The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun] Canucks covet O'Reilly and will deal defense to aquire him

Southpop45

Would Colorado move O'Reilly? Yes but only in 3 situations.

1. They keep Stastny.

2. They are able to get a top 6 winger by trading Stastny.

3. Trade Stastny and O'Reilly for D and top 6 (doesn't mean Avs trade both to the same team)

Option 1, they'd keep Mackinnon as their 3rd C and move him around the top 6 based on what Roy wants at the time, very much like what they've done this year, which is more like a top 7.

McGinn-Duchene-Parenteau

Tanguay-Statsny-Landeskog

MacKinnon

Option 2. Mackinnon becomes their 2C behind Duchene and they have the top 6 from Stastny trade, with Landeskog, P.A Parenteau and Tanguay

Top 6 from trade-Duchene-Parenteau

Tanguay-MacKinnon-Landeskog.

Option 3 seems unlikely to me but this is the team that flipped Downie for Talbot when Downie was red hot.

Anyone know why Roy isn't using Duchene and Landeskog together? I remember last season they dominated together.

Edler + 1st for O'Reilly

LOL are you joking? Edler for O'Reilly straight up is more than enough and COL may have to add.

How much CDC underrates Edler is ridiculous.

Meh, he paced for 56 last year, had 55 the year before that and he's only 22. On pace for 30+ goals and 58 points this year.

Add that it to his two-way capabilities..

I think it's a worthy investment with the cap going up and Booth being bought out.

What's his offensive potential though? Will he become a PPG or close player? With our offensive woes, is he the one to fix them?

If Canucks trade for O'Rielly straight up for Edler and then make a seperate trade to acquire Steve Ott.

Next years possible lineup:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - O'Rielly - Kesler

Ott - Horvat - Hansen

Sestito - Richardson - Santorelli/Lain

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - Bieksa

Stanton - Corrado

We would be really deep in the center position with Henrik, Kesler, O'Rielly, Ott, Horvat, Richardson, Santorelli.

Kesler will finally have a legitimate young top-six forward to play with him. Horvat would run the 3rd line and he will be mentored by Kesler and O'Rielly throughout the season. Ott would provide that grit and toughness on that checking line.

Or Imagine, O'Rielly - Horvat - Kesler as a shutdown line, that would be one heck of a line to try and create offense against.

i dont see the problem with having o'reilly and horvat. even if down the road horvat becomes close to what o'reilly is. just because o'reilly is a two way player, that doesnt put up a point per game, doesnt mean he cannot play first line minutes. brendan morrison was a solid 70 point, two way player, who played big minutes on the so called "top line in hockey at the time".

Yup no reason you can't have both, especially with Kes and ROR being great wingers. I would still look to deal Bo though, just because if we added Orielly, we could move Bo for 1 more piece and take a stab at the cup this year and next. Someone like Kane or Simmonds/Voracek added to ROR would stack our top 6 and leave us in great shape for the future.

If Canucks trade for O'Rielly straight up for Edler and then make a seperate trade to acquire Steve Ott.

Next years possible lineup:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - O'Rielly - Kesler

Ott - Horvat - Hansen

Sestito - Richardson - Santorelli/Lain

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - Bieksa

Stanton - Corrado

We would be really deep in the center position with Henrik, Kesler, O'Rielly, Ott, Horvat, Richardson, Santorelli.

Kesler will finally have a legitimate young top-six forward to play with him. Kesler and Burrows in that lineup. Horvat would run the 3rd line and he will be mentored by Kesler and O'Rielly throughout the season. Ott would provide that grit and toughness on that checking line.

RIP Kassian.

LOL are you joking? Edler for O'Reilly straight up is more than enough and COL may have to add.

How much CDC underrates Edler is ridiculous.

Exactly. If they want a top LH d-man to play with Johnson, they'll have to look at a decent return from their side considering the RFA/qualifying concerns over O'Reilly.

This kid has the potential to be the best overall player on the Canuck roster. Young, tough, has hands, and good defensively. Who are we kidding...when was the last time a Vancouver GM pulled a trade that brought a young impact player here?

You want a cup, you have to pull off ballsy moves like this,

Edler for O'Reilly

Booth, 2nd for Campbell at 50%

Tanev, Hansen, Jensen, 1st, 2nd for Kane in the summer

Roster outline for next year

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Kane - O'Reilly - Burrows

Higgins - Horvat - Kassian

Gaunce - Richardson - Santorelli

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Campbell - Garrison

Stanton - Corrado

Luongo

Lack

Yes please. That's the type of 'rebuild on the fly' we need.

I never agree with proposals on this forum, but this is solid.

I agree that edler for RoR is a value for value trade, just hope he would waive his NTC.

Well, technically thad and I don't agree. We think Colorado would likely have to add rather than it being one for one.

And completely unrealistic.

No kidding, they're going to take back Booth and retain 50% of Campbell's deal?

I look at O'Reilly as a step towards being able to beat cali teams, our future, and becoming cup contenders again.

I'd say it will cost us Tanev, prospect, 2014 1st

I don't think that gets it done. While the value is probably there, I don't think they're going to offload him for a package. They're going to try and get the best defenseman possible for a 22yr old stud centreman. Tanevs as steady as they come but I'm sure someone else will offer up a better dman with serious intangibles. To outbid everyone else it'll probably cost edler.

I don't think that gets it done. While the value is probably there, I don't think they're going to offload him for a package. They're going to try and get the best defenseman possible for a 22yr old stud centreman. Tanevs as steady as they come but I'm sure someone else will offer up a better dman with serious intangibles. To outbid everyone else it'll probably cost edler.

God I hope so, Tanev is twice the D-man Edler is.

Archived