them. But in this environment?...not so sure.

They're basically allowing this to become a dysfunctional deal. Refs are in place to administer the rules and oversee the game. The day they swear and call people aholes is the day they've crossed the line and that needs assessing. No excuse for the loss, no excuse for that kind of behavior from someone in place to be fair and unbiased. Refs are human but, with that, can't let their emotions seep into the game on the ice...they're in place to prevent that and they're no better than the guys losing their cool out there at that point.

This league is a mess. The team- well that can be fixed and I still have hope for them. But in this environment?...not so sure.

Yes it was easy to read his lips as he talked to the other ref.

Called Kassian a "Fu#@ing A%%h*le"

I have watched hockey for over twenty years and have played hockey for ten years and I have never seen such outrageous reffing against a team. I have seen a player go after another player who was not willing to drop the gloves and have never seen a 7 minute penalty against them unless they really hurt the other player. And to see 3 calls like that in back to back games from the same ref says something. If you can't admit that then you have got some serious blinders on. Especially since Vatanen dropped his gloves as well at the same time as Hansen and he gets nothing? Tim Jackman was also the one that skated up to Sestito, not the other way around, and at the very least should have got a roughing call. 7 minutes of 5 on 3 in a 7-1 game is a pure joke.

I don't blame them for the loss....the Canucks loss that game themselves. However, that does not negate the fact that the ref seemed to have some kind of personal vendetta that game. Almost every call against the Canucks was by Devorski. The couple calls against the Ducks were made by the other ref. Of course, nothing will ever happen to Devorski and he will be free to do it to another team.

Pathetic, the NHL should apologize on their website for fixing last night's game. When a bunch of plugs beat a team like the canucks, with 2 ex scoring champions in its line up, you know something stinks.

Just stop.

Most here are aware the Canucks lost because they sucked in that game. That still doesn't justify the poor reffing. Or are you trying to claim that you are satisfied? Please justify that if you are instead of just making sarcastic remarks.

You tell em coastal1, you should be given a job with the NHL head office just for being so witty.

Archived