The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun] Canucks covet O'Reilly and will deal defense to aquire him

Southpop45

Edler + 1st for O'Reilly

Then push for Kane & Wheeler/Ladd. The team suddenly becomes younger, faster, stronger & more skilled.

Horvat, Hansen, Kassian, Booth (for cap) and either a 2nd 2015 or Schroeder for Kane and Wheeler/Ladd

Sedin Sedin Kane

Wheeler Kesler O'Reilly

Higgins Santorelli Burrows

Sestito Richardson Dalpe/Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison Tanev

Corrado Stanton

Alberts

Last year he paced for more points than anyone on the Canucks not named Sedin.

The year before that, the same thing.

This year, same thing.

This year, in fact, he has more GOALS than any Canuck at all.

The Canucks would welcome his offensive play, and the fact that he has amazing two-way capabilities could make and him and Kesler the ultimate 2-way line.

I'm not. Gillis is scared to death of making a mistake after the Ballard trade, he'd think he was being stitched up if Colorado offered O'Reilly for Dale Weise and say no.

Ya I'm sure Winnipeg is looking for the first opportunity to offload evander Kane for scraps and prospects lol your obviously coughing up Kesler to get him

Oh you're talking about the ones that put up 70+ point seasons and get nominated for selkes while doing so? You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

So you're telling me acquiring Ryan O'Reilly will solve the canucks problem which is scoring. Sure he's still very young but he hasn't surpassed 18 goals in his career. And along with Ryan Kesler, jannik Hansen , Chris Higgins you think the canucks need another two way forward?

The canucks need a player who's job is solely to put the puck in the net

He has 18 goals now. Which would lead all Canucks..He's got 70 points in him one day, maybe as early as next year. Yea he helps us offensively.

The more games I watch Hamhuis this year, im actually hoping its Hamhuis they are shopping instead of Edler.

We need size and physicality to compete in our new division, and I think keeping Edler would be the smarter choice.

YES!

I dont know why everyone is willing to cough up Edler when Hamhuis is also an option. Hamhuis seems to be on a downslide. He has made bad mistakes during critical points in many big games this year. Bad pinches, he seems to trip over his own skates which has lead to many outmanned rushes, has scored on his own net multiple times....I think its hamhuis they should be shopping while he still has "Team Canada" prestige....

Canucks will have to give up a significant core player to get a significant piece in return. Think of the future if Kassian actually develops into a good player...Kassian O'Reilly Horvat Tanev Edler and Shinkaruk can be a great core to build around...

YES!

I dont know why everyone is willing to cough up Edler when Hamhuis is also an option. Hamhuis seems to be on a downslide. He has made bad mistakes during critical points in many big games this year. Bad pinches, he seems to trip over his own skates which has lead to many outmanned rushes, has scored on his own net multiple times....I think its hamhuis they should be shopping while he still has "Team Canada" prestige....

Canucks will have to give up a significant core player to get a significant piece in return. Think of the future if Kassian actually develops into a good player...Kassian O'Reilly Horvat Tanev Edler and Shinkaruk can be a great core to build around...

He's also closer to redundant as Tanev plays largely the same role. (We don't have an Edler replacement.) As an Olympian he would also have insane value. Still... I don't see us trading our NTC's....

YES!

Because Hamhuis took about $1-$1.5 million less to sign here in his home province as opposed to signing for more with a team like Pittsburgh or Philly. He and Tanev have been our best defencemen this season and it would be nothing short of foolish to trade him. It has been said time and time again Edler is our most valuable asset that we can afford to trade. And I'm sure Colorado would foam at the mouth at the thought having Edler on their blueline for the next 10 years since he fits their age group much better than Hamhuis.

Because Hamhuis took about $1-$1.5 million less to sign here in his home province as opposed to signing for more with a team like Pittsburgh or Philly. He and Tanev have been our best defencemen this season and it would be nothing short of foolish to trade him. It has been said time and time again Edler is our most valuable asset that we can afford to trade. And I'm sure Colorado would foam at the mouth at the thought having Edler on their blueline for the next 10 years since he fits their age group much better than Hamhuis.

I think that Edler has much more potential than Hamhuis. Also in light of the pacific division rivals they need a big guy back there that can hit. Edler has it all - hits and can get you near 50 points when he is on. I think that Hamhuis can fetch more and with Tanev emerging and Corrado coming up they can give him up to get a significant piece up front...

Gillis has had a hard on for O Reilly for a Cple years now. Pretty sure even signin his older brother to Utica was a small play to try and help getting Ryan even tho it prolly would have no impact at all on a resigning decision.

And OReilly would be great on our team for multiple reasons: he is still developing, plays a sim stilled to Patrice Bergeron, great in the face off dot, def responsible, scores timely goals, back checks hard, can play LW as well, he can replace Kesler on the second line to let us stack the top line.

Someone posted in here he hasn't scored more then 20 goals, look at the team he has played on, he led

The team In pts , then in the shortened season he didn't crack 20 goals no, but that woulda meant he was 40 goal scorer as well.

This year he is already at 18 goals he's missed a Cple games only with a funny injury from getting hit in a goal celebration with his teammates.

O Reilly is developing into a premier defensive C who are the kinda players who help win Stanley cups.

And I would be willing to trade edler or tanev for O Reilly. Sometimes the thought of losing edler scares me

Though because I feel like he's our only defenseman who can level big forwards in the playoffs. And perhaps edler would be ok going to Colorado, weed is legal, a young swede landeskog is captain, Duchene and mackinnon are there they are a young playoff bound team with a legend as there coach and a lot of history behind there team ( foppa)

If it was tanev I don't know what would be the plus cause it would have to have some salary and I wouldn't want to add much at all.

Sedin-Sedin-burrows

OReilly-Kesler-Higgins/Kassian

Or

Sedins-Kesler

Kassian/burrows-OReilly-Higgins/kassian

Hansen-santorelli-Higgins/burrows/kassian

Two trades and some ELC's next year would put us in ABSOLUTELY AMAZING POSITION

To COL- Edler + low pick/ mid-prospect

To VAN- O'Reilly

**Note** Colorado frees up cap space in this deal

To NYR- Hansen, 2nd rd pick 2015

To VAN- Del Zotto

resign key players AND GIVE ROOKIES A CHANCE

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Shinkaruk-Kesler-O'Reilly

Higgins-Horvat-Santorelli

Weise-Richardson-Kassian

Ham-Bieksa

Delzotto-Garrison

Stanton-Tanev

If you're going to give the rookies a chance, then don't put Kassian on the 4th line.

This 100%!!!!!!

You don't get an opportunity to get this type of player very often.

Same idea with Kassian, except he didn't cost us an arm and a leg to get because he hadn't developed yet. O'Reilly has and will command a solid return as a result, so while I agree these kind of opportunities don't come around, it'll depend on what they're asking and if we can re-sign him without going through another drawn out negotiations or qualifying him at $6.5M.

He would be the new face of the franchise

That's a stretch...

I think that Edler has much more potential than Hamhuis. Also in light of the pacific division rivals they need a big guy back there that can hit. Edler has it all - hits and can get you near 50 points when he is on. I think that Hamhuis can fetch more and with Tanev emerging and Corrado coming up they can give him up to get a significant piece up front...

I get what you mean that Edler is perfect to have for our division, but he's the only guy with significant size on our defence. IMO I think we would keep him if he can pan out into the 'poor man's Lidstrom' he was projected to be.

If we're keeping Edler and trading Hamhuis we should pick up a similar top 4 guy with size with solid defence - Girardi in the summer?

Everyone can hate on the trade proposals for Kane , but truth be told we need a top 6 big bodied winger.

Kane is a young big bodies sniper who can skate and is still young.

The idea of the line - Kane- OReilly- kassian

The KOK or Kork line would be really exciting, super young talented Canadian line that would enter there prime together.

Kane is said to have attitude issues but he's young and clause Noel could have influenced that, he'd prolly piss me

Off too. I'd be open to

Trading for Kane as long as it wasn't too much.

However I would much much much prefer readin for Dustin Buffy , depending on who could be had for less of the two and my guess is Buffy because of age.

Our top 6 with Buffy in playoffs would be :

Sedin-sedin-Buff

OReilly-Kesler-burrows/Higgins/kassian

Would be a beautiful thing.

Our 1 PP unit would be

Sedin sedin Kesler

Garrison buff

Would be great.

Teams with big tough dmen put buff as forward, teams with big tough forwards out buff as a dmen and burrows or kes with sedins

I can't believe with Past and present performance of hamusless...that people would rather trade Edler first....Crazy...

Too bad he's made smart defensive plays where the puck has just taken **** bounces which have burned us.

Why call out Hamhuis when the entire team not named Lack has been terrible?

Everyone can hate on the trade proposals for Kane , but truth be told we need a top 6 big bodied winger.

Kane is a young big bodies sniper who can skate and is still young.

The idea of the line - Kane- OReilly- kassian

The KOK or Kork line

KOK doesn't spell Kork. Thathe sounds like something else...Heheheheh. I am sure lots of teams would fear the KOK line, hahahaha!!!!

Archived